CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar

IMPORTANT - GAS PRICE --READ THIS TONIGHT (Thursday)

Could be a rumour but Dan McTeague just announce that the price of gas will be 12¢ a liter higher tomorrow morning (Friday Sept. 12) in Ottawa.

http://www.mcteague.ca/WebPages/gas_price_chart.htm

Could be a rumour but he is usually right...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I heard it on the radio driving home an hour ago and stopped and filled up. We sure get screwed quickly as if the price of crude goes up we get hit right away at the pumps but when it's gone done we don't get a break at all. We just don't have any recourse at all.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    stopped driving, I take the bus everywhere
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Dan McTeague is a very negative person, and is seldom right about anything.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Unfortunately it looks like this one was true...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Thanks Chambokl. On your tip we filled both cars up last night.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Any politician smart enough to run on a platform that would regulate gas prices would do very well in the up coming election

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Why in hell should there be a .12 increase in gas yesterday when just the day before the gov't addmitted the previous rate increases were because of speculation and yesterday the oil companies announced no significant slowdown in production because pf storms OH----- I know why---its because they are ????????
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Any politician smart enough to run on a platform that would regulate gas prices would do very well in the up coming election
    I have always thought that but think of all the lobbying from party members etc..
    It would end up costing him her more votes.Hell they don't even recycle in Alberta.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    I have always thought that but think of all the lobbying from party members etc..
    It would end up costing him her more votes.Hell they don't even recycle in Alberta.
    PEI has some sort of board that must approve all price adjustments to the price of gas AND you can only apply to a price change every 30 days I believe.

Granted there are times when they pay more than the National average, but that are other time, like now, where they are paying substantially less.

I still for the life of me don't understand how the POSSIBILITY of a disruption in either the supply of crude oil or a deduction in the processing capabilities can has such a pronounced effect the price of gasoline which is already sitting in storage tanks

We aren't talking about oil futures here........

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I'm going out to buy a smaller car and a HUGE gas tank
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Rolled into TO last night around midnight, and at the big stations there were 30+ cars in line. Every station had a line up out into the street. I was guessing 45min-hour line up to get the tank full. It's stupid. Prices will probably go back down soon, but even if they don't, people lining up for an hour to save $5-7? Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Prices will probably go back down soon, but even if they don't, people lining up for an hour to save $5-7? Stupid.
    I couldn't agree with you any more. If the tank could use a top up and there are no lines I'll stop, but make a special trip or wait in line for 30+ minutes.........Not gonna happen

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    For all of you who want to know the gougers http://www.ottawagasprices.com/
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    Here, in central BC, the price for regular went from 136.9 to 147.9 per litre today.

Dave

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Aylmer tonight was $1.41 a litre. Kemptville was $1.24 yesterday Kemptville was $1.15...........go figure!!!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Is there an unwritten rule that ought to operate here to prevent this type of opportunistic gouging? What do you say, Silly Willy?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Is there an unwritten rule that ought to operate here to prevent this type of opportunistic gouging? What do you say, Silly Willy?

Personally I think that once they are done gouging us for a day or so, they should dramatically drop the price, to show us the consumer, some mercy and pity. That's basically what is Silly is saying, isn't he Mike?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Personally I think that once they are done gouging us for a day or so, they should dramatically drop the price, to show us the consumer, some mercy and pity. That's basically what is Silly is saying, isn't he Mike?
    Big Oil Companies have an "UNWRITTEN RULE" that says they can use any excuse to jack the price of gas up.

Funny, don't we have a lot of oil in Canada? Was IKE going to bash Alberta? Or was it the extra demand for gas by people fleeing IKE that has caused this screwing to occur?

THE SPIKE FROM IKE is what we can call this. I have other words but they can not be printed here.

This is just another ploy by the oil companies to sneak that price up further. Now that it is $1.35/L when they lower it down to $1.30 we are going to think "WOW, gas prices dropped" My bet is you'll never see the price come back down to the mid $1.20/L range again.

The price of crude oil dropped below $100 a barrel yesterday. Of course the Big Oil Masters will tell you "It takes 3 months after the drop in crude prices to reach the consumer market" Meanwhile if the price of crude jumps a buck a barrel it takes about 3 minutes and that increase is being seen at the pumps.

They talk about "Supply & Demand" there is no more demand for gas today than there was a year ago. In fact I drive less now than I did 18 months ago, and I know a lot of other people who drive less (800 of us who retired from Ford)

Since this is an election year maybe we need to bring this gouging issue up with the people who are running in your area. Of course the Feds do not want to get involved in this as they reap millions in extra tax dollars every time the price of gas goes up.

Wait until you start getting your natural gas bills for heating this winter. Buy some extra sweaters and a big thick comforter for your bed You'll be staying home more often, the price of gas will be too high

It's amazing how policies differ from here to some US States when it comes to gas gouging.

I was talking to an Amateur Radio friend of mine last night who lives in Kentucky. He told me they were expecting some wind and heavy rains today. He also mentioned that the Governor had put the State on "A state of emergency" I asked why if all they were expecting was rain and winds up to 30 MPH. He told me the reason this state of emergency was out in place is for one reason only. It allows the state to charge and fine gas stations that raise the price of gas to prices that are out of line with other stations. In other words if you raise your prices too high you will be fined.

Now I watched CNN this morning and they said the average price of gas rose 12 cents per gallon in the past two days.

So tell me why the price of gas rose here on the average of 58.5 cents a gallon? Too bad the Ontario Government will not put "A State Of Emergency Plan" in place here. After all we did have a lot of rain here in SW Ontario yesterday. Plus it was windy this morning

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar

Gas

I checked Lake City, Florida's gas prices yesterday. They are unchanged and a Florida spokesman said that they have a huge supply of gas and more coming. They get theirs from the gulf coast and Texas. Are we being gouged?? Oh yeah.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Prices go up most Thursdays - for the weekend drivers who forgot to fill up early enough.

Prices go up overnight - for those who can't be bothered to go out after dark the night before to fill up.

Prices go up when the wind blows more than 50kph anywhere in the Carribean - because no one can stop them from raising the price.

So, fill up Thursday evenings from November to April. Walk the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshooter View Post
    Prices go up most Thursdays - for the weekend drivers who forgot to fill up early enough.

Prices go up overnight - for those who can't be bothered to go out after dark the night before to fill up.

Prices go up when the wind blows more than 50kph anywhere in the Carribean - because no one can stop them from raising the price.

So, fill up Thursday evenings from November to April. Walk the rest of the time.

Weekend gouging is traditional here in Canada. However this past weekend with the 13 cents/L jump was simply caused by the Oil Companies being greedy. When gas goes up in some states by only 25 cents per gallon it is plain to me and many others that we are being gouged.

There is no protection for the Canadian consumers. The big boys know that too.

Plain and simple, we are getting screwed at the pumps.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Dan McTeague just posted that the price for a litre of gas will go down 9¢ in Toronto and 8¢ in Ottawa... tonight (Monday).
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Dan McTeague just posted that the price for a litre of gas will go down 9¢ in Toronto and 8¢ in Ottawa... tonight (Monday).
    Ike is long gone, although the aftermath down south will linger for years.

The aftermath with the price of gas..... It came down 6 cents/l here in St T. $1.29.9/L. As I predicted in an earlier post the gas gods now have it pegged close to a $1.30/L. Any bets that is stays close to this now? If it comes down lower I will be shocked.

Thread Information