+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fitting

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar

Fitting

I know I've asked this before, but where is the best place to get fitted? I'm finally ready, I think.

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    All the major OEM's do it; Ping still stands out as the best in my opinion, they have several fitting days in the Ottawa area in the spring. Don Irving is a great fitter as well. He owns Artisan golf and works mainly with KZG.

Hybrid danscustom is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jsttaylor View Post
    I know I've asked this before, but where is the best place to get fitted? I'm finally ready, I think.
    See if a True Length Technology fitter is in your area
    www.truelengthtechnology.com
    Look at the Registered Users page.
    Thanks, Dan
    True Length Technology @ [URL="http://www.danscustomgolfshop.com"]www.danscustomgolfshop.com[/URL]

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    JS, having been to both the OEM and to Don I can tell you that you cannot miss with either but Don (artisan) will definitely take the time and effort needed to make sure you have the right equipment for you and your swing. He has never steered me wrong and always goes the extra mile for you.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie ghaakman is on a distinguished road ghaakman's Avatar
    I was just fitted by Gary Mason in Arnprior. Gotta say this guy is patient and wants you to get the right fit. He made me 5 different (shafts) 6 irons to try out. He also fitted my old driver with th eproper length shaft and grip and lent me his driver for the week so I wouldn't miss any of my games.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Nice, any of these clubmakers will have different ones to try once they determine your SS but its the personal touch that you will get that the OEMs cannot touch.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie ghaakman is on a distinguished road ghaakman's Avatar
    you're absolutely right...it's the persoanl touch that makes the difference

Gap Wedge careyhrrs67 is on a distinguished road careyhrrs67's Avatar

Talking fitting made simple!!!!!

ive been building clubs for a long time and ive learned through trial and error and ive went through hundreds of heads and shafts to get an almost prfect set for myself and now shootin in the mid to high 60's,,,,ive learned for myself that shaft frequency is by far the only way to determine the right FLEX! for all!! I DO NOT and WILL NOT EVER BELIEVE that any of the golf industries standards for club fitting is no where near being the correct way to fit a person to golf clubs!PERIOD. i ordered the fitchip from lotus golf, then put it on every shaft in my bag, took a few swings with it on all the clubs for it to store the info(speed,acceleration,timeing,ect...) then mailed it back to them and they sent me the the exact info for every club,,then i cut the shafts to the exact frequency using the clubhead i'll use for that shaft ( because the industry uses a lets say standard 250gr tip weight for all the shafts, WHICH IS WRONG!!! david tuttel says to use as the tipweight,,the head your gonna put on the shaft to play with in order to get the RIGHT FREQUENCY!!!) for example, if i want the frequency for my 5iron, then i'll use the 5 iron head for the tipweight! now i have 14 favorite clubs instead of 1 or 2 in my bag!! www.fitchip.com

I agree that the system you mention makes perfect sense for each and every club but then again if my swing is not perfect every time then this is all a moot point. We do not have a Lotus here and it would be interesting to see the cost involved, maybe you can help out and let us know. My set is standard from Callaway so I can only assume that the frequencies on each club is also based on their head weight but the again maybe not.
    Lefty Lucas

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I agree that the system you mention makes perfect sense for each and every club but then again if my swing is not perfect every time then this is all a moot point. We do not have a Lotus here and it would be interesting to see the cost involved, maybe you can help out and let us know. My set is standard from Callaway so I can only assume that the frequencies on each club is also based on their head weight but the again maybe not.
    Gotta disagree with you on this one Luc. Not even the pros have a perfect swing every time, but there % is alot higher than the average 10 hdcp. My fittings are based on the golfer's optimum results while testing, not an average from a bunch of swings. With a more experienced golfer, I can almost count on better feedback on there requirments. It also makes it easyer to zero in on an preffered frequency In all my years of doing this, my conclusion is that it is far more beneficial for the golfer to be fiitted for feel and his/ her potential to strike the ball solidly. And I will always subscribe to the theory that properly fiited equipment is only a step in the process. Lessons are a crucial step in improving one's game.

It would be intersting to know the individual readings on your Cally's

Cheers !

Big Smoke
    IMO the Number #1 fitter in the Ottawa area is Greg from Golfworks. He knows everything about every golf shaft and the characteristics they will acheive, which is the most important INGREDIENT of Fitting club(s) to the individual NEEDS. he also made his own Tip trimming codes based on each manufactured shaft with a frequency attached to each one. To get fitted to length,lie and grip takes about 10 minutes max but getting the proper shaft and head for what you are looking for..even if you are justing wanting to re-shaft you old irons he is the BEST in Ottawa and area.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    I think you mean "GOD" @ Golfworks. There is nobody named " Greg" @ Golfworks.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    LOL. I can hear Greg laughing from here.

Big Smoke
    Downhillslider, Not taking nothing away from you and talents about club fitting and building. I was referred to him by our Golf pro who I respect very much, so I visited him and made an appointment to see him and listen to his beleifs and ideals..which intrigued me very much and hence he fitted fme or a shaft (Rombax) and was EXTREMELY satsified and the shaft peformed as he desrcibed and was totally honest through the entire meeting and fitting. So if you know him as "GOD" you must know him very well and on a different level than myself or others. So you must have some of the same beleifs and know your GOLF "equipment" VERY well as well.

Thread Information