100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windy!!!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Windy!!!

Did anyone else get out and play in that crazy wind yesterday? Played my annual MTO tourney yesterday. And for those that know me, I never find the left side of the golf course, but the wind was so strong, many of my tee shots ended up down the left side or in the left rough. Did anyone actually catch how strong the wind actually was yesterday?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Yes I played Anderson Links. It was ridiculous. I couldn't keep my hat on and my hair was flying all over the place. The weird thing is I scored my second best score ever, an 85.

Quote Originally Posted by little brit View Post
    Yes I played Anderson Links. It was ridiculous. I couldn't keep my hat on and my hair was flying all over the place. The weird thing is I scored my second best score ever, an 85.

Good job in that wind. I shot an 82 yesterday to finish second to the winner at 80. But I'm pretty sure the mixture of wind and "adult" beverages hurt my game enough yesterday to cost me the repeat.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Good job in that wind. I shot an 82 yesterday to finish second to the winner at 80. But I'm pretty sure the mixture of wind and "adult" beverages hurt my game enough yesterday to cost me the repeat.
    Wow! second place Well done!

It was pretty weird out there as it was so hot even with the wind. I didn't even dare have any "adult" beverages, although I usually do.

Wow! second place Well done!

It was pretty weird out there as it was so hot even with the wind. I didn't even dare have any "adult" beverages, although I usually do.

It's one a year, and we get out with past and present employees you don't see on a regular basis, so I thought, what the hell.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Windy conditions

Denyse and I usually play better in difficult weather,win,rain etc...We played our course yesterday also and she was on fire.Maybe its the fact that you concentrate more on the shots.Good for you Mau.

quote=little brit;275013]Yes I played Anderson Links. It was ridiculous. I couldn't keep my hat on and my hair was flying all over the place. The weird thing is I scored my second best score ever, an 85. [/quote]

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Way to go Maureen---I told you itwas just a matter of time---how many games under 90 now? Now you just have to work on you know who!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thanks Marcos.

I have had 5 games under 90 now. 84 the lowest. Two at 85. Main problem for me is still the putting. Today I had a horrible putting day, 44 putts. ended up with a 103 the rest of my game wasn't great either. Good to hear Denyse had a great day

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Thanks Marcos.

I have had 5 games under 90 now. 84 the lowest. Two at 85. Main problem for me is still the putting. Today I had a horrible putting day, 44 putts. ended up with a 103 the rest of my game wasn't great either. Good to hear Denyse had a great day
    Did the Outaouais greens eat you up?
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Did the Outaouais greens eat you up?
    They did indeed

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Tuff greens at the Outaouais.I cant score there because i have not figured them out.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Some are optical illusions.. haha.. There you must be a good reader of the grain and always-always leave your ball below the hole.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Thread Information