100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SHANK alert!

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar

SHANK alert!

Played Greensmere today and it felt like the worst round in my life. The funny thing is that I came into the round quite confident, though I had not played in a week. My previous rounds prior, I was hitting the ball solid. I could not hit a ball on the back nine, after a mediocre 42 on the front (black course). Just brutal. What the heck was I doing wrong??? I feel sorry for my wife who had to witness that. She almost beat me on the back..
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Paul,you will get used to having your wife beat you trust me.LOL.I played the CHATEAU CARTIER and played new irons (wich are now for trade)and had a horrific game.The wife has beat me a few times and it does not feel good at the beguining but you get used to it.The good thing is that she nejoys plying the game that you love and that my friend is PRICELESS.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
    Played Greensmere today and it felt like the worst round in my life. The funny thing is that I came into the round quite confident, though I had not played in a week. My previous rounds prior, I was hitting the ball solid. I could not hit a ball on the back nine, after a mediocre 42 on the front (black course). Just brutal. What the heck was I doing wrong??? I feel sorry for my wife who had to witness that. She almost beat me on the back..
    Without seeing you swing, I am almost certain you are not finishing your turn with your shoulders on the backswing. Make a full turn.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Maybe you were just tuning up for this Sunday's event at Outaouais!

Don't worry. Get to the course early on Sunday, and I'll check out your swing on the range and get you sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
    ... Just brutal. What the heck was I doing wrong??? .

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Thanks Marcos for letting me know that my wife will one day catch me! Rich, Mike, thanks for the input. I could always use some advice from you, Mr. Pare. We'll see how it goes between now and Sunday. I most certainly need a range session before then.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    the funny thing is your signature says " Shotmaker"!!!!!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I hate the shanks.

I do however have a "cure", thanks to Warren Grant. Your mileage may differ but this does work for me. Note: I have an over the top move that this exagerated thought seems to help correct. For what it's worth:

To get out of the shanks, I tuck in the right elbow on the backswing and focus on droping the hands down at the start of the forward swing. Then just let the shoulder turn follow along for the ride.

"Shank you... shank you very much."
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

8 Iron caddishack is on a distinguished road caddishack's Avatar
    I get the shanks from time to time and one of my buddies who teaches simply said to me to stand a little farther away from the ball than you normally htink and I have not had one since. Coincidense? I have no idea

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Shanks

You have time to think of all that during your swing Dan?You are good.LOL.I think if i started thinking during my swing, i would prob. shank it everytime.

quote=Kilroy;274814]I hate the shanks.

I do however have a "cure", thanks to Warren Grant. Your mileage may differ but this does work for me. Note: I have an over the top move that this exagerated thought seems to help correct. For what it's worth:

To get out of the shanks, I tuck in the right elbow on the backswing and focus on droping the hands down at the start of the forward swing. Then just let the shoulder turn follow along for the ride.

"Shank you... shank you very much."[/quote]

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Actually just the thought of "keep the elbow tight" and a practice swing to feel it is enough to do the trick. Of course I eventually will shank another, then I have to conciously remind myself and get back in the slot.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information