100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge billss is on a distinguished road

Driving Ranges: secret of Large Buckets?

Hi,
    Do you know how many balls are in their(Anderson Links, Kevin Haime, Capital, 19th Tee, and etc.) large buckets?
    And, 2 for 1 coupon on my hand is outdated by August, do you have any idea?

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Kevin Haime's is 105 balls for $10 according to their price sheet. It's one of the nicest practice facilities I've used, from either the mats or the grass area.

19th Tee is similar size bucket for $9 (no specific ball count), but they have a complimentary ball pail to allow you to top up your bucket to whatever you feel is an appropriate level before you start hitting balls, so probably closer to 115-130, depending on how skilled you are piling up the balls Their grass area is more akin to hitting out of a light/medium rough than fairway as with Kevin Haime's. Also nice is the 19th Tee's complimentary chipping area.

I'm not familiar with the other facilities in the city. Hope this helps!
    Wannabe Golf

19th Tee

After reading your reply, I went to there after work today.
    We worked with a large bucket for about 1.5 hrs. The place was not packed, and we could enjoy swings!
    I'll try Kevin Haime's someday soon. Thanks for your information.

Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    19th Tee is similar size bucket for $9 (no specific ball count), but they have a complimentary ball pail to allow you to top up your bucket to whatever you feel is an appropriate level before you start hitting balls, so probably closer to 115-130, depending on how skilled you are piling up the balls Their grass area is more akin to hitting out of a light/medium rough than fairway as with Kevin Haime's. Also nice is the 19th Tee's complimentary chipping area.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    A large bucket at Falcon Ridge has about 80-90 balls and is only $6 - and you get a frequent-user card so every 8th bucket is free. They also have a nice short-game practice area and putting green which is included.

The facilities are not as nice as KH's, but comparable to other ranges in the area and the balls are always in good shape. Best deal in Ottawa IMHO.

Talking Falcon Ridge

19th Tee is the closest(without crossing over the bridge) from my place, however absolutely I'll try Falcon Ridge, too. Thanks for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    A large bucket at Falcon Ridge has about 80-90 balls and is only $6 - and you get a frequent-user card so every 8th bucket is free. They also have a nice short-game practice area and putting green which is included.

Thread Information