100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

Tom brady GONE....

for the rest of the season. Thats what you get for running up the score last season punk!
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Enough to bring a tear to your eyes. GO BILLS!

mpare is crying...
    willy

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I was waiting for this thread. I think the Pittsburgh fans are now jumping for joy.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    It never fails to amaze me how quick some people are to jump on you when you are at the peak of your career. Brady is the latest example, but I have read detractors of Tiger, Phil, etc. Would be interesting to roll back to clock and see who would surface to ridicule Gretzky, or Lemieux... or is hockey off limits?

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    It never fails to amaze me how quick some people are to jump on you when you are at the peak of your career. Brady is the latest example, but I have read detractors of Tiger, Phil, etc. Would be interesting to roll back to clock and see who would surface to ridicule Gretzky, or Lemieux... or is hockey off limits?
    If it makes you feel any better Kiwi, I ridiculed Gretzky and Lemieux all the time when they were playing
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Gretzky certainly took his share back in the day as being too soft, a crappy skater and a defensive liability. Lemieux took his as well - injured all the time and despite being a big man, not very tough. Take a look at the thread regarding Alfie on this site, and you will see hockey is not off limits, in fact, if you want to see heated arguements, just start talking hockey.....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    What I don't understand is that some people are happy when somebody gets injured... how about a bit of class...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Will there be an asterisk next to this years super bowl winners? (insert sarcasm smiley here)...

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    for the rest of the season. Thats what you get for running up the score last season punk!
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh please. I saw that play and there is no way that was a play with intent to injure Brady.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Bring in Daunte Culdeppe
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    What I don't understand is that some people are happy when somebody gets injured... how about a bit of class...
    I'm not happy he's injured. I'm happy he won't be playing.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I'm not crying. I'm disappointed, though, that Brady won't be playing. His absence is a significant loss to the entire league. As for the injury itself, this is football. Players are oftentimes injured. I doubt that Brady's injury was correlated to the fact that the Patriots scored many points in last year's games.

mpare is crying...

Baxter
    It sure sucks that one of the best players in the NFL is out for the season. It would be great to see NE win with the back up QB...I'm not a Pats fan but remeber Randy Moss is still there and they will still win 13 games at least.

..Tony Romo MVP for this season....GO COWBOY'S GO...

Cheers,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh please. I saw that play and there is no way that was a play with intent to injure Brady.
    I never said there was... Its the football gods... they weren't happy with him running up the scores last year and now he is out for the season.
    willy

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    I am happy he is hurt. I will try to explain to you why since you don't understand He is a punk for running up scores when games are out of reach and he should be on the bench. IF anyone here is going to say "its his coaches choice to keep him out there" then i want what you are smoking. Even if that was the case then this is payback for spygate.. best player gone for a year. Either way, brady/pats got what they deserved for their BS last year. You speak of class, how about not running up the score on teams that are beat and how about not cheating by taping the other teams signals and plays LOL
    willy

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    anyhow, my Bears are undefeated.
    Andrew

I never said there was... Its the football gods... they weren't happy with him running up the scores last year and now he is out for the season.

Football Gods and the Unwritten Rules of Football.

I hadn't realized that the gods had time to play football.

I am biting my tongue in order to refrain from saying something I'll regret. For the moment, let me suggest that you can't possibly be serious. But if you are, then you should be careful that the golf gods of which you speak so knowingly don't nail you for taking joy in another's misfortune.

I am happy he is hurt. I will try to explain to you why since you don't understand He is a punk for running up scores when games are out of reach and he should be on the bench. ...

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I am happy he is hurt. I will try to explain to you why since you don't understand He is a punk for running up scores when games are out of reach and he should be on the bench. IF anyone here is going to say "its his coaches choice to keep him out there" then i want what you are smoking. Even if that was the case then this is payback for spygate.. best player gone for a year. Either way, brady/pats got what they deserved for their BS last year. You speak of class, how about not running up the score on teams that are beat and how about not cheating by taping the other teams signals and plays LOL
    Ya didn't learn your lesson with a thread like this last year huh? So now the gods are in the stands watching every game and that get even with great players who make the game look easy?

Willy, if a pro golfer 'runs up the score' should he sit out a few holes so others can catch up? Should VJ sit out the last fedex Playoff because he is so far ahead that no one else can win unless he is disqualified or withdraws, that doesn't seem fair making everyone else look like a bunch of amateurs

Nope, he goes and runs up that score even higher so he is known as the best for this year.....
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    I am biting my tongue in order to refrain from saying something I'll regret

Thanks Mike, I was thinking the same thing. Some people...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Ya didn't learn your lesson with a thread like this last year huh? So now the gods are in the stands watching every game and that get even with great players who make the game look easy?

