CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes, I am sure the Pros who use PING products are line with that answer. Maybe they should hang on to the clubs for a couple more days to ensure they dont spring back!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    This spring-back effect is what Murray at NB's communicated to me... Pings bent without the 'Ping Hammer' do, gradually, spring back. Murray made a lie adjustment for me on my G10s a few weeks ago that has really turned things around for me, but at the same time Murray recommended we send the irons back to Ping for proper adjustment with the 'Hammer' in Oakville during the winter months.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I think at this point they should use the hammer to knock some business sense into themselves!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    One of the guys doing the loft/lie measuring said that Ping use a hammer of sorts to adjust the L&L. He said when bending them in a traditional bending machine they will not bend but just spring back to their original L/L.

Is anyone familiar with how Ping bend their irons?
    They definitely use a hammer. I had a buddy who worked for Ping in the US doing exactly that. It was not because they would spring back though, but because they were just so darn hard to bend.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Take a look at the Ping factory tour video:
    http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?t...nnel=335994212
    They give them 2 smacks with a mallet. The smacks are not that violent imho and probably do not accomplish much.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Just for fun. I just bent a ping I3 Os 2 degrees up. I'll hold on to it for 2 weeks and see if it went back to its original lie. For the record here is the maximum ping irons can be bent:
    http://www.pinggolf.com/about/clubrepair.aspx
    Maximum Lie Angle Adjustability

ModelAdjustability

KARSTEN I-IVnone
    EYEnone
    EYE2 (no dot in cavity toe)none
    EYE2 (Copper)none
    EYE2 (with dot in cavity toe)
    EYE2+ (built before 1990)none
    EYE2+ (built on or after 1990)
    ZING (steel)none
    ZING2 (Steel)
    ZING/ZING2 (Copper)
    ISI-S/ISI-K (Steel)
    ISI/ISI-N (Copper/Nickel)none
    i3 Series
    i3+ Series
    G2 Series
    S59/S59 Tour
    PING/Tour Wedges
    Black Nickel Tour Wedges
    Rapture
    G5

Mahatma Gandhi

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Take a look at the Ping factory tour video:
    http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?t...nnel=335994212
    They give them 2 smacks with a mallet. The smacks are not that violent imho and probably do not accomplish much.
    Thanks Andre. That was great.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Well I finally heard from the Ping rep. He seemed concerned and wanted to hear my side. When I told him that I had sent the clubs in with my specs he questioned them and wanted to know why I used those specs. My lie specs go up .5* increments from 3iron to PW were Ping has .75* increments. I told him because that's what works best for me. He also questioned the Mitchell L/L machine at Golf Town implying that the Ping digital was the one that was correct. Anyway he said he will be in touch with Ping Canada and make sure that the priority is getting my clubs back to me..... gee where did I hear that before. He will be calling me Monday or latest Tuesday.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

BG458
    They basically clamp it down and stike the head once with a rubber mallet, they call it knocking the memory out of the club. Not doing the ping club have a tendence to what to go back to their original state.

sorry answer was too late

One of the guys doing the loft/lie measuring said that Ping use a hammer of sorts to adjust the L&L. He said when bending them in a traditional bending machine they will not bend but just spring back to their original L/L.

Is anyone familiar with how Ping bend their irons?

9 Iron N.V.M. is on a distinguished road
    comes in handy when i chuck my irons when they miss!

So I received my clubs Monday Oct 6. They were out of my hands since Aug. 28, nearly 6 weeks. So once I received my irons the Ping Rep Martin Boucher emails me and tells me how great the Oakville Factory is and that the equipment they use is so accurate and closes with "Great Golfing". What?? That's it?? I reply back and thank him for getting invovled (finally) and remind him that I was without these irons for nearly 6 weeks and wondered if Ping was going to compensate me for screwing up. I was honest with him and did tell with that the Ping product was great but the customer service was the worst I ever had to deal with. Well it's been over a week now and he has never replied back. What an . Should I be mailing Ping Canada?

