100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Jean-Francois Lucquin wins playoff at European Masters, beating McIlroy

CRANS-SUR-SIERRE, Switzerland - Jean-Francois Lucquin won the European Masters in a playoff Sunday, beating Rory McIlroy with a birdie on the second hole.

More...

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    Please tell me someone else watched this huge upset. The commentators were all over Rory saying he had a man's body with a child's head.

All he had to do was get up and down from 12 feet on the fringe. I know easier said than done. He pushed his 4 footer to force a playoff. After the second playoff hole he missed the fairway and had a "knarly lie", but managed to get on the green and give himself a 25 footer. He missed that, and went to tap in his par and lipped out. After that Jean-Francois only had to 2 putt and of course canned the birdie putt. What a finish.

I think that Rory had a 6 or 7 shot lead going into Sunday. Either way this 19 year old has a great career ahead of himself!

7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road
    Saw it, what a match indeed. It looks like nerves got the best McIlroy but he's only 19...no doubt we haven't heard the last from this guy.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beefstuf View Post
    Please tell me someone else watched this huge upset. The commentators were all over Rory saying he had a man's body with a child's head.

That was one of the worst melt-downs I've ever seen. Not just the approach shot that went long, not just the overly aggressive chip, and not just missing the four-footer, but the missed tap-in to lose the play-off was a hideous mental error. I can't even fathom the level of disappointment he must be feeling after letting his first victory slip away.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Poor guy, but something tells me we will be seeing him on the PGA tour and playing well one day, maybe even a couple of Ryder Cups.

Thread Information