Willy, if a pro golfer 'runs up the score' should he sit out a few holes so others can catch up? Should VJ sit out the last fedex Playoff because he is so far ahead that no one else can win unless he is disqualified or withdraws, that doesn't seem fair making everyone else look like a bunch of amateurs

Nope, he goes and runs up that score even higher so he is known as the best for this year.....

Remember how Woods ran up the score during his US Open win at Pebble Beach? And many other times he opened up a can of whoop a*s on the fields? Well now he is being punished by the Golf Gods for those actions. He was forced to sit out the remainder of the 2008 season, miss the Ryder Cup, not capture his second FedEx Cup, miss that $10 mil in cash, etc etc
    Yes Sir Bob, he is being punished, he is a punk golfer

From now on the "UNWRITTEN RULES" of any sport will state "If you or your team have a substantial lead late in the game you will shut it down. You will not score any more goals, runs, touchdowns, baskets, or make any more birdies. If you do you will be classified as a punk, or a bunch of punks. You will be punished by the GODS OF YOUR SPORT"

Every professional athlete in the world, and also all high end amateur athletes will receive this manual within the next month.

PS, Bob, do you think the "GODS" have to pay admission to be in the stands?

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    If silly's right about 'sports gods' and their unwritten rules, I'd hate to be the Slovakian women's hockey team right now... http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=3577150
    Wannabe Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    If silly's right about 'sports gods' and their unwritten rules, I'd hate to be the Slovakian women's hockey team right now... http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=3577150
    None of the members of that team will go to heaven! How the heck can a team fire 139 shots on goal in 60 minutes? Take into consideration the time it takes to go back to centre ice after 82 goals were scored. That is not leaving much time for 139 shots on goal. The losing goalie must have sun burn on the back of her neck from the goal light coming on 82 times

Apparently the Slovakian coach has not read "Silly's Unwritten Rules of Sports"
    PUNK COACH, PUNK PUCK GIRLS.....................

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I'm with jonf on this one, I'm not happy he's hurt, but I'm happy he isn't playing. I did the same thing to my knee when I was 30, and it's a terrible injury. Makes it much more likely he'll have arthritis too.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Say what you will, or don't say it. I on the other hand say what is on my mind. I really am glad he is out for the season. Coudln't have happened to a nicer guy. Run up the scores on your xbox punk while you sit at home playing madden all season. Next season, play the game it has been played for the last 30 years and stop trying to scam your way into the record books
    willy

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    How the heck can a team fire 139 shots on goal in 60 minutes? Take into consideration the time it takes to go back to centre ice after 82 goals were scored.
    The clock does stop after a goal is scored, but I understand where you are coming from

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    PS, Bob, do you think the "GODS" have to pay admission to be in the stands?
    Hell no, then they would have the Golf God's distant cousins 'The Gate Receipt Ticket Gods' after them!

What were you thinking?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Since you encouraged us to say what's on our mind, I'll say it. You couldn't be more off the mark, if you tried. Professional athletes are paid to perform. It's one thing to prance and dance and taunt the other team, it's quite another to methodically do your best to perform at the highest level. Brady did the latter and not the former. Your failure to recognize a distinction between the two is unfortunate.

We've had this discussion before, but apparently it was an exercise in futility. High-performance athletes don't turn the performance tap off and on to suit the inadequacies of their opposition. If they do so, they gamble with victory and, more significantly, they begin to accustom themselves to performing at a lower level. This can become an insidious and debilitating habit. I would much rather see an athlete doing his or their (in the case of team sports) best to perform at the highest level, than to "tank it" for lesser opponents.

You are more than entitled to become the protector to the under-achiever. For my part, I would prefer watching the best play their best. Keep in mind what I said, though. I am not a fan for the prancing, dancing, taunting fools. But that is not Tom Brady. He and his team did their job. That is why I like them. Let the other teams pick up their games. Until they do, I have little interest in seeing better teams dumb down their games to offset their inadequacies.

Say what you will, or don't say it. I on the other hand say what is on my mind. I really am glad he is out for the season. Coudln't have happened to a nicer guy. Run up the scores on your xbox punk while you sit at home playing madden all season. Next season, play the game it has been played for the last 30 years and stop trying to scam your way into the record books

Thread Information