100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Senators

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    Actually, in 1996-1997 Detroit won with the infamous "V" line of Sergei Fedorov, Igor Larionov, Vyacheslav Kozlov, Vladimir Konstantinov, and Slava Fetisov.

Note that they ONLY lost 4 games throughout the playoffs that year..... Europeans anyone??
    Of course they must have done it on the backs of very tough and physical Canadians.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Big_duck
    Number of Euros on Ottawas active roster 9.
    Number of Euros on Leafs active roster 11.

I guess the Sens will go further then the Laffs.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Of course they must have done it on the backs of very tough and physical Canadians.

Dan
    Of course! Yzerman was a goon.

Honestly, the attitude that Europeans don't have the mettle to be impact players in the playoffs is very antiquated and best reserved for knuckleheaded dinosaurs like Don Cherry.

There isn't a single team in the NHL who doesn't have a top-level European player on their roster. Notice that the recent flurry of suspensions has been predominantly centered on North American players? With the exception of Havlat's questionable stick on Recchi, it's been all North Americans. Roenick, Bertuzzi, Shelley, Turco, Belak, just to name a few.

If you want to watch this crap that is happening in hockey, I would suggest renting Wrestlemania 1-9.

Myself, I'm looking forward to any and all international tournaments more than the playoffs, and hope for a long lockout so that ESPN, TSN, Sportsnet and the other hockey media outlets will have to show us some Czech Extraliga games, SEL games and RSL games. Much better hockey to begin with.

Dan

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck
    Number of Euros on Ottawas active roster 9.
    Number of Euros on Leafs active roster 11.

I guess the Sens will go further then the Laffs.
    Geez Typical Sens fan, Always worried about the Leafs. Notice Leaf fans never say a thing about the sens.

Leaf Fan says. "Go Leafs Go".

Sens Fan "Leafs Suck".

Leaf Fan "Go Leafs Go".

Sens Fan "it's been 37 years since...".

Leaf Fan "Go Leafs Go".

The moral of this story. Sens fan should just drop the act and join the Leafs nation, You can't stop thinking about the Maple Leafs just take the next step. It's a lot of fun watching a team you actually care about.

I could not believe I was hearing Sens fans take refuge in the fact they (the senaTORS ) didn't lose to the Maple Leafs last year. Who cares!! Leafs fans don't care who they lose to. Losing to Detroit is just as crappy as losing to the Sens or the panthers or the Ducks. Sens fans need to drop the Small City Syndrome and get with their team and stop worrying about what the Leafs are or are not doing. Just worry about you're own team.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Geez Typical Sens fan, Always worried about the Leafs. Notice Leaf fans never say a thing about the sens.

Leaf Fan says. "Go Leafs Go".

Sens Fan "Leafs Suck".

Leaf Fan "Go Leafs Go".

Sens Fan "it's been 37 years since...".

Leaf Fan "Go Leafs Go".

The moral of this story. Sens fan should just drop the act and join the Leafs nation, You can't stop thinking about the Maple Leafs just take the next step. It's a lot of fun watching a team you actually care about.

I could not believe I was hearing Sens fans take refuge in the fact they (the senaTORS ) didn't lose to the Maple Leafs last year. Who cares!! Leafs fans don't care who they lose to. Losing to Detroit is just as crappy as losing to the Sens or the panthers or the Ducks. Sens fans need to drop the Small City Syndrome and get with their team and stop worrying about what the Leafs are or are not doing. Just worry about you're own team.
    Well, we Senators' fans haven't had as much experience losing, so you'll have to pardon our lack of practice and the growing pains that come along with it.

As for your incontinent diatribe on how much better/more passionate Leafs fans are, you should really check the TSN chatboards. Seems every trade the Senators make is replied to 100 times over by Leafs fans before a single Ottawa fan chimes in with his opinion. Seems a bit stupid to me. Leafs fans are ALWAYS the first to complain, ALWAYS the first to cry foul, and ALWAYS the first to blame everyone but the team they so profess to love.

