CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    He'd blow dem up real good like
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    I brought in a set of Ping irons to get bent Aug 27th. They took them and shipped them off to Ping Friday Aug 28th. I called two weeks later Sept 11 only to find out that GT shipped them to the wrong location so Ping sent them back to Golf Town. GT then shipped them back to Ping again. GT told me they put priority on it and I should get them Sept 13th or today Sept 15th. I called today to find that Ping has not even started on them. Now I'm waiting probably another 2 more weeks.

ARGH!!
    Maybe I missed this detail, but do you have a set of back-up irons to use? Did GT offer a set of loaners?

IMO this is a clear case of someone botching the order then trying to cover their tracks...at the consumer's expense.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macspesh View Post
    Maybe I missed this detail, but do you have a set of back-up irons to use?
    I think he might have. check his itrader. it just skims the surface.
    Andrew

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macspesh View Post
    Maybe I missed this detail, but do you have a set of back-up irons to use? Did GT offer a set of loaners?
    That actually made me laugh out loud.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Ok so this the lastet.. I got a call from GT and they told me that my irons are still sitting in the Ping warehouse and no one has touched them yet. When they were sent my specs for lie adjustment where also included. Well apparently my specs were too specific and they didn't fall into Pings colour code system. Sooooo they sat there... and sat there... and sat there.. Anyone in the warehouse who'd looked at them more or less blew them off. Now my specs weren't off the charts or close to it, they just didn't match Ping's colour code for blue or green.. etc. But no one at Ping ever thought to call to say so... So I was told that Ping will be getting to them ASAP. GT said due to the inconvenience that I will not incur any shipping charges.
    Last edited by The Saint; 09-20-2008 at 12:31 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

9 Iron N.V.M. is on a distinguished road
    is this free? if not, why send your clubs away for this? no local fitters near you to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
    is this free? if not, why send your clubs away for this? no local fitters near you to do this?
    Yes it's free. Ping will alter lofts/lies but they have to be Ping. They will not do other manufacturers clubs. Plus all warranty's are void if alterations are performed by non-ping technicians.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I can understand that you'd be annoyed. It took me less time to order my new custom made set of from the factory through an American distributor friend and receive them, than you've been waiting. That is just not good business.

Yes it's free. Ping will alter lofts/lies but they have to be Ping. They will not do other manufacturers clubs. Plus all warranty's are void if alterations are performed by non-ping technicians.
    i see. i play with i5's myself, bought a mint second hand set,green dot. you didn't mention what model you have, but the i5's have a notch in the hosel, which is a weak spot designed for a fitter to easily adjust them. my fitter said they're a breeze to adjust. i dropped them off early in the day, picked them up later the same day.

not worth waiting weeks, even though its free IMO. i'd go nuts!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Well after all of this I will hang on to my putter until the season is over before I send it back to PING.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

I forgot to mention, the Ping rep is supposed to call me Monday or Tuesday to discuss the issue.. What does that mean? I already heard from GT as to what happened with my irons.

BG458
    I think you got some free bees coming you way as you have earned them. I would have lose it on them along time ago.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Ok so this the lastet.. I got a call from GT and they told me that my irons are still sitting in the Ping warehouse and no one has touched them yet. When they were sent my specs for lie adjustment where also included. Well apparently my specs were too specific and they didn't fall into Pings colour code system. Sooooo they sat there... and sat there... and sat there.. Anyone in the warehouse who'd looked at them more or less blew them off. Now my specs weren't off the charts or close to it, they just didn't match Ping's colour code for blue or green.. etc. But no one at Ping ever thought to call to say so... So I was told that Ping will be getting to them ASAP. GT said due to the inconvenience that I will not incur any shipping charges.
    Most of this thread is about dissing Golftown, when in fact, it seems that the "problem" is with Ping.

It is indicated that GT sent them to Ping and yet Ping sent them back to GT. ???

