CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Chief---but does not the reasoning by the pro make more sense ? If your going to learn to do something---should you not be learning how to do it right --- first ?
    I honestly believe one does not go without the other. Sure if you're a 20 fitted clubs might help you knock off a few points. But from 14 on down you got to put in the work that clubs won't accomplish for you.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

More food for thought:
    http://www.clubmate-golf.com.au/News.../nov-dec.htm#1

Firstly, scoring is not just a function of ball-striking (if it were, then course management would count for nought).
    Secondly, as far as I can determine, the degree of improvement in ball-striking or scoring is directly related to how far adrift a golfer’s original clubs are from his/her ideal MOI setting. That’s no different to spine alignment - there will be little noticeable benefit from aligning (or realigning) any shaft that is close to spine-free, as opposed to a shaft with a severe spine ...
    Thirdly, I’m pretty much convinced that Dave Pelz, the famous short game teacher, is right to suggest that most golfers have 80% of their problems in scoring from shots inside 80 yards (he seems to have a lot of data to back up that assertion) and that the key to lower scores for these golfers is to improve that area of their game, together with their putting, in most cases.
    Of course, if a golfer really is wild off the tee and on longer fairway and approach shots, more consistency with the driver, fairway woods, hybrids and the middle irons will definitely help their scores, but if your short game and, in particular, your putting are crap, you’re still going to struggle to make SERIOUS inroads into your handicap.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Without going through all that has been said---I have to agree wholeheartedly that you are right about the 80 yard in thought---I know in my case that's true. This is where the "brain farts" raise their heads. I can count the number after a round and believe me it would make a huge difference in my score.

SO----from 80 in your only using 2 ???? different clubs---how would getting fitted and buying new clubs fix that problem ?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    SO----from 80 in your only using 2 ???? different clubs---how would getting fitted and buying new clubs fix that problem ?
    I don't see where Will said he was doing that.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    I don't see where Will said he was doing that.
    Sorry --I was replying to Chief's third point in previous post
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Funny guy you big mac

He also wrote:

Of course, if a golfer really is wild off the tee and on longer fairway and approach shots, more consistency with the driver, fairway woods, hybrids and the middle irons will definitely help their scores,
    Mahatma Gandhi

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I appreciate the info guys , plenty of food for thought . I've got my eye on a few different sets of irons ,and i believe christmas may come early this year
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thread Information