Gimme a break. If you were really in Leafs' Nation, you'd be farther away from me.

Dan

Well, we Senators' fans haven't had as much experience losing, so you'll have to pardon our lack of practice and the growing pains that come along with it.

As for your incontinent diatribe on how much better/more passionate Leafs fans are, you should really check the TSN chatboards. Seems every trade the Senators make is replied to 100 times over by Leafs fans before a single Ottawa fan chimes in with his opinion. Seems a bit stupid to me. Leafs fans are ALWAYS the first to complain, ALWAYS the first to cry foul, and ALWAYS the first to blame everyone but the team they so profess to love.

Gimme a break. If you were really in Leafs' Nation, you'd be farther away from me.

Dan
    I'm 100% behind you there Dan. TSN's "Your Call" boards are flooded with Sens haters (mostly pro Leafs). They are the ones who whine and complain about how the game is not fair to their Leafs.

I, for one, don't like Pat Quinn. After all, he states publicaly that he doesn't like our coach, and he still thinks Alfie should be suspended for life!? He triggers the Toronto media and fans to not blame him because their team sucks. He's the worst Leaf fan of them all!!

At least we don't lash back at him or the Leafs fans for that matter. We simply call it a RIVALRY!!

I'm 100% behind you there Dan. TSN's "Your Call" boards are flooded with Sens haters (mostly pro Leafs). They are the ones who whine and complain about how the game is not fair to their Leafs.

I, for one, don't like Pat Quinn. After all, he states publicaly that he doesn't like our coach, and he still thinks Alfie should be suspended for life!? He triggers the Toronto media and fans to not blame him because their team sucks. He's the worst Leaf fan of them all!!

At least we don't lash back at him or the Leafs fans for that matter. We simply call it a RIVALRY!!
    My bottom line is that I talk about the Leafs because I'm making fun of them. I can't believe they accomplished the impossible at the trade deadline and actually GOT OLDER!!!!

Ridiculously poor management, bad drafting, bad trading. Only reason they haven't been folded up yet is because they are backed by the Ontario Teacher's Pension Fund, the richest organization in the world other than the Catholic Church. :shake

I'm looking forward to this season's excuses from Mr. Quinn myself. I don't really blame him for his lack of sportsmanship. I don't honestly believe that he can see the game with those bags of fat around his eyes.....

Dan

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Geez Typical Sens fan, Always worried about the Leafs.
    Notice Leaf fans never say a thing about the sens.

Leafs fans don't care who they lose to. Losing to Detroit is just as crappy as losing to the Sens or the panthers or the Ducks.

Okay, read your first line again, and then read the second line again.
    Do you see the hypocrisy here?

I am glad that you pointed out leaf fans are just as happy to lose to Detroit as they are to the Sens, etc. I can understand this attitude, as it must make the season much more bearable for leaf fans.

Sens fans don't enjoy losing to any team.

Quote Originally Posted by mr shank
    Okay, read your first line again, and then read the second line again.
    Do you see the hypocrisy here?

I am glad that you pointed out leaf fans are just as happy to lose to Detroit as they are to the Sens, etc. I can understand this attitude, as it must make the season much more bearable for leaf fans.

Sens fans don't enjoy losing to any team.
    BOOM!!!!! Another nail beheaded!

Dan

I meant that we (the team) don't do that. Sports Illustrated can cover that one! Oops! They already did when they named Leafs fans the worst fans in sport!

Andru
    I meant that we (the team) don't do that. Sports Illustrated can cover that one! Oops! They already did when they named Leafs fans the worst fans in sport!
    My point about losing to teams, Is that The MAJORITY of leafs fans really don't care about the Sens. The Sens are another team in the way of the stanley cup. On the flip side. The "Sens Fans" would be happy if they beat the Leafs in the first round and lose 4-0 in the second round. That's just how it is.

But Since we're on the topic of losing. Why don't we talk about almost losing your team for the SECOND time. How about all those Lost pay cheques. Good on the players on the team not to revolt.

