100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar

Thats it..........I Quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i decided to go out to Greensmere at 4:30 and see how many holes i can get in since my wife is comming back tommorow with both kids.

Asked to play the Black and decided to take a cart to play faster. Well it turns out i got through the nine in just over and hour and shot a 41 from the black tee's. So off to the white course i go, feeling pretty good with my game i shot par, par, par bogey, over the next few holes.

Its at this point that i start to realise i'm playing real well now. Got to 18 and realized that i needed to shot par to finally, and i mean for the first time ever break 80. SO i hit a great drive right down the middle, leaving my self 145 yards. Getting a little nervous over my next shot i pull an 8 iron and take my stance, but my hands are shaking. So i end up backing off twice before i can make myself pull the trigger. Well i end up hitting it just a bit short right. DAMN!

So i chip from the ruff and leave my self 6 feet for par. Well you can figure out what happens next.....Yep i miss!!!!!! Tap in for bogey. A little disappointed i mark my score card and recount.....Only to realize i didn;t need par to break 80 I needed BOGEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for the first time ever i shot in the 70's with a 79!!!!!!!!!!! 41-38 on the black and white couse from the black tee's in just over 2 hours!

SO thats it i end my season on a great note! Shooting my best score ever and dropping my handicap to and all time low of 12.4!

God i love this game!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Nice work... Just make sure you don't annoy the wife too much or she may buy you some green fees to get you out of the house and you'll have to risk shooting in the 80's again.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Great job Chris. What a way to finish the season. I on the other hand am thinking of quitting for other reasons.

90 at LM on Sat, 80 at my course on Sun, 90 at Lowville in TO on Tues and probably around 90 again at Glendale on Wed. I was at 55 over par for 3 1/2 rounds, but quit counting on the back nine at Glendale. Some pretty solid golf from a 4 capper, hunh???
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Congrats Chris!!!!! I had a 79 at Greensmere the other day too, of course that was just the front 9...

Nice!

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Wow! Well done! Unexpectedly breaking any milestone is a great feeling, to be sure, and shooting under 80 to finish off the year is definately icing on the cake.

Of course the moral of this story is to never add up your score on the 17th

Here's to hoping you can pick up where you left off at the start of next year!
    Wannabe Golf

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Good shootin bud , you were well overdue for that milestone imo , you've been playing pretty solid all year
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Hey Chris,

Congratulations. You are a ver solid player and make pretty good shots all the way around, from the big dawg, all the way to your Vokeys. Could not happen to a nicer guy.

I am pretty happy for you and hope to feel what you felt after you recounted your score someday.

Reza
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Good going Chris.But i dont believe you when you say its your last round of the year.I know you are a GolfAholic and you need your fix.Great round and your cap down also.Its all good.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Congrats Chris. It won't be long before you are shooting more rounds in the 70s than not
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I thought my goal of breaking 80 just wasn;t going to happen, shot 80 twice this year. This felt like the easiest round i have ever played. only missed 3 fairways and 2 of them just rolled through the fairway. Could have been real low as 2 putts liped out, and a couple more didn't miss by much, but i'm not complaining!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Very nicely done.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Congrats on breaking 80 Chris.

As for Big Johny69 quitting, here we go again Seems we hear this story every year. C'mon dude suck it up. We play for fun, we are not Pros, and never will be!

Relax and go have some fun on the course, laugh at the bad shots once in awhile. It feels good.

Do you think you are the only one who has a high score? NOT.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Nice!

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    Congrats Chris.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

2 Iron Golfy Kid is on a distinguished road Golfy Kid's Avatar
    Well Done!

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    That is really fantastic

I agree, you should go out a winner

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I was tempted to quit at about 1/3 of the way through the season with the way im playing and decided to suck it up and just enjoy being out there. Sometimes I shoot a great round and sometimes I blow up and climb into the 90's...that's golf! My cap at the end of last year was a 3.7 and now it's almost an 8. Yowzers.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Nice shooting Chris. & I agree with Marcos, didn't we play together last year mid-november at Kingsway? Don't let a little thing like a newborn interfere with some quality late-season golf. Take this weekend as an example. Some of the nicest weather we've had all year!
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Nice shooting Chris. & I agree with Marcos, didn't we play together last year mid-november at Kingsway? Don't let a little thing like a newborn interfere with some quality late-season golf. Take this weekend as an example. Some of the nicest weather we've had all year!

Yes we did but i just don;t see that happening this year!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    congrats chris, can't believe you haven't broken that threshold before. now that the seal is broken, anything is possible. sometimes poor math skills can help - just imagine if you knew you could make bogey and still break 80....can you say double!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    under pressure...nerves twitching.. and you did it left handed

Way to go... Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    under pressure...nerves twitching.. and you did it left handed

Way to go... Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

You mean there's hope for "ME"? Lefties rule Way to end the season Chris
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Eagle dhacker1956 is on a distinguished road

Super job Grop

There will be many more!!!! I remeber when I broke 80 for the first time. Wasn't long till most were in the 70's . Too bad it did Not work that way when I first broke 70. have done it several times since but not all the time DRAT!!! Any way GREAT JOB GROP!!!

Baxter
    Way to go...Nice way to end the season.....Now for the winter you can take a couple of math classes...LOL

Congrats........

Cheers,
    Dave

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Congrats on breaking 80 Chris.

As for Big Johny69 quitting, here we go again Seems we hear this story every year. C'mon dude suck it up. We play for fun, we are not Pros, and never will be!

Relax and go have some fun on the course, laugh at the bad shots once in awhile. It feels good.

Do you think you are the only one who has a high score? NOT.

No, no, no, just thinking of calling it quits for the year. Hockey season has started, and I've got a lot of work and personal things on the go. Concentration is just not with me out on the course. I've enjoyed my year so far, just think it might be time to move on to my other priorities.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information