100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim
    Come on, lets be realistic. HOW this guys hair looks MATTERS JUST AS MUCH as Hootie deciding he doesn't like it. Its sad. The guys a loon with too much time on his hand. God forbid if he found out one of the PGA players is gay.
    Well, since they matter the same amount, tie goes to the guy who owns the golf course as opposed to the guy who's priviledged enough to play on it. I have nothing against the haircut in and of itself man, I've said as much. I don't particularly care if people do things to their hair. IT doesn't affect ME. BUT, I'm also smart enough to know what battles are worth fighting. If I (or most people) were the guy with the messed up lid, we'd shave it off or do what was asked in a heartbeat. It's a prestigious event OWNED BY HOOTIE. Same stuff as why I thought that Martha Burk should go get stuffed.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Sand Wedge Pilgrim is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Same stuff as why I thought that Martha Burk should go get stuffed.
    WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT........
    EVER

He's a loon.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road

Calm Down

Well, since they matter the same amount, tie goes to the guy who owns the golf course as opposed to the guy who's priviledged enough to play on it. I have nothing against the haircut in and of itself man, I've said as much. I don't particularly care if people do things to their hair. IT doesn't affect ME. BUT, I'm also smart enough to know what battles are worth fighting. If I (or most people) were the guy with the messed up lid, we'd shave it off or do what was asked in a heartbeat. It's a prestigious event OWNED BY HOOTIE. Same stuff as why I thought that Martha Burk should go get stuffed.

Dan
    Fellas, bring it down a notch. Broken27, good point, there are some battles not worth fighting. The fact that you don't see comments from Poulter around the sports pages these days is attributable to the fact that, for one week, he's going to put his hairstyle aside as a favor to Hootie.

Incidentally, did anyone see Poulter at the World Match Play? He didn't have the wild hair then either, it was just on the longish side...

I think it's a case of lots of people (look in the mirror) getting riled up over nothing. Hootie made a request to Poulter through a mutual friend, and Poulter is going to oblige. Enough said...the fact that Poulter apparently has no problem with it proves that the players respect Augusta in a way that not many people can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63
    Broken27, good point, there are some battles not worth fighting.
    I think that was everyone's position from the beginning of the thread.

I think that was everyone's position from the beginning of the thread.
    But why should the guy who is breaking the rules be the one that is allowed to do what he wants?

Dan

But why should the guy who is breaking the rules be the one that is allowed to do what he wants?

Dan
    Do you mean, why does Hootie get to break the rules?

What rules? He just asked Poulter to not streak his hair a wild color as he's known to do, that's all. Poulter could probably do it if he wanted to, and I suppose Hootie could uninvite him in retaliation. But none of this is going to happen because it's just a simple request, Hootie did it the right way, and Poulter knows that he's lucky enough to be playing in the Masters, so don't screw it up.

The idea that Hootie is performing some terrible injustice is way off base...

Do you mean, why does Hootie get to break the rules?

What rules? He just asked Poulter to not streak his hair a wild color as he's known to do, that's all. Poulter could probably do it if he wanted to, and I suppose Hootie could uninvite him in retaliation. But none of this is going to happen because it's just a simple request, Hootie did it the right way, and Poulter knows that he's lucky enough to be playing in the Masters, so don't screw it up.

The idea that Hootie is performing some terrible injustice is way off base...
    You got me backwards bud. I'm saying the guy who went out of his way to colour his hair (likely to draw attention to himself, there's really no other reason) should have to conform to the "rules" or standards Hootie makes for his own club. I'm on the side that says "good for Hootie".

Dan

You got me backwards bud. I'm saying the guy who went out of his way to colour his hair (likely to draw attention to himself, there's really no other reason) should have to conform to the "rules" or standards Hootie makes for his own club. I'm on the side that says "good for Hootie".

Dan
    My fault, I apologize. It seems like you are in the minority. Others seem to think that this is some sort of civil rights issue...

Anyways, again I apologize, I didn't mean to paint you with the wrong brush.

Others seem to think that this is some sort of civil rights issue...
    Maybe you should actually read the posts. Everyone said:
    - who cares, its just hair
    - its strange that someone would be stuck so much in the past to care what a golfers hair looks like

The civil issues came up, and rightly so, when it was pointed out that not long ago, Tiger Woods would not have been allowed to play on the golf course.

Believe it or not, that, women's right and hair are all linked...but don't waste your time thinking about it.