The worst fans in Hockey? Is that a joke? The worst fans in Hockey are right in this city. Let's see The only game in town. a first place team. This freaking building should be sold out every night. Sadly, it's not. I've been to more games (6) Than almost all of the "Sens Fans" I know. Whining. How about the Whining for the cost of beer. Whining about the ticket prices blah blah blah blah blah.

Edited :Sorry had a bad day didn't mean that stuff but it was true. Hopefully no one read it.
    Last edited by Andru; 03-26-2004 at 06:52 PM.

Here's a song that will hopefully make everyone happy!

http://216.58.83.117/chez/audio/sweetsenators.mp3

Ty Webb
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Webb
    I am a Sens fan but, let's face it, they stink right now. What in your opinion is wrong with them.

I think Lalime's confidence (along with his teammates) is gone. Put Prusek in.

Ty
    After watching the Toronto game and the Tampa game, I am convinced that they should stick with Prusek.

Big_duck
    After watching the Toronto game and the Tampa game, I am convinced that they should stick with Prusek.

Dunno about that, comparing Lalime vs Montreal, against Prusiuk vs TO/Tampa, I saw nothing to indicate that the Tampa result would be any different.

Prusiuk made a couple of early puck handling gaffes against Tampa, and he was just lucky, they didn't end up in the net (both resulted in shots that missed the net), and he was out of position on one shot that went wide off of Phillips.

I would rate both Goalies about even, with Lalime having the Playoff experience and Prusiuk having the puck luck.

Big_duck

Dan

Leafs Fan: We beat you in the playoffs three years in a row.

Sens Fan: And then?

Leafs Fan: no and then.

Leafs Fan: no and then!

Leafs Fan: no and then!!!!

Leafs Fan: errr ... Go Leafs Go

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Face it Sens fans, we're everywhere. (No matter what city council tries to do.)
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Leafs Fan: We beat you in the playoffs three years in a row.

Leafs Fan: no and then.

Leafs Fan: no and then!

Leafs Fan: no and then!!!!

Leafs Fan: errr ... Go Leafs Go
    Gee, I guess that proves your point about how you Leafs fans don't care about what Ottawa is up to.

I suppose you forget that you didn't make it as far as Ottawa last season. I guess you all must be revelling in the last thing you accomplished that was even remotely note-worthy (beating Ottawa in the playoffs 3 times). Must be hard to find anything to be happy about in Leaf Nation these days...

Dan

Big_duck
    Gee, I guess that proves your point about how you Leafs fans don't care about what Ottawa is up to.

I suppose you forget that you didn't make it as far as Ottawa last season. I guess you all must be revelling in the last thing you accomplished that was even remotely note-worthy (beating Ottawa in the playoffs 3 times). Must be hard to find anything to be happy about in Leaf Nation these days...

Dan
    The whole point of the post was to illustrate how Leaf fans obssess about it not Sens fans, ie we may have not one a cup in 37 years but at least we beat you three years in a row. You know as well as I do that if the Sens won game 7 last year then beat Anahiem the knuckle dragging leaf fans would still be whining that it wasn't a real victory because we didn't beat the leafs, but we wouldn't care because we had the cup.

Just for the record, my original post on euros was actually in support of your euro stance, not against it ... guess I was to subtle. Maybe you should stop smokin' leaf and just cheer for them.

Gonna be a great year for playoffs in the East, with lots for Leafs, Sens and Hab fans to cheer for.

The whole point of the post was to illustrate how Leaf fans obssess about it not Sens fans, ie we may have not one a cup in 37 years but at least we beat you three years in a row. You know as well as I do that if the Sens won game 7 last year then beat Anahiem the knuckle dragging leaf fans would still be whining that it wasn't a real victory because we didn't beat the leafs, but we wouldn't care because we had the cup.

Just for the record, my original post on euros was actually in support of your euro stance, not against it ... guess I was to subtle. Maybe you should stop smokin' leaf and just cheer for them.

