CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy PowerFade is on a distinguished road PowerFade's Avatar

Great Tool for Heating Heads--The Clubhoroto!

Hi, everyone. Not too long ago I made a Clubhoroto according to the design of Rick Isaacs. Simply put, it's a device that holds and spins the club (easy to disassemble and use on your BBQ!) and holds the heat gun a certain distance from the hosel. This way you are virtually assured of not overheating the shaft (breaking down the epoxy that holds the shaft together) and scortching the paint. I highly recommend it.

Calibrate the heatgun by holding it a certain distance from a candy thermometer (2" for mine and 3" for Rick's) and let it heat up for 5 min. If it's in the 260-290*F range you are good to go. 300*F or above and it's too hot for graphite shafts. 10-15 minutes usually works just fine. Rick has had old clubs on for over 30 min without any damage to the heads. Take it out and slap it in your puller, and, presto!

The pictures were sent to me by Rick and speak for themselves. My version is rougher looking because I used scraps from around my workshop (Rick's "scraps" are A1!).

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Heat Gun

Powerfade. Would you know the following. How much heat is generated by a heat gun? Propane torch? Butane?
    Thanks.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Caddy PowerFade is on a distinguished road PowerFade's Avatar
    My Mastercraft heatgun from CanTire puts out 710*F on low and 920*F on high. I use the low setting. Each heatgun is different, so make sure you check the manual, and use a candy thermometer just to be sure (mine seems cooler than the temp the manual states).

The Butane torch is a little more and certainly more concentrated, so when using it, you must always be moving it around. It is much safer than Propane. Really, propane should not be used--too hot with not enough control. I don't know the exact temp of Butane and Propane.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Cantin
    Powerfade. Would you know the following. How much heat is generated by a heat gun? Propane torch? Butane?
    Thanks.

Thread Information