The clubs are sitting in the Ping warehouse, and yet GT is eliminating the shipping charges for the inconvenience caused by Ping???

"My specs." Sounds like you sent Ping a list of exactly how much you wanted each club bent, versus asking for them to be bent to one of their standards. Would bending them too much plus or minus what they were when they were manufactured not risk breakage?

You took in to GT, a set of Pings to be bent. Did you buy them new or used from Golftown? If used then perhaps the clubs had already been compromised by the previous owner? If not from GT, why would they act as your broker when you could have easily sent them off yourself?

BC, actually PING informs their clients to bring any problems through an authorised retailer such as GT or Nevadas.
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Ping only deals through their resellers, such as GT. I called Mizuno on a similar note yesterday and they indicated the same thing - I have to go to GT, Nevada Bob's, etc. Calling GT yesterday to try to get some information was like pulling teeth. I asked how much it would cost and how long it would take and they guy said he didn't know and he wasn't really interested in finding out for me.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Most of this thread is about dissing Golftown, when in fact, it seems that the "problem" is with Ping.
    Well it all started out with GT when they screwed up my order. They gave me the round-around and then came clean once I brought it to the manager.
    You are right it is a Ping matter now. Their customer service dropped the ball so to speak.

"My specs." Sounds like you sent Ping a list of exactly how much you wanted each club bent, versus asking for them to be bent to one of their standards. Would bending them too much plus or minus what they were when they were manufactured not risk breakage?
    My "specs" fall within Pings colour codes; however I may get 7 blue and 3 black.

Would bending them too much plus or minus what they were when they were manufactured not risk breakage
    Maybe, but if they do break they are covered by Ping. That's the reason I sent them there.

You took in to GT, a set of Pings to be bent. Did you buy them new or used from Golftown? If used then perhaps the clubs had already been compromised by the previous owner? If not from GT, why would they act as your broker when you could have easily sent them off yourself?
    I think that is covered above.

Well tomorrow is the 4 week mark and still no irons.. no call from Ping either.

They were supposed to be working on them last Friday Sept 19 or the latest Monday the 22nd, and they were shipping them back to GT. From what Ping Customer Service said, it will take one day for shipping.
    Last edited by The Saint; 09-25-2008 at 08:22 PM.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Yikes, I need to send my putter back ot them due to flaking, perhaps I will go through Nevada Bob's instead as PING told me I cannot send it back directly.
    I marvelled at the service I got from Murray and Nevada Bob's for my ancient Ping Eye 2 clubs. Two original titanium shafts snapped at the hosel a couple months apart in 2006 and I brought them to him. He shipped them back to Ping and they sent them back in no time at all. New (but identical) shafts - no charge from Nevada Bob's or Ping. Impressive considering the age of the clubs.

Well they finally arrived, however it feels rather anti-climatic. I've waited 4 weeks and the season is almost done however it's going to rain all weekend and I will most likely not be playing.

I am disappointed though that Ping did not man up and apologize for sitting on this for so long. When I called GT yesterday morning to inquire as why it's taking so long the on-duty-manager ask me if I got a call from Martin the Ping rep. He was to call me at the beginning of the week. I said "no". He expresses some anger and said he was going to call him and tell him to call me right away! I thought great, I get to talk to this guy and he's going to tell me on behalf of Ping that they are sorry for the mix up.
    An hour passes... 3 hours...6 hours..12 hours...a day....

..... A day later and still no call from Martin.

At this point I'm not expecting compensation but for someone from Ping to take responsibility and own up to their screw up, to have the courtesy to call me and simply apologize for making me wait so long,.....zzzzzzzz....ok I'm getting used to this...zzzzzzzzz

Now I'm thinking if I were a Ping executive would I want this guy representing my company?

hmmmmm .....maybe he's away on vacation.

Thumbs up to GT though, once I got the management involved they've been great.

I've never been in this spot before and I'm curious how you would have handled it.
    Comments???