Ping

Chris, I would find out who is boss is and email the rep again and copy his boss. Explain it has been over 1 week since your last request and see where it goes. If it goes nowhere then I guess its up to you how far you want to take it up the ladder. I would climb up till I received satisfaction always being polite of course. It seems many companies wait till you loose patience to justify them doing nothing.
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    So I received my clubs Monday Oct 6. They were out of my hands since Aug. 28, nearly 6 weeks. So once I received my irons the Ping Rep Martin Boucher emails me and tells me how great the Oakville Factory is and that the equipment they use is so accurate and closes with "Great Golfing". What?? That's it?? I reply back and thank him for getting invovled (finally) and remind him that I was without these irons for nearly 6 weeks and wondered if Ping was going to compensate me for screwing up. I was honest with him and did tell with that the Ping product was great but the customer service was the worst I ever had to deal with. Well it's been over a week now and he has never replied back. What an . Should I be mailing Ping Canada?
    chris...you are being way too nice and patient. I'd be calling or writing a letter to Ping Canada's president....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Oh NO, Its my turn

Well today is the day that I am bringing my PING putter to GT so that they can return it to PING. I was told my their CS to send it back because the coating is flaking off all around the head. The CS rep told me it is likely a warranty issue as they have had this problem with this putter.

I waited till now so that I could use my putter till the end of the HC season. Wish me luck!!
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    chris...you are being way too nice and patient. I'd be calling or writing a letter to Ping Canada's president....
    Anyone know of some heavy weights I can write to?

King Kong Bundy

Send them a link of this thread:

http://pinggolf.com/about/contactus.aspx
    Mahatma Gandhi

Chris, phone the CS line and ask them who your reps boss is and his contact info, they should tell you
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    King Kong Bundy

Send them a link of this thread:

http://pinggolf.com/about/contactus.aspx
    I tried that a few weeks back but Ping never responded. So I don't know if it got weeded out or fell into a black hole. I think they only want to hear good news.

I tried that a few weeks back but Ping never responded. So I don't know if it got weeded out or fell into a black hole. I think they only want to hear good news.

The whhel that squeaks gets the oil. Send them one a day.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Chris, maybe you need to go to PING USA and explain that the canadian distributor is not responding, they may be more helpful
    Lefty Lucas

Well, it is done, I dropped off my gamer this morning at GT. I am very anxious to see what happens now. I will keep track of how long it takes.
    Lefty Lucas

Update: I received a call from Dave Wilson at Ping. He is the GM in Oakville. He is going to fly me down to Oakville and put me through a fitting and give me the factory tour. Take me out for lunch... etc He wants me to get an appreciation for the equipment and buy into why Ping is so highly rated for their fitting.

I wonder if I will be put in a room where I will be forced to watch a screen with a spiral wheel listening to a voices brain washing me on Ping equipment.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'm going to have to complain to the guys at Ferrari.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Hell, I am getting on the phone to complain to the guys a Playboy!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Great news Chris, I am glad that some one is finally doing something. It was looking pretty bleak for a while. If you get there and every one is dressed the same grey suit and sunglasses, tell them that you are going to the bathroom and then run like heck!! Actually I think they will impress you greatly, they just need to improve their customer service. Please tell him to take care of my precious PING DOC 12.5 putter that was sent to them on Friday!.
    Lefty Lucas

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Update: I received a call from Dave Wilson at Ping. He is the GM in Oakville. He is going to fly me down to Oakville and put me through a fitting and give me the factory tour. Take me out for lunch... etc He wants me to get an appreciation for the equipment and buy into why Ping is so highly rated for their fitting.

I wonder if I will be put in a room where I will be forced to watch a screen with a spiral wheel listening to a voices brain washing me on Ping equipment.
    Seriously? So what do you think they would do for me (my Ping problems were documented earlier in this thread)...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Damn, that's quite the hook up! Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

OK, I think this thread has lite a fire under PING, my putter was brought in 10 days ago and my new one is back already and waitnig for me at GT. Is this too good to be true?? I will see wehn I get here, I just hope it is not the same putter with a note "So sorry, this is not covered under warranty" If so another rant will be started, Lord knows we have nothing else to do.
    Lefty Lucas

Well Holy Crap, I have to give props to PING in this instance. I guess the turnaround on warranty is quicker than fitting. They gaev me a brand new putter and head cover. It is beautiful and if this weather clears then I will be using it this weekend. I brought my flaking face DOC 12.5 in to GT the 17th and got the new one today. Thanks PING, you get props wehn you deserve it!!
    Lefty Lucas

Eagle buykrux is on a distinguished road
    well thats nice of them
    maybe i should call them and tell them not only did they send me a RIGHT HANDED driver when im a lefty but they sent my dad the WRONG DEGREE to him, although he seems happy with it
    personally iv never truely liked any ping clubs, i used to have a set of i3s when i learned to golf and hated them, picked up a set of eye2s to see why people still use them, they didnt even make it to the range before they were gone
    and im not happy with my g10 at all, infact i switched to a 4 year old cobra and its 30 yard longer
    alot of the people at our club are furious with pings fitting and many have already sold there stuff and went to titleist cobra and adams
    to each his own i guess

Thread Information