100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Bails

Question Cost of Club RE-Fitting?

I was fitted for custom clubs 6-7 years ago when first started out and was only playing 1-2 times a year in corporate best balls, etc. -- so not really playing at all. The club fitting was pretty basic. He took some measurements but never had me swing a club or hit any balls.

For the past three years, I've been far more serious/avid about the game, taking a series of lessons, practicing, playing, reading, etc. I shoot in-around 100 and I know clubs alone won't lower my score but I can't help but wonder now that I have some resemblance of a setup, swing, etc, that my original fitting just doesn't match up with my current game. I sometimes feel like my lie angle isn't quite right on my longer irons where if I really need to raise the toe of the club to get fuller contact. I also wonder if I my shaft is too stiff for my swing speed. Things like this...Are there places in town who would just test my swing and equipment without trying to get me into new clubs? If so, what's a ballpark figure for this fitting service?

thanks,
    Bails

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Kevin Haime's offers this service. I think it was around $60 when I had it done. They also applied that amount as a credit against clubs purchased at T&L when T&L had their shop at the range.

Caddy PowerFade is on a distinguished road PowerFade's Avatar
    I can't tell you where in Ottawa to get this done, but I can say that dynamic clubfitting is the only way to go. The old taking measurements was a shot in the dark. Dynamic fitting gets you out there on the range and takes into consideration all aspects of ballflight, swing path, etc., and if you can get fitted on grass, all the better. I'm sure someone else on this forum can point you in the right direction. You definitely have the right idea!

Thread Information