100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pace of play

8 Iron haligolfer is on a distinguished road

pace of play

this is a question/commentary. I've had a few painfully slow rounds lately, including today where it took 2:45 for 9 at Champlain. We were keeping up to the group ahead of us, and they were as well. Not sure how far ahead the jam was. I walked off after 9 due to frustration. It seems that some courses have effective marshalls that monitor pace of play (stonebridge, outaouais), and other course have marshalls just that cruise around in carts and chat to the regulars. So, is it appropriate or useful to complain about this? If so, would you talk to the pro shop staff? What about asking for a rain check after 9 slow holes? Comments appreciated.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Definitely talk to the proshop staff.

Sometimes there are reasons for slow play that the course can't control (weather as an example) but if they aren't marshalling the course properly then they should be told.

I'll give most courses the benefit of the doubt once or twice, but if it's consistently slow, guess where I won't be playing.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    it is very frustrating when you have rounds like this. seems to be happening alot more in the city lately!

I had the opposite at Lombard Glen today. went out with a member and played the front in 50 min or so and the the back just over an hour. would catch a group and always they would let us go! just depends on who you have in front of you I guess. just over 2 hours to play 18, plus I shot a 74 and he was 77! so that helps to speed things up.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Great pace of play and super round. The big stick must be treating you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    it is very frustrating when you have rounds like this. seems to be happening alot more in the city lately!

I had the opposite at Lombard Glen today. went out with a member and played the front in 50 min or so and the the back just over an hour. would catch a group and always they would let us go! just depends on who you have in front of you I guess. just over 2 hours to play 18, plus I shot a 74 and he was 77! so that helps to speed things up.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    thanks Mike....well I would not really know about the big stick as I hit it twice yesterday....my short game has been on fire! Seem to make everything lately! (knock on wood!)

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Great pace of play and super round. The big stick must be treating you well.

Thread Information