I would call the manager at GT again, maybe he is the one who forgot and ask him for the rep's number directly, at last resort call PING and ask who Martin's boss is and try to get his email and go from there. I realise there has been much frustration but if you able to control your emotions and get your point across without getting upset you will certainly get some sort of satisfaction or maybe they just suck.
    Lefty Lucas

Surprisingly I have been pretty calm through this Luc.. actually more than expected I gather. I'm just disappointed with how it's been handled at the other end. I'm wondering how other's would have handled the same situation.

That's good for you, its easy to let out the frustration and from experience I have gotten alot more out of problems when I have remained calm.
    Lefty Lucas

I have to send my PING putter back to them after the 15th of October as well due to a flaking issue all around the putter. I will be in no hurry to get it but still I seriously hope that I do not encounter the same problems as you have.
    Lefty Lucas

I'm wondering how others would have handled the same situation.
    for me it wouldn't be as bad due to the fact golf is all year round here. still, i would be firing of emails for some sort off compensation, or the very least an apology.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    My Ping customer service experience, along with the one outlined here, along with a few others I have heard about this year, is really turning me off Ping in general... it's amazing the difference good customer service makes when it comes to consumer loyalty. Some companies have it, some don't.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Ignorance is bliss. Having the tools to measure loft/lie is great but what if you don't have them?

Picked up the clubs today which was non eventful and took them home. Curious I thought I'd measure the L/L to see how close Ping came to getting it right. OMG!!!
    I couldn't believe what I was reading. Scratching my head wondering if my machine was off I decided to take them back to GT to get measured. They clamped them into the Mitchell and it read the same as what I measured. phew....at least I know my L/L machine is accurate.

I had 4 staff in the shop confirming my previous readings and they couldn't believe it either. Only 2 clubs were in the ball park and the rest were off as much as 2* in lie. With the 5 and 6 iron there was only 2* loft separating them while between the SW and LW there was 7* difference.
    Oh I'm going to have to send them back to Ping. So here we go again.

Apparently Ping in Oakville use a digital L/L machine, so how can they screw it up?

I will say that the staff at Golf Town were great. If any of you guys are reading this post thanks for your understanding and help today.
    Last edited by The Saint; 09-26-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Brutal, but it doesn't really suprise me. The Oakville facility messed up my reshafting (they 'forgot' the Cushin inserts), and didn't bother changing the loft on a wedge as I had requested. Either they don't care, or are so disorganized that they can't get the job requests straight. I like to the think it's the latter.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Ignorance is bliss. Having the tools to measure loft/lie is great but what if you don't have them?

Picked up the clubs today which was non eventful and took them home. Curious I thought I'd measure the L/L to see how close Ping came to getting it right. OMG!!!
    I couldn't believe what I was reading. Scratching my head wondering if my machine was off I decided to take them back to GT to get measured. They clamped them into the Mitchell and it read the same as what I measured. phew....at least I know my L/L machine is accurate.

I had 4 staff in the shop confirming my previous readings and they couldn't believe it either. Only 2 clubs were in the ball park and the rest were off as much as 2* in lie. With the 5 and 6 iron there was only 2* loft separating them while between the SW and LW there was 7* difference.
    Oh I'm going to have to send them back to Ping. So here we go again.

Apparently Ping in Oakville use a digital L/L machine, so how can they screw it up?

I will say that the staff at Golf Town were great. If any of you guys are reading this post thanks for your understanding and help today.
    Now I'm definitely sensing an apology is order as well as some significant compensation.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Man, maybe I should just sand down my Ping Doc and coat it myself instead of sending it to PING
    Lefty Lucas

One of the guys doing the loft/lie measuring said that Ping use a hammer of sorts to adjust the L&L. He said when bending them in a traditional bending machine they will not bend but just spring back to their original L/L.

Is anyone familiar with how Ping bend their irons?

Thread Information