CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron McG is on a distinguished road

The golf glove - most durable

The title says it all. I find that I can get 4-5 rounds out of a glove before they start to get slippery.

I've been using Titleist and Callaway gloves lately. Anybody come across one that seems more durable?

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by McG View Post
    The title says it all. I find that I can get 4-5 rounds out of a glove before they start to get slippery.

I've been using Titleist and Callaway gloves lately. Anybody come across one that seems more durable?

Hmmmmmmm, maybe you need to clean your grips more often. I can play many more rounds than that with FootJoy WeatherSofts.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    http://www.smtgolf.com/accessories.asp

Scroll down to the bottom, I have never tried one, but they come with a lifetime warranty.

The SMT Lifetime Warranty Golf Glove is an extremely high quality glove, made from 100% New Zealand possum leather. SMT Lifetime Warranty Golf Glove is available in the following sizes... Men's ( for righties and lefties ): Small, Medium, Medium-large, Large and Extra large. Ladies ( for righties and lefties ): Small, Medium and Large

$59-$89

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I have gloves I have had for years....use mostly taylormade and footjoy
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Hmmmmmmm, maybe you need to clean your grips more often. I can play many more rounds than that with FootJoy WeatherSofts.
    How often should they be cleaned? My clubs only have about 10 rounds on them and I did clean them after about 6 rounds with warm water and dishsoap.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I once saw a guy using 4-5 gloves in single round of golf. He told me that his hands were always wet so he rotate the globes during his round. I am not sure if that would help on your case.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Started my year with a new glove, Callaway, purchased in a three pack from Costco for about $19. Finally put it to rest after 39 rounds, and only after playing one whole game in the rain. I take it off to putt and if it gets too wet I have a stretcher I put it on to dry it out. Usually just slip it in the mesh pocket on my bag after a round. I NEVER wash my grips, and I play about 100-120 rounds on them before changing. Guys at Golf Works say that I have very little wear on the grips meaning that I don't grip them very tightly. Maybe that has something to do with the life of my gloves.

Eagle buykrux is on a distinguished road
    if your gloves are wearing out that fast its either your grips need to be washed, maybe new grips all together
    or your grip may be incorrect causing it to wear out, too tight maybe?
    its humid in the summer here so i rotate 3 gloves, change it every hole, and it cuts down on the wetness from sweat

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I have a similar problem, only on the palm so I know its a grip thing, probably too tight and incorrect. My gloves tend to last 10 rounds or so before I develop a hole on the right palm, below the thumb as I'm a lefty. I guess thats why my game is gone to lately.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Started my year with a new glove, Callaway, purchased in a three pack from Costco for about $19. Finally put it to rest after 39 rounds, and only after playing one whole game in the rain. I take it off to putt and if it gets too wet I have a stretcher I put it on to dry it out. Usually just slip it in the mesh pocket on my bag after a round. I NEVER wash my grips, and I play about 100-120 rounds on them before changing. Guys at Golf Works say that I have very little wear on the grips meaning that I don't grip them very tightly. Maybe that has something to do with the life of my gloves.
    I purchased the same gloves, it comes with two leather gloves and one synthetic "performance" glove. I'm not sure what I did (I might have chucked it in my bag after it was wet a couple of times) but one of the leather gloves got super stiff and crusty after about 5 rounds and maybe 5 or 6 trips to the range... got dark very quickly as well. I'd blame dirty grips, but I just use the performance glove now, and have been for the last 15 rounds or so, and it has held up great... not all filthy, and just as soft and comfy as it was when I first put it on. I expect it to last many more rounds.

I'd buy these gloves again, but I think I would buy a glove stretcher / drier like Kiwi has for the leather gloves, and not stuff them in a pocket after a rainy day .

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I purchased the same gloves, it comes with two leather gloves and one synthetic "performance" glove. I'm not sure what I did (I might have chucked it in my bag after it was wet a couple of times) but one of the leather gloves got super stiff and crusty after about 5 rounds and maybe 5 or 6 trips to the range... got dark very quickly as well. I'd blame dirty grips, but I just use the performance glove now, and have been for the last 15 rounds or so, and it has held up great... not all filthy, and just as soft and comfy as it was when I first put it on. I expect it to last many more rounds.

I'd buy these gloves again, but I think I would buy a glove stretcher / drier like Kiwi has for the leather gloves, and not stuff them in a pocket after a rainy day .
    That's the same problem I have with mine and they were the same Callaway Costco set of 2 with a tech glove. If they get wet with rain or sweat, they dry up and shrivel to a hard crusty surface. And I take mine off between shots walking up the Fairway. My golf bag has a velcro patch that I stick the glove on to dry between shots.

I have not tried the tech glove yet. It's probably of higher quality than the others.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I don't normally wear gloves but use the FootJoy Weathersof in the rain.

They are also really good when the humidity is so high that if feels like it is raining. Because they are 100% synthetic they don't get stiff /moldy and mine have lasted quite well.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    McG
    do you use corded grips?
    My gloves used to last 8-10 rounds with a full cord grip. With a standard grip (golf pride tour wrap) i have played 20 plus rounds and the Costco Callaway is pretty much done, finally,after I threw it in my bag soaking wet yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by rancherJ View Post
    McG
    do you use corded grips?
    My gloves used to last 8-10 rounds with a full cord grip. With a standard grip (golf pride tour wrap) i have played 20 plus rounds and the Costco Callaway is pretty much done, finally,after I threw it in my bag soaking wet yesterday
    My grips are Adams Tour Velvet which came with the clubs. I don't find them really all that great. When I find a decent clubmaker, I think I'll be making a change.

Thread Information