Maybe you should actually read the posts. Everyone said:
    - who cares, its just hair
    - its strange that someone would be stuck so much in the past to care what a golfers hair looks like
    But why do you care so much, if (after all) it's just hair? Why is a laissez-faire attitude so much more right than the old-school traditionalist attitude?

The civil issues came up, and rightly so, when it was pointed out that not long ago, Tiger Woods would not have been allowed to play on the golf course.

Believe it or not, that, women's right and hair are all linked...but don't waste your time thinking about it.
    Who brought up the civil rights issues? Of course, the people who want to paint Hootie as a bad-guy when all he's doing is "customizing his environment". Nowhere in the constitution of either the USA or Canada are people granted the inaliable right to be a jackass. You want spikey, painted hair, go see a Metallica concert, you'll fit right in. You want to go play golf, don't wear Slayer t-shirts with cut-off sleeves and wear ripped jeans.

Seems to me that pretty much everyone here accepts the dress codes at local courses, but for some reason some of you have decided that there has to be a limit. Why? If I own it, the rules are mine to make. As long as I'm not infringing on any constitutional or human rights laws, who the hell are you to tell me otherwise?

Dan

PS - Sensfan, no worries, I am as astounded as you are that this idiot's hair is such a big deal. Maybe they could ammend the Geneva Conventions to include "asking for someone to change their haircolour is a war-crime".

You've missed the point of MY comments entirely, so there's no point.

You've missed the point of MY comments entirely, so there's no point.
    But there IS a point to be made...Hootie asked Poulter to not dye his hair pink for one week, and it sounds like he'll oblige. The fact that you lump the Poulter issue in with the whole Martha Burk fiasco, well, that's another can of worms. Civil rights vs. dress code? Please...

Two things...Poulter's hair is pretty damn cool. And Hootie is in the right (again).

PS - broken27, i think we agree on the principle here, but disagree on the coolness of the hair !!

But there IS a point to be made...
    The point is that replies on this forum have nothing to with what's written in previous entries, and entirely to do with stodgy unchanging points of view that get re-stated over and over in longer format. Work on your logic boys, you're sadly lacking.

The point is that replies on this forum have nothing to with what's written in previous entries, and entirely to do with stodgy unchanging points of view that get re-stated over and over in longer format. Work on your logic boys, you're sadly lacking.
    Quite frankly, I fail to see how you can accuse my of lacking in logic. The initial "barb" that got this discussion onto the topic of Hootie being some tyrant were posted by El Tigre who said somehow asking this punk to NOT have a freaky hairdo was a shocking abuse of power. You "Pilgrim" responded with "exactly".

Who's lacking in logic? Seems like perhaps you forgot your initial point and are shovelling off your dismissive points against other posters' ability to reason as a way to compensate.

Gimme a break. Just because you think something, doesn't mean I should change my "stodgy, unchanging" point of view.

Dan

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quite frankly, I fail to see how you can accuse my of lacking in logic. The initial "barb" that got this discussion onto the topic of Hootie being some tyrant were posted by El Tigre who said somehow asking this punk to NOT have a freaky hairdo was a shocking abuse of power. You "Pilgrim" responded with "exactly".

Who's lacking in logic? Seems like perhaps you forgot your initial point and are shovelling off your dismissive points against other posters' ability to reason as a way to compensate.

Gimme a break. Just because you think something, doesn't mean I should change my "stodgy, unchanging" point of view.

Dan
    Beep Beep Beep, back it up! Lets keep it clean here. I see what is happening here, it snowed a bit this weekend and we're all a bit UPSET right now, lets all make up now. Calabogie better open up soon cause the wife is getting tired of my clubs in the living room!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    ...This is Arnold Palmer's 50th time, and he wasn't going to show up: what a shame. I love seeing those guys, whether they shoot well or not. That's when I'd be slamming Hootie...the idiot.
    That was in Golf Digest I think...it was sad.

I have to side with "the owner's choice" on this, but I can see the guy is going a bit too crazy. Does Hootie "own" it per say, i thought they had votes, etc., by the members...isn't Hootie just the executive decision maker?

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    Beep Beep Beep, back it up! Lets keep it clean here. I see what is happening here, it snowed a bit this weekend and we're all a bit UPSET right now, lets all make up now. Calabogie better open up soon cause the wife is getting tired of my clubs in the living room!
    The snow upset me, but it takes more than posts in an internet forum to really get me going. I just don't like being accused of being a moron and posting arbitrary things just to showcase my lack of knowledge/logic.

