CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good Bye

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Good Bye

My wife and I will be moving to Newmarket on September 15th. It's impossible to personally say thanks to all of the wonderful folks that I've met in this golfing community. This will have to do.

Since joining this site many years ago, I have met and played golf with a great number of its charming cast of characters. To each and every one of you, I want to say thank you. You've made me think. You've made me laugh. You've made my life that much the richer for knowing you.

While I may be leaving the area, I will not be leaving this site. I'm afraid you're stuck with me. With luck, and Geoff's permission, you may even see me playing for the OttawaGolf.com team in next year's challenge against the GTA. Since I'll be retiring in April, I should have plenty of time to tune up my game.

Thanks again.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Let me be the first to say it was a pleasure meeting and playing with you, Mr. Pare. You'll be missed. But, at least our money will now be safe from you.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Let me be the first to respond that it has been an honour and great pleasure getting to know you and to play golf with you. You exemplify the term gentleman.

We will miss seeing your smiling face and limping gait on the local links. Glad to hear that you'l still be a regular here!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Dang I was too slow to be the first!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Sorry to see you go Mike. Enjoy your retirement.

I hear there are lots of retirees with money in that area for you to supplement your pension with.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I am very sorry to see you go Mike

We will have to do a road trip to play golf with you there. Change purses at hand.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Best of luck with the new job/house/golf course! I will miss your change purse, being, I believe, one of the few to have actually seen money come out of it!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Mike, I'd like to wish you and your family nothing but the very best in all that you do. I hope that your retirement is everything you thought it could ever be and even more.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Mike, you are a true gentleman of the game I enjoyed immensely the times we were able to play together. Your enthusiasm for golf is second to none around here and I wish you all the best in your new location and in retirement.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Mike, it has truly been a pleasure to play golf with you and to interact with you on this site. All of the best in Newmarket and I am very glad to see you will still be around on OG.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    What can I say Michael?
    I will echo the above words that you will indeed be missed in Ottawa. Over the years, you have shown us your true character and that is, you are one of the finest people I have had the pleasure to know.

Your golf game is also one of the best I have seen - although you ARE able to reach into that little blue pouch so gracefully when you have to - and I hope you do once again on sunday )

As well, I'm sure I can speak for all the members on NCGT, that you will also be missed on our tour. Your precence has been our pleasure and I for one look forward to your last kick at the can on sunday at Outaouais.

Good luck Mike to you and Teressa, with the move and best wishes in the new digs and new city.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Mike.... The few times I had the pleasure of playing with you it was exactly that, a true pleasure You take the game seriously, but not yourself... which is a breath of fresh air

Looking forward to trying to take a few shekels off of you and Noback at Outaouais on Sunday
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Mike,

It's been fun playing with you for all of these years. And you leave as a member of the victorious Team Green!

Best of luck and hopefully I will see you on the links.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Good luck in Newmarket Mike and enjoy your retirement. You'll be missed in the Ottawa area but hopefully we'll see you during the Ottawa Golf challenge in the spring. I hope you can find a course to play at and to help fill your little pouch again.

3 Wood mike k is on a distinguished road

Adios

Thanks for teaching me the true competitive spirit of Match Play. We shall remain tied (in our matches over the past 2 years). Best of Luck in Newmarket and the next 50 years on the links.

Mike K.
    (NCGT)

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hey Mr Pare---only got to meet you twice but it was a real pleasure Maybe I'll have to skip the wedding and go to the couples day to say goodbye in person. Take care of each other and god willing we can play in Toronto----you pay---it's too rich for me All the best.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    What? You aren't leaving!!.. It was nice to have met you and I'll miss seeing you in your colourful sweaters at work... and of course your cash!
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    glad to have you closer mike.... doesn't expect all your winnings to come from my purse though...
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    All the best with the move. I enjoyed our match in the Forum Match Play final (hope you can shake the duck hooks). I also learned to be very wary of mpare when money is on the line!
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Best of luck to you bluenoser. I wish I had your game
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Aw geez! Now I really feel like crap! I had to make a choice this weekend between the NCGT event and my work tournament, and it seems I chose the wrong one.

Michael, it's been a pleasure playing with and against you over the past few years. You are a true gentleman, and a wonderful ambassador of the game. You will be sorely missed around these parts. I hope we get to cross paths again soon, maybe in Belleville.

As BC MIST always says, "there are people who golf, and there are golfers." You, my friend are a golfer. Best of luck to you and Teresa.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Mike,

Only had a chance to meet you once and played a really enjoyable 18 with you. It was a pleasure to spend some time with you. You are a gentlemen and a great golfer.

You never know, might have a chance to play with you in the Toronto area.

Enjoy your retirement and now you will be able to spend more time with the family.

Do the Leafs have a new fan?
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Thank you for your kind comments. As I said previously, the golfers who frequent this site are its greatest asset. That said, any cash that any of you think you might be able to extract from the blue purse will have to be earned. No misplaced sentimentally on my part would cause me to give any less than my best effort to take a few cents from any one of you. As for the Leafs getting a new fan, forget it. My bifurcated heart belongs to the Habs and the Sens.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Mike enjoy your retirement!!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Mike, it was a presure dude. enjoy your retirement.

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Mike enjoy your retirement and all the golf you can play .

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    All the best in the future Mike. It was always fun getting together with you. You'll always have a spot on the OG team.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I was fortunate enough to meet you once mike , and fortunate enough not to play you for money , best wishes on your retirement.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Although I have never met you Mike I always enjoy reading your thoughts.

Good Luck with the move.

Don't sweat that retirement issue, it is a piece of cake. You can always find a part time job at a golf course like I did.

Happy Trails.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Mike, I am a little late in jumping in here and Craig only told me you were leaving once we had crossed paths with you at the Outaouais this weekend or I would have given you my best wishes in person. Southern Ontario is getting better all the time!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information