Gonna be a great year for playoffs in the East, with lots for Leafs, Sens and Hab fans to cheer for.
    Would rather smoke Leaf than ever be caught cheering for them (in fact, I won't pick them on Pro-Line because I don't want to be in a position where I want them to win).

I understood your point about Euros. Personally, I can't see an NHL without them. They are the most fun to watch (Havlat last night was outstanding).

Dan

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare
    I really attempted to stay out of this thread but I couldn't...Fighting was not the predominant theme of that evening.
    I also was staying out, until I saw your thread mpare. Well said. I miss the old style of hockey.

so it begins...

Leafs vs Sens in the first round.... To tell you the truth, I'm just as worried as the next Sens fan but I feel that we will actually take this one.... any thoughts?

Leafs vs Sens in the first round.... To tell you the truth, I'm just as worried as the next Sens fan but I feel that we will actually take this one.... any thoughts?
    Well, I'm going to paraphrase what my series preview article says (licensing rights).

I think the Ottawa Senators have a great chance to kill two birds with one stone here. Firstly, I think they'll take the Leafs out in 6 games, thus ridding themselves of the monkey on their backs. Secondly, this type of series is exactly what Ottawa needs to get geared up for the run to the Cup.

I know most people would disagree with me about Ottawa taking home Lord Stanley's Mug, but I truly believe that they've been saving themselves for the playoffs. Patrick Lalime is a very strong playoff goalie, although sometimes inconsistent. Our defence is second to none, and the team can score goals at will.

Leafs will show their age in this series, and Belfour's back remains a big question mark.

Go Sens!

Dan

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    As much as i want the sens to win, i wouldn't put my money on it. Lalime is great when he's on, but extremely inconsistent, whereas belfour is one of the most solid, consistent goalies out there, and is a proven playoff performer. Sens fans keep saying that the leafs are too old to be successful, but experience is key to success in the playoffs. Leetch, Niewendyk, Belfour, Roberts, all these guys know what it takes to win in the playoffs. We definitely have the Leafs beat defensively, but Lalime HAS to play well.
    When it comes to the mental side of the game, we're already losing. The playoffs haven't started and Bondra is already complaining, saying that Domi was headhunting; The hit was clean, Bondra just wasn't ready for it, and you can't start complaining about that kind of stuff.
    That being said, I say we should start Simpson, DeVries, Neil, Fischer, and Ray - come out hitting, and show the leafs we won't be messed with. A few big hits to start the series off with a bang might be just what the doctor ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    When it comes to the mental side of the game, we're already losing. The playoffs haven't started and Bondra is already complaining, saying that Domi was headhunting; The hit was clean, Bondra just wasn't ready for it, and you can't start complaining about that kind of stuff.
    That being said, I say we should start Simpson, DeVries, Neil, Fischer, and Ray - come out hitting, and show the leafs we won't be messed with. A few big hits to start the series off with a bang might be just what the doctor ordered.
    Man, the replay clearly shows Domi getting his elbow into Bondra's head. To argue otherwise is silly. Now, I don't like that Bondra said something about it, but I think the media is entitled to say it, as are the fans.

I agree with starting Simpson, DeVries, Neil and Fisher, but leave Ray on the shelf for this one. Who would you take out of the lineup to fit him in? DeVries might be a good call for a healthy scratch. He's looked horribly out of place in his own end, almost as bad as Redden.

I don't think this series will be as physical as people expect.

Dan

Ty Webb
    Ottawa in 7. It will be nice to see Sundin whine some more.

Ty

Ty Webb
    Ottawa in 7. It will be nice to see Sundin whine some more.

Ty
    I may have to swallow my pride if Ottawa loses but...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

nice...

but isn't that Owen Nolan? Corson plays for Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    While Nolan doesn't play at all.......

I'm sure Smolinski is now known as a cheap shot artist for Nolan injuring himself with an attempted check! :shake

Dan

Ty Webb
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    You are correct Jeff. He does play with Dallas. Bubbles is better looking too.

Congrats on the kid by the way!

Thread Information