CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yeah, sounds like they need help in the fitting end of things for sure.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Eagle buykrux is on a distinguished road
    it would have been nice to know WHILE ORDERING my driver the other after market shafts they can install for an upgraded fee, after all, insurance was paying for it haha

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

Talking

So the day has finaly come. I'm flyng to Ping in Oakville this morning for the free fitting and tour of the facility. It should be interesting. ...Only problem is, I don't have the clubs anymore
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    So the day has finaly come. I'm flyng to Ping in Oakville this morning for the free fitting and tour of the facility. It should be interesting. ...Only problem is, I don't have the clubs anymore
    Now THAT is funny!

'ho
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Only problem is, I don't have the clubs anymore
    Reid beat me to it. What are you going to say if they ask you how the clubs are working out?
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Reid beat me to it. What are you going to say if they ask you how the clubs are working out?
    Tell them the clubs are in the shop....

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Methinks they may know already if they are monitoring this thread, when you are there look for a room filled with computer monitors logged onto Ottawa Golf and if you see them , run for the nearest exit.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

I can see it now, bringing along your Taylor Made clubs for fitting by Ping! You probably sell more Ping clubs than they do in the Ottawa area!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Great news Chris, I am glad that some one is finally doing something. It was looking pretty bleak for a while. If you get there and every one is dressed the same grey suit and sunglasses, tell them that you are going to the bathroom and then run like heck!! Actually I think they will impress you greatly, they just need to improve their customer service. Please tell him to take care of my precious PING DOC 12.5 putter that was sent to them on Friday!.
    What was wrong with your putter ?
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    The ball kept missing the hole.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Ping doc 12.5

Lance, The putter's finish was flaking all aroung including the face. I researched on the net and found it was a common problem and called them. Their CS told me to bring it to GT and have them send it to PING. Less than 2 weeks later I received a brand new DOC with the nice new pewter finish.
    Lefty Lucas

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Lance, The putter's finish was flaking all aroung including the face. I researched on the net and found it was a common problem and called them. Their CS told me to bring it to GT and have them send it to PING. Less than 2 weeks later I received a brand new DOC with the nice new pewter finish.

Same thing happened to my Doc, sounds very common,at least there fixing the problem
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Chris you have to have more "balls" than anyone else I know! Hope you had a good time
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Talking

My faith has been restored in Ping customer service.

I landed in Toronto around 10:15 and was picked up and driven to the Ping Centre in Oakville. There was no time wasted as I was brought straight into their fitting room. The fitting room consisted of a 4-5 hole, two tier putting green, a 20 yrd range with raised tees. Ryan (my fitting guy) took all my measurements asked inquired on my current and desired ball flight. From the initial interview it was determined that I was standard for length and grip. Next I was on their state-of-the-art launch monitor looking at my ball flight and assessing what flex of shaft I should use. The first 6 balls I used a 7 iron with an AWT stiff shaft. On the launch monitor my ball flight was good and entry was at 52* which was good. My shot pattern was very consistent where the dispersion out of about 6 shots was only 4-5 yrds. He set my up with an R flex shaft to see what the difference would be. Well the ball speed and flight were higher and dispersion was greater.
    Next was the lie angle. It was determined that I would best fit with yellow dot (1.5* up) on my 8-pw and green dot ( 2* up) on my 3-7 irons.
    He had me hit a few balls with impact tape on the face and I was happy to see the ball was hitting square in the centre.

I had brought my G10 driver and 22* G5 hybrid as well. I was very please to see that my driver was bang on as far as spin rate and launch were concerned. Seeing that I had an R flex shaft in my hybrid Dale re-shafted it for me with an S flex and will ship it off once the epoxy dries.

The clubs I brought to the fitting where my S59's. They took them to the shop where Dale bent them to my specs and re-gripped them.
    I wasn't there at the time when he did it unfortunately as I was taken out to lunch by the GM. When I returned all my clubs where ready.
    I had a putter fitting as well. I discovered my putter should be around 68* lie and 33.5 in length. I don't know if my centre shaft can be bent or not.

I enjoyed going through the fitting. I was more impressed by the passion and commitment the staff and General Manager had to Ping Customer Service. Dave Wilson (the GM) really showed concern for turning my opinion around on Ping customer service. Mission accomplished.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    great report chris. Good to hear they righted the wrong and as a bonus, you know all your specs for your equipment.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I for one think this is great but more importantly I would have wanted the GM to explain why and what was done to ensure that the original problem does not happen ever again.
    Lefty Lucas

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    I tried that a few weeks back but Ping never responded. So I don't know if it got weeded out or fell into a black hole. I think they only want to hear good news.
    So I guess 'Power of the People' and the link to the OG site helped after all eh?! 105 replies and 4,798 views is kind of hard to ignore. I realize that alot can be attributed to the same people viewing/posting multiple times...but could Ping really afford that kind of bad publicity? I wouldnt think so.

Glad to hear you had a good experience at the Ping Centre and you have your clubs to your specs in hand. Just out of curiosity, how close are your specs from Ping to what you originally wanted/thought you needed?

I am happy

Same thing happened to my Doc, sounds very common,at least there fixing the problem
    There is no doubt, they fixed it pronto and I was very pleased to get a new putter. I am bringing it to Golfworks for a fitting and will likely have it bent like the last one ( less upright). I am bringing 2 putters, the DOC and the SRT Tri-ball. For $15 you cannot go wrong.
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by ap_logan View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how close are your specs from Ping to what you originally wanted/thought you needed?
    I haven't checked yet. Plan on doing that in the next couple of days.

Below are the specs I did myself compared to what was suggested in the fitting. The fitting consisted of my static measurements and swing characteristics then matched up to their colour chart. Based on the colour code my degrees of lie should look similar to what is in the right column. However I have not put them in the loft/lie machine to confirm. If these are in fact the lies they gave me then they are very close to specs I orginally gave myself.

My Lie Specs Ping's according to colour chart
    3- iron 61.00* 61.25*
    4- iron 62.00* 62.00*
    5- iron 62.50* 62.75*
    6- iron 63.00* 63.50*
    7- iron 63.50* 63.25*
    8- iron 64.00* 64.25*
    9- iron 64.50* 65.00*
    pw 65.00* 65.25*
    Last edited by The Saint; 01-13-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Sounds like you had a great expierience Chris
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Putter jwdspace is on a distinguished road
    I always order everything direct if I can, not just golf clubs. I guess this is why I do it!

Thread Information