100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

Executive golf Championships

Just wondering if anyone is playing in the Executive golf Championship this weekend, and wondering people are thinking of car pooling to Upper Canada on Saturday and to Arnprior on the next Saturday.
    Bite, Bite!

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar
    I am. I am playing in the senior division and my goal is not to come in last. First real tournament so looking forward to seeing how I do. Hope its not raining cats and dogs.

Russ

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Hey Russ, I am in the Senior division as well, looks like some rain Saturday but Sunday looks like it might be better. Tournaments can be stressfull even if they are just for fun. I remember when I first started playing in the NCGT tourneys and had to finish out every hole I got kinda nervous on some of those shorter putts that your buddy would have given you.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar
    Well I would like to say it was fun, bu it was very frustrating for the first time playing competitively.
    I have been pushing my driver and woods to the right for the last month or so and it was just brutal when the nervousness of the competition was added. The worse thing is that I do not know what is causing it, I think I work it out on the driving range but when I get on the course it comes back.

Its all good though, I played with some good guys, I putted pretty well and when I focused, my sand shots were good.
    My lesson learned is to prepare better and make sure I have solved any outstanding issues, and take a cart if its available, 2 days of walking in the wet was just a bit too much.
    I hope the weather is better for Arnprior.

Good luck on the final day!

Rusty

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Hey Russ, you will correct the push I am sure. Good luck next week too.
    Luc
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information