100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

Angry My rant on Ping and Golf Town Screw Up

I brought in a set of Ping irons to get bent Aug 27th. They took them and shipped them off to Ping Friday Aug 28th. I called two weeks later Sept 11 only to find out that GT shipped them to the wrong location so Ping sent them back to Golf Town. GT then shipped them back to Ping again. GT told me they put priority on it and I should get them Sept 13th or today Sept 15th. I called today to find that Ping has not even started on them. Now I'm waiting probably another 2 more weeks.

ARGH!!
    Last edited by The Saint; 09-25-2008 at 11:18 AM. Reason: added Ping to the mix
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    May I ask why you went through GT to get to Ping instead of going direct?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Don't you have a bending machine Chris?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

I don't know.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    I don't know.
    I just thought there was some financial/customs advantage by having GT send them out instead of you. Either way, I would be asking for some type of compensation (gift card, balls, discount, etc.) for the aggravation. People are human, and mistakes happen, but to compound it by giving you some BS delivery date after they got it figured out is unacceptable. They should compensate you for that.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Don't you have a bending machine Chris?
    I'm hesitant to bend something that has a history of snapping... unless things have changed with Ping my understanding was that they had to bend them.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    For warranty purposes, if you ever plan on using Ping's warranty service, all work HAS to be done by them. I enquired about an item, current line, and they made it very clear that if I got someone else to do the work and something happened to the club they wouldn't even look at it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    For warranty purposes, if you ever plan on using Ping's warranty service, all work HAS to be done by them. I enquired about an item, current line, and they made it very clear that if I got someone else to do the work and something happened to the club they wouldn't even look at it.

I understand. I bent some pings this summer and they were very easy to bend but they were old and the customer gave me clearance. Even though 2 degrees up or down or what have you they may still require some final tweaking. Nuff said.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Unhappy

It's been three weeks today and now they can't find my work order. I called GT yesterday and the person who answered said he'd look into it personally and call me back....no call or msg left
    I called again today and got a different guy and he said that he can't find any paper work on it.

This is getting too crazy....So I called Ping myself and they said that they can't do anything because it went through GT and GT are the only one's authorized to call in to inquire as it went through their account.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    chris..I would call and ask to speak to the manager. this is ridiculous....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I had my own issues this summer with GT and Ping getting wires crossed. My clubs were sent back to Ping via GT at my request to be reshafted. Was told it would take one week, ended up being close to three. When they came back they're weren't any Cushin inserts as there were in the original shafts. Also, an additional wedge wasn't added to the set as requested, and some loft customization wasn't performed on another wedge.

Bottom line, based on the length of time it takes Ping to service clubs, and the mistakes they made with the changes, I'll never be sending my clubs back to Ping again. The benefit of preserving your warranty does not compensate for their lack of attention to detail and general lack of customer care.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    chris..I would call and ask to speak to the manager. this is ridiculous....
    I took your advice Jeff. Thanks..

They are looking into it. Why do I get this feeling I'm going to be getting bad news?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yikes, I need to send my putter back ot them due to flaking, perhaps I will go through Nevada Bob's instead as PING told me I cannot send it back directly.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Par CBrown is on a distinguished road
    Wow. That's frightening. Just out of curiosity, was this the Kanata location or the Eastend location? My personal experience with the Kanata ProShop hasn't been great since Jamie disappeared a while back. Good Luck!!!

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Yikes, I need to send my putter back ot them due to flaking, perhaps I will go through Nevada Bob's instead as PING told me I cannot send it back directly.
    Big fan of Nevada Bobs...

I was talking to a guy there about club fitting my G10s and shipping back to Ping. I was surprised to hear that the only cost involved is the shipping. No fitting charge at all, even though I didn't buy the clubs there. Does GT charge for fitting? Since I didn't end up going that route this season, I can't comment on the turn around time.

As a side note... what they did do for me was send a request to Ogio for a replacement bag cover for my Edge bag, that I didn't even buy from them. They called me in a week saying that one had been delivered, free of charge.

Solid service from what I can tell.

Good luck!

My bad experience was more Ping related than GT related. LeftLucas is right though, Ping will only deal with retailers - when I called Ping customer service directly they wouldn't give me the status on my own clubs - they insisted that they had to communicate to me via the retailer. I'm sure there is some sort of logistical reason for this, but c'mon. Brutal.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

I just received a call from GT east. The latest news is that Ping is back-logged with alterations and to expect a delay. ( why did Ping tell GT they would put a priority on it then?)

Normal turn around is 7-10 days however Ping is really busy.. Be patient.............They will call .....zzzz......zzzz....zzzz...when they arrive...zzzz

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes, they are busy, every one knows that September is the busiest golf month?????????????????
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Does thatmean they found the club and the work order or are they just passing the buck andmaking excuses while they look? Sorry.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

...Good question.. Come to think about it they never mentioned anything about finding the work order.

Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    Does thatmean they found the club and the work order or are they just passing the buck andmaking excuses while they look? Sorry.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Oops sorry.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    ...Good question.. Come to think about it they never mentioned anything about finding the work order.

Methinks you are just being stalled
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

To GT's credit I did call Ping Canada and asked what the turn around would be for a set of clubs. They told me 10 days. I asked if they were busy and they replied "yes, really busy".

As an aside, I find it curious that the repair / tweak center is so busy, considering the apparent sophistication of Ping's fitting system. I know I wasn't happy with the on-course performance of my customized irons, both from a shaft and a lie angle perspective. Now that I have made adjustments based on on-course results, things are better, but I honestly expected a better result based on the original fitting I received from the Ping rep.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Chris,our club is a Ping Dealer and wondering if Ouataouais is?I know that the pro at Buckingham sends them back on a reg. basis with no hassles.I just bought a used set and no prob. to send them back to be bent.All I have to pay is shipping.A little to late now for you but something for the other forum members to think about the next time they have to deal with a company.

In the Zone psniddy is on a distinguished road
    In the many sets i sent back to Ping I never had that kind of experience. I think maybe your clubs were sitting at GT and never got shipped. It is a pretty common mistake made by all retailers and then it is easy to pass the buck to the OEM since they don't really speak to customers. I am sure the local Ping rep who is very customer serive oriented guy would love to hear this story. If you want I can get his name and number to you Chris.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Am I the only one sitting here thinking that GT Executives ordered this to be done intentionally because Chris has been biting into their sales over the past few years?

Maybe I'm just paranoid...
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Eagle buykrux is on a distinguished road
    thats ok
    ping sent me the wrong handed driver

Eagle buykrux is on a distinguished road
    took 5 weeks ping ping sent me a shirt, glove, hat, ball marker, keychain, bracelet etc

Basts. you may be onto something.. I never thought that "the company" may be behind this... hmmmmm... What would Jack Bower do in a situation like this?...

Thread Information