CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood petah is on a distinguished road

Ball suggestions.....

I have been reading quite a bit on golf balls but don't know what to get. I am not the type to drop $5 for ProVs/HX Tours/B-330s nor my golf skills warrants such a high end ball. Most likely, i will buy recycled balls from Ebay. The last batch i bought, Nike Mojo's, they weren't all that great. Mojo 1's were decent but the 2's were just side spin monster! I can't keep the damn thing straight. I have played DT-SOLO and various models of top flights (non D2) and most drives were dead center in the fairway and distance is very decent. The only problem is that they don't really stick all that well around the green. I have also played the NXT tour which sticks well around the greens but I havn't used the driver all that much with this ball so i can't comment on driver spin. I guess i am looking for a ball that sticks well to the green (like NXT-tour) and has minimal driver spin (like DT-SOLO) that is not too pricey. Is there such a thing? Or am i wishing for the moon?

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by petah View Post
    I have been reading quite a bit on golf balls but don't know what to get. I am not the type to drop $5 for ProVs/HX Tours/B-330s nor my golf skills warrants such a high end ball. Most likely, i will buy recycled balls from Ebay. The last batch i bought, Nike Mojo's, they weren't all that great. Mojo 1's were decent but the 2's were just side spin monster! I can't keep the damn thing straight. I have played DT-SOLO and various models of top flights (non D2) and most drives were dead center in the fairway and distance is very decent. The only problem is that they don't really stick all that well around the green. I have also played the NXT tour which sticks well around the greens but I havn't used the driver all that much with this ball so i can't comment on driver spin. I guess i am looking for a ball that sticks well to the green (like NXT-tour) and has minimal driver spin (like DT-SOLO) that is not too pricey. Is there such a thing? Or am i wishing for the moon?
    I highly recommend the Bridgestone E5+ ball. It is a two piece ball but with a high quality urethane cover... same as the expensive balls. Spins decently and has a very soft feel. It's not quite a ProV1 or Nike One but it is worlds better than any of the budget Surlyn cover balls.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Every ball will react a little differently based on your swingspeed.

That being said, if you are looking for a budget 3-piece ball check out the Topflite Gamer. The new Wilson balls are also very good. If you can find the Px3 try those or their replacement, the Zip.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I really like the TM Burner TP ball. 3 piece with good spin. Soft feel and good distance. And only $27 at GT.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Top Flite D2 Feel
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    I love the Burners at 27$ a doz. Was hitting Gamers and Feels and they are great value for money but the Burner to me is 1 notch better.
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Sand Wedge davo987 is on a distinguished road
    D2 feel is a great ball at 18.99/dozen, does wear a bit quicker than a bit higher end balls. bridgestone e5+ are also great ball, a bit more expensive but do not wear as quick

Bouche
    I second the Bridgestone E5+ balls. Great feel at a quality price

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    NXT Extreme has lower driver spin than the NXT Tour, but not as much 8 iron spin either. They are a relative bargain for $29/dozen at golftown.
    Andrew

Lob Wedge Mightydocb is on a distinguished road
    Just switched to the Nike Juice on a whim and was pleasantly surprised with the ball flight and feel around the green. Not as good as the ProV's around the green but not as far off as I thought they would be 19.99 for the dozen and found them for 14.99 yesterday so bought another dozen. Was playing the ProV1 but hated losing them at 4+ dollars a ball. Bought used ProV1's off of ebay and driving distant dropped dramatically thought it was me until I went to the Juice Hitting comfortably in the 260 to 280 range now.

BigFlopper

Juice

Quote Originally Posted by Mightydocb View Post
    ... found them for 14.99 yesterday ...
    Where did you find them at that price?

Lob Wedge Mightydocb is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFlopper View Post
    Where did you find them at that price?
    A small golf and tennis store near me called Fran Johnsons. Best part was I also earned a 10 coupon on my last visit so balls cost me 4.99 for a dozen plus tax.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I just bought 120 AAA Grade Callaway HX Hot ball off of ebay for $38.......I've always bought Knet MINT grade balls and I have been pleased with them for I figured for $38 even if half of the balls were useable I would have gotten a good deal - balls arrived on Wednesday and for the life of me I can't tell the differnce between the MINT ones that I still have and this batch of AAA balls.

I'm one happy camper.............now bring on #2 at the Marshes

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I tried a few of the Wilson zips and they were pretty good , the 50/50 are decent also.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davo987 View Post
    D2 feel is a great ball at 18.99/dozen, does wear a bit quicker than a bit higher end balls.
    I believe the D2 Feel are going for $18.99 for 15 balls...even a better value

3 Iron Goshawk is on a distinguished road Goshawk's Avatar
    If you want to try the more expensive balls but don't want the high price, my suggestion is to get your recycled balls from KnetGolf.com. I've ordered from their website as well as going to the store here in Markham (Golf Clearance Warehouse). I'm not sure if there's one near Ottawa, but the website has the same balls. Mint grade are termed "one hit wonders" on their site, and I haven't found a single blemish or scratch on the mint grade balls. Their grade A balls are also very good. I've played with them and haven't noticed any loss in performance. And orders over $90 (I believe) are shipped without shipping charges. They will be shipped from Markham, not the US store in Niagara Falls, NY.

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
    If you want to try the more expensive balls but don't want the high price, my suggestion is to get your recycled balls from KnetGolf.com. I've ordered from their website as well as going to the store here in Markham (Golf Clearance Warehouse). I'm not sure if there's one near Ottawa, but the website has the same balls. Mint grade are termed "one hit wonders" on their site, and I haven't found a single blemish or scratch on the mint grade balls. Their grade A balls are also very good. I've played with them and haven't noticed any loss in performance. And orders over $90 (I believe) are shipped without shipping charges. They will be shipped from Markham, not the US store in Niagara Falls, NY.
    Orders over $99 qualify for free shipping. I'm on there right now shopping for a few dozen. It would actually be good to organize an order with a friend to take advantage of the free shipping, which is $12 otherwise. Note that Ontario residents pay full tax, but since they are shipped from Canada there will be no risk of duties.

TAXES:

Canada

All orders shipped to a Canadian address will have 5% G.S.T. tax added to every order.

All orders shipped to an Ontario address will have an additional 8% P.S.T. added.

All Applicable taxes will be calculated on the shopping cart automatically.
    There are no duties or brokerage fees.

5 Wood jsf001 is on a distinguished road

Callaway HX One

Just tried these last night and they compare very nicely to the HX Tours that I have been playing. The bonus is that they are selling at GT for $40 for a 24 pack, which is a very good price.

Thread Information