100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anderson linx

7 Iron hkypuk is on a distinguished road

Anderson linx

At the risk of being shutdown by the forum censors i have to tell you I was very disappointed with my experience at anderson Links recently.

A buddy of mine and i were thinking of a getting a round in at the end of the day and chose anderson for its proximity.
    i called the course in advance to check on the conditions,traffic and rates. I was told there was next to no one on the course for 6pm and that the rate was $29 for 18.

When we got to the course we discovered that the $29 rate was for 9 holes. We also discovered that there were no marshalls or starters on the course and that the course we ended up having to wait for some groups ahead that turned out to be players who were playing their second 18 after a tournament. In addition , the greens had been punched without any notice.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    You won't be censored for your review. You stated your disappointment in a proper and polite manner. As long as you don't go off the handle and bash the facility you are allowed to voice your displeasure in a proper manner.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    The greens were punched there about two weeks ago, I played there last Saturday and they were pretty bumpy. There were a couple of posts about that here last week. You must have been unlucky as I was pretty impressed with the service there. My buddy and I were second off that morning and our cars got blocked in by people arriving later. A marshall tracked back through the course and got the keys from the blocking cars (6 of them) and moved them before we even hit the 18th. I'll go back.

Bogie irish_OG is on a distinguished road irish_OG's Avatar

linx

Good to know....i'm thinking of hitting it up next monday!!

Greens should be back to normal by then....

Anyone played emerald recently??

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Emerald yesterday--South and West. Very dissapointed in the conditions----rough uncut---sand traps as hard as cement--greens uncut--some fairways cut---not hard to tell the season is just about over. Looked like half the staff was laid off.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Bogie irish_OG is on a distinguished road irish_OG's Avatar

linx

thats too bad.....I hope you got a deal on the round ( 2 fer out the red book)

On the other hand I played Cloverdale a while ago and I was impressed with the overall conditions.....i'm fairly lo maintenance when it comes to course conditions....all I really need is sun and decent greens!!

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    I can speak for emarld.. half the staff hasn't been laid off... 3/4 of the staff has left to go to university/college. They are extremly short handed and are basically hiring people on the spot... so if anyone is looking for a nice part time job this fall I'd stop in at emerald and apply.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Thread Information