CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter CRM8 is on a distinguished road

Collectible Set? Golfcraft: Lloyd Mangrum - Glasshaft - Micro Balanced

I've got this set of clubs from numbers 3 to 9. I can't find anything on the internet about them, can anyone help me out on some information?

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I would assume that if they were worth anything/collectable that you probably would find something about them on the net. Just a thought!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I will try and find the post I had on this about 2 years ago. I have 3 'Hand made at Old St. Andrews Golf Club' woods and I was able to get an estimate of the value by sending the company some pics of them. I will try and post the link if I can find it. (but trust me, they will try and buy them from you if they are collectors items. I said no to the sale cause it made me wonder if they had provided me with the true value or just what they wanted to pay for them (although I did like the offer of $750 for them)
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Putter JDeMartino is on a distinguished road

A little information for you about those clubs

My Grandfather and Great Uncle owned that company, they were located in Escondido, CA after moving from Chicago, IL, and he sold the company in the 1970's to Titleist. The Glass Shaft golf clubs were the first golf clubs made with materials other than wood or metal. My grandfather, Edward Redmond, patented the Glass Shaft Golf Club, he was the first person to put fiberglass into both golf clubs and fishing rods. I have no idea whether they are valuable of not, good luck with that.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeMartino View Post
    My Grandfather and Great Uncle owned that company, they were located in Escondido, CA after moving from Chicago, IL, and he sold the company in the 1970's to Titleist. The Glass Shaft golf clubs were the first golf clubs made with materials other than wood or metal. My grandfather, Edward Redmond, patented the Glass Shaft Golf Club, he was the first person to put fiberglass into both golf clubs and fishing rods. I have no idea whether they are valuable of not, good luck with that.
    Regardless of whether they are valuable or not, it is pretty cool that you took the time to sign up to OttawaGolf to provide us that information. Thanks very much.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    Regardless of whether they are valuable or not, it is pretty cool that you took the time to sign up to OttawaGolf to provide us that information. Thanks very much.
    Well said! Ditto for me!

Welcome aboard JDeMartino.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Putter diggerdick is on a distinguished road
    Changping Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, PRC
    My father was a vice president of James Heddon's Sons fishing Tackle company in Dowagiac Michigan. Heddon's used to make the glass shafts for Golfcraft company. Both the pure glass shafts and the glass over steel shafts. I had the pleasure of visiting Golfcraft, in Escondido ,in the early 1960's. I used to have a set of Lloyd Mangrum, glass over steel, shafted clubs. I still have the three wood. I also have an almost complete set of Golfcraft steel shafted clubs, made in the early 1960's. I still use these clubs. I am six feet nine inches tall and while being fitted for my clubs in the Golfcraft factory, it was recommended that the pure glass shafted clubs would not be stiff enough to suit my swing. My clubs have a D-2 swing weight and extra stiff shafts. They are a matching set and the driver has a 45 3/4" length shaft. The Golfcraft people thought I probably needed longer shafted clubs, but for my game, at that stage of my life, they thought longer shafts would be too difficult to control. I use an Odie Crisman mallet headed putter, built in 1935, with an extended paddle handle grip which measures 40 1/2". My clubs are quite valuable! Because of my height, it would be VERY expensive to get a new set of clubs.

Thread Information