C'mon Calabogie....

Dan

I just don't like being accused of being a moron and posting arbitrary things just to showcase my lack of knowledge/logic.
    I wasn't accusing you of being a moron, just stodgy. I got upset because I saw the same post with the same message 6 times, getting bigger and bigger each time. This form of argument is the "overwhelm method", and I don't like it cause it's silly, and it was also ignoring a lot of points made previously, INCLUDING the Arnie/Nicklaus thing, which hit home more for me...

I wasn't accusing you of being a moron, just stodgy.
    Work on your logic boys, you're sadly lacking.
    Didn't realize logic had anything to do with stodginess....

Nuf Sed.

Dan

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Another make up in the making.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    But why do you care so much, if (after all) it's just hair?... I am as astounded as you are that this idiot's hair is such a big deal.
    In a strange way, you are actually stating the point I was trying to make when I originally started this thread.

Why should it matter whether Poulter's hair has blue streaks, blonde streakes or grey streaks in it? What difference does it make if it is long or short, styled or tousled, or even has a pony tail or dreadlocks? Why should anyone's very subjective opinion (yours, mine or Hootie's) about someone's hairstyle have any relevance to whether or not they're allowed to compete at the most important tournament of their golfing career?

The only reason this is any deal at all is because Hootie made it that way. The PGA, European Tour, other professional players - they don't care about Poulter's hair. I'm sure they all have their own opinions on it, but everyone realizes that someone else's hairstyle is irrelevant when it come to competing in professional golf tournaments. Everyone except Hootie Johnson, that is. For him, it's a big deal - and that is both sad and ridiculous.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    everyone realizes that someone else's hairstyle is irrelevant when it come to competing in professional golf tournaments. Everyone except Hootie Johnson, that is. For him, it's a big deal - and that is both sad and ridiculous.
    Well, guess I'm one of the few that thinks it's great to see Hootie sticking up for what he believes in. The hair doesn't bother me so much as you might think from how I'm going on about this. The point is that it seems the liberal left-wing want freedom for everyone until it's a right-winger's freedom to exert his beliefs that's in question.

That my right-wing opinion on the subject.

Dan

That my right-wing opinion on the subject.
    lol...that's silly. I know some right wingers who think stuff like this is a waste of time.

Let me ask you this, you go to work (a computer based industry) and your CEO suddenly decides EVERYONE must wear pink shoes. Do you :
    1) wear them
    2) if you do or don't, why?

You have 37 seconds.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Golf is like sex: afterwards you always feel you should have scored a little better.
    On a lighter note, I love your!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

lol...that's silly. I know some right wingers who think stuff like this is a waste of time.

Let me ask you this, you go to work (a computer based industry) and your CEO suddenly decides EVERYONE must wear pink shoes. Do you :
    1) wear them

You have 37 seconds.
    I have nothing to say about stupid hypotheticals like this. Depends on the reason WHY I'm asked to wear pink shoes. Depends on whether I have to pay for them. Bottom line? How much do I make, and what risk is there of me losing my job? If I'm qualified enough, I guess I could find another job pretty quick......

You can laugh that you know some right-wingers who say what they think. That's why I highlighted the words "MY". That's done to indicate that it's a personal, individual view, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the rest of the political right.

Why is the fact that I have a different opinion from you such an issue for you? Aren't you the one who's all for diversity?

Dan

1) wear them

You have 37 seconds.
    Depends on the paycheque.

Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    On a lighter note, I love your!
    Golf is like sex: afterwards you always feel you should have scored a little better.
    Never up, never In!!!
    You two should get together for some beers.....

Dan

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    1) wear them
    1) How big is the weekly check?
    2) How many mouths to feed?

Hmmm The Masters.... Big check, big creer opportunity. Where are the pink slippers and black hair dye?

Come to think of it, didn't Ian Poulter say he may wear pink without even being asked?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    1) How big is the weekly check?
    2) How many mouths to feed?

Hmmm The Masters.... Big check, big creer opportunity. Where are the pink slippers and black hair dye?

Come to think of it, didn't Ian Poulter say he may wear pink without even being asked?
    Sounds about right to me...... Well about Poulter anyway... Gotta make a spectacle of yourself when you get to play the Masters.... :shake

Dan

You two should get together for some beers.....

Dan
    You’re invited if you like!

Thread Information