100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Courses

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

Courses

Hi John,

Any chances courses like Tangle Creek, Highlands/Valley would join the CentralOntarioGolf idea or are you concentrating more on courses like Shanty Bay and the like?

Obviously after having lived and experienced Ottawa Valley golf, I'm anxious to make full use of those new Ping I3's.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    John may be delayed in replying. He was here in Ottawa the last 2 days, and I am not sure when he returns to Collingwood.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

This winter weather is driving me nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag
    Obviously after having lived and experienced Ottawa Valley golf, I'm anxious to make full use of those new Ping I3's.
    nice lag: You're not the only one who's anxious!! I was all set to send you an e-mail to see if you wanted to hook up for a game in Windsor this weekend (hey, when opportunity knocks, I open the door!).

So I phoned a course in the city to see if they would be open this weekend. They were due to open tomorrow, but they got 5 inches of snow yesterday!!:cryin

The temperature is supposed to be in the double digits this weekend in Windsor, so I'll bring my shoes just in case. But it looks like another few weeks before I'm out on the links...
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Oh I know Terry... I was looking into that one too in case we got the boot at the tournament. It's weird because we didn't get anything in Barrie. That's too bad cuz it would have been sweet to sneak in a round this weekend.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Lob Wedge John Campbell is on a distinguished road John Campbell's Avatar

Barrie Courses

I talked to Tangle Creek and the Highlands. They were very receptive but not willing to try it this year. If I can provide good service in this area, I believe that the courses in Barrie will be more willing to participate.
    I'll keep trying. If you know any courses that may be interested please let me know.
    Thanks
    John

Hi John,

Any chances courses like Tangle Creek, Highlands/Valley would join the CentralOntarioGolf idea or are you concentrating more on courses like Shanty Bay and the like?

Thanks for the update John. I know a few superintendants around so maybe I can land a bug in big boss' ears.

It looks like Baywood will turn out to be a good course so I might be tempted to drive a little and try that track. What are the usual green fees? I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for the efforts John.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Lob Wedge John Campbell is on a distinguished road John Campbell's Avatar

Baywood

The owners are away and I haven't been given the 2004 rates. They should be around $40 for the weekend!

John
    Thanks for the update John. I know a few superintendants around so maybe I can land a bug in big boss' ears.

It looks like Baywood will turn out to be a good course so I might be tempted to drive a little and try that track. What are the usual green fees? I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for the efforts John.

Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar

Tangle Creek

Hi nice_lag,

Heads up, I just heard from my father that Tangle Creek is opening on the 15th. Enjoy the course, it's a nice one to play, you might even be able to get a tee time for Saturday.

Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmore
    Hi nice_lag,

Heads up, I just heard from my father that Tangle Creek is opening on the 15th. Enjoy the course, it's a nice one to play, you might even be able to get a tee time for Saturday.

Thanks for the heads up. I played Tangle Creek 3-4 times last year (August/September) and I absolutely love it. A good links style course for the most part. My only bad comment is towards the Pro Shop staff who don't seem to like accomodating single walk-ons even though their schedule isn't full. That had me frustrated a few times. But that is their business. Hopefully they'll get out of their financial trouble.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar
    Hopefully they'll get out of their financial trouble.
    I heard that was a rumor started by another golf course in the area. Anyway, I was told that they have started to pave some of the cart paths, so I guess they do have some money laying about.

BTW, I like TC#13, long par 5, drove past the hole in 2. Driver, 3 wood. (Made par)

Enjoy your rounds there.
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Thread Information