100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge pwr_fade is on a distinguished road

Vector Launch Monitor

Well there is finally a Launch Monitor in Montreal. I booked my session for next Sat.
    It is at the Golf Dome near St-Charles. The number to call for info and bookings is
    514-694-0614.

Pitching Wedge bryanf is on a distinguished road bryanf's Avatar

Please explain what this is and why it is worth doing?

I am very interested in this but would like to get more details about the equipment, costs and benefits.

THANKS!!!

3 Wood MitchDoc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanf
    I am very interested in this but would like to get more details about the equipment, costs and benefits.

THANKS!!!
    love to hear details of it. I know the guys well and know th emachine just came in. Am curious o how iusing it might change your club/ball/shaft choice

the Machine they have is Vector Launch System and the cost is 49.95 per session. I will post more once I go for my session.

http://www.tourtechgolf.com/Accusport.html

What value do you really get?

I live near the Dome and had a chance to talk to the pro shop who own and run it but was not able to get many details about the real effectiveness of this tool. They maintain that it is the best way to find out about the right club and ball. Is this really any different than the simulator that was being used for the long drive contest at the golf Show and is available to buy from Straight Ball? I would be very interested in comments about whether the value is worth the expense ($50).

My experince with the Launch monitor

Hi all

Got tested at the Golf Dome.

Got there a bit early to warm up and hit some balls. I was asked to bring my driver to see if my driver was the correct one for me and or find another to improve the drive distance.

They started off with me hitting 10 balls with my own driver. Then they looked at the results of thse 10 swings.

Next they had me try another driver. Hit another 10 balls or so.

They keep me hitting balls until they find the right combo of Driver loft , shaft and ball produces the ideal ball spin rate and the maxium distance.

I been looking and waiting for a launch monitor for about a year now. Since I been in the market to purchase a new driver. But hitting balls at places like Golf Town which has a simulator and testing different drivers, I never got the same results from one day to another. I even had one of the guys reset the simulator once cause there was no way I was hitting the ball 270 yards. (wish I could) the results changed I was human after all...lol

The launch monitor gave me a better understanding of my ball spin rate. and a more accurate ideal which driver, shaft and ball is right for me to get maxium distance off the tee.

Over all the it was a good experenice. I now know which driver and shaft I will be buying. With this test out of the way i don't have to wonder or about if there is another or a better Driver /Shaft out there for me. I could just work on my swing and enjoy golf.

I would recommend this test for anyone looking to purchase a new driver. If you perfer to play a golf ball other then titlest bring a new one with you for the test. You just need one new ball for the test. I asked them if I purchase the Driver from them would there be a discount for taking the testing with them. Stephane at the pro shop told me he knock off 25$. Not bad I guess. I was also at Chuck Browns near St-Jeans, about a month ago. They too are getting a launch monitor. The manger there told me that the testing would cost 50$ but if you purchase the driver from them they would throw the cost of the testing in. Plus they would let you try the driver out on the course. I'm not sure if they have the machine yet. Should be here by the end of the March.

Hope this helps guys, enjoy!

Lob Wedge cal kufta is on a distinguished road

how does it help

how does it let you know which brand of driver. I can understand some of the technical stuff like shaft and loft and squareness, but how does it tell you which brand of driver is best for you. What were your results?
    Thanks
    Cal

[QUOTE=pwr_fade]Hi all

please go into detail regarding your current setup launch ballspeed spin.....
    what you tested and what clubs/ball/shaft combos did as a result
    I am always at the dome will take the plunge but am curious to see what your results were and how different clubd impacted your numbers

Quote Originally Posted by cal kufta
    how does it let you know which brand of driver. I can understand some of the technical stuff like shaft and loft and squareness, but how does it tell you which brand of driver is best for you. What were your results?
    Thanks
    Cal

it doesn't tell you which brand of driver and type of shaft

Example you hit a Titlest 983k driver with R- flex driver and Titlest NXT ball
    you hit about 10 balls they get an average. Then you hit a different type of Driver or the same driver with a different ball. Based on what the Pro thinks is need to get the spin rate close to the ideal range.

[QUOTE=MitchDoc]
    Quote Originally Posted by pwr_fade
    Hi all

please go into detail regarding your current setup launch ballspeed spin.....
    what you tested and what clubs/ball/shaft combos did as a result
    I am always at the dome will take the plunge but am curious to see what your results were and how different clubd impacted your numbers

Sorry I'm not able to go into details of the numbers cause i never got a print out of the testing. They don't have their own laptop yet and they are still pretty new at it so they were not sure how to save result etc.

They told me once they get completely setup with their laptop. They will have me come back and do the test once again and give me the results on paper of file

Early Days with the Vector?

Looks like it is early days with the old Vector Launch Monitor! Is there really any difference between this and the testing for custom clubs? At this point I would not pay for this type of testing especially if I could not get more analysis of the results and how they can be applied to making an appropriate club selection. What if the best ball/club combination was one that you really didn't like the look or feel? They don't have anything except name brand equipment so that eliminate any custom clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanf
    Looks like it is early days with the old Vector Launch Monitor! Is there really any difference between this and the testing for custom clubs? At this point I would not pay for this type of testing especially if I could not get more analysis of the results and how they can be applied to making an appropriate club selection. What if the best ball/club combination was one that you really didn't like the look or feel? They don't have anything except name brand equipment so that eliminate any custom clubs.
    true but if you have a custom built club you canhave it tested by bringing it there. YOu can see how far it is in terms of launch and spin (I figure ball speed shouldnt be too different) and get projections as to how far your drives would be if you launched higher or lower and with less or more spin. So you could in fact use this info to decide to go up or down in loft, change your ball selection or consider a shft with different laucnh properties

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

alternative

As far as I am concerned you would get similar results with the following from wishon golf. The only setback you need a hitting net and corn starch.
    http://www.wishongolf.com/designs/accessories/laf.html
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information