100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: What date would suit you best?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sept 20th

20 66.67%
  • Oct 18th

8 26.67%
  • Oct 25th

2 6.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Do we have tee times confirmed for this?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Do we have tee times confirmed for this?

First group is off at 12 noon sharp. I'll actually sort out the tee times on Sunday.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

A couple of notes for the event next Saturday.

1) Bunkers will not be in play. They are not in the greatest of condition right now. So balls that end up in a bunker will be placed and played from a spot behind the bunker that keeps the point of where the ball came to rest in line with the flagstick.

2) Being a scramble, lift, clean and place will be the order of the day for playing shots. Teams are allowed a 7 iron length to determine where they will play their shot from, no nearer the hole. This of course can change depending on course conditions (standing water, casual water, ground under repair, etc.). But once the ball has been placed on the ground and your hand removed, that is where the ball has to be played from. No stickhandling with your club once it's been placed!

3) Teams will exchange scorecards at the beginning of the round. It is each team's responsibility to keep track of the score of the other team, and their own score. Double check your scorecards before they are handed in at the end of the round. I will be checking scorecards, and if my additions are different then yours, once submitted, my additions will be the score posted. Make sure it's correct!

4) The middle (white) tees will be used for the event. I thought about putting some of the lower capped players from the back tees, but it's a scramble and I want to see birdies and eagles. I will be speaking with the course about the set up, and plan on making it exciting.

5) Have fun out there. Yes there is a bit of cash on the line, but it's hardly enough to make the round pressure packed and unenjoyable. Have a great day out there and hopefully everyone brings their best game.

As requested, a brief hole by hole analysis:

1) Par 5, bombs away, just avoid the left side for the first 200yds or so. Good opening hole for a birdie chance to get your round off to a good start.

2) Par 3, 155 yds, plays to a slightly uphill green that slopes away from you from the middle of the green to the back of green. Par is a good score here.

3) Par 4, 380ish, avoid far left or right.

4) Same kind of hole as No. 3. Just avoide extreme right or left again.

5) Par 4, short, driveable for the longer hitters. Fairway, from 100yds in is slightly elevated. Avoid left. Possible eagle hole.

6) The next two holes are lots of fun, and unfortunately I can't convey sarcasm too well in writing. Par 4, about 370yds. Slightly uphill hole. There is a bunker and mound out in the fairway. From the edge of the bunker (edge furthest from the green) it's approx. 120yds to the very front of the putting surface. Green is small and severly sloped from back to front. DON'T GO LONG!!! Par is a great score on this hole.

7) Long par 3. Plays about 185, but could be longer depending on the wind. Approach shot plays into the green from an angle from the left. Left side of the green is guarded by a mound. Par, once again, is a good score here.

8) Par 4, 430ish. Doesn't play as long is seems. Ideal line is over or the right edge of the big tree in the ravine. Most average hitters will be on the upslope of the ravine or just at the top. Big hitters can take advantage of the downslope at the top of the ravine. Birdie hole with two good shots.

9) Par 5, 550. Keep the tee shot more to the left side (just right of the white garage in the distance). Tee shots should end up in the ravine. Blind second shot.

10) Par 4, 290ish. Depending on the wind, it's go time here. Birdie hole, maybe a few eagles. Don't go left.

11) Long par 4, 440ish. Avoid left, and dont' stray too far right. For your approach, DON'T GO LONG!!! Par is a really good score here.

12) 320ish par 4. Another hole, depending on the wind, could be driveable. Avoid left at all costs. Small green.

13) Shortest par 3 on the course. I play it off 125 or so and adjust according to the wind. Green is a bit bigger than it appears from the tee. Don't go left, creek and trees that could deflect your ball into the creek.

14) Short par 4, 310ish. Tricky hole unless you've played the course before. There is a small pond and creek that isn't visible from the tee. I'd only suggest the longest of hitters try to carry the water. And if you do, your target should be just left of the big fairway bunker on the right. You'll be carrying the widest portion of the water but it will give you the most room to land your shot if you manage to carry it. For others, a tee shot of approx. 200-215 at the right edge of the bunker down the left off in the distance is the safer play. Green is very tiny and severly sloped from left to right.

15) Par 4, 350ish. Blind tee shot (there is a small tower you can walk to the top of to see the landing area). A tee shot of 240ish is ideal. Second shot is a carry over a pond to a sliver of a green that is severly sloped from back to about the middle of the green. A tee shot to the right will open up the approach to the green. Too far left and trees could block out your approach.

16) Straightaway par 4, 330ish. Green is slightly uphill, driveable for very long hitters. A good birdie hole.

17) Par 3, plays 160-170ish. Over a large ravine to a green that sits atop the hill. Tough green to hit depending on the wind. Left is not good, too far right will find a pond. Usually, hit more club than you normally would. But wind plays the most havoc on this hole.

18) The third of the new holes, and probably the most tricky to explain. Par 5, 485, but it plays more like a 400ish par 4. A very birdieable hole, possibly eagles. OB left from the tee. Slight dogleg left. There are two trees out at the top of the hill. Your best tee shot it to aim out towards them. A shot of 220ish or so is best. If you want to try to get to the bottom of the hill, be careful, the creek could swallow up anything coming in hot. Right is your friend from the tee on this hole. Approach will be anywhere from 150-180 to a green that runs from left to right. Aiming at the front of the green, where it is most open, is best for a chip up for your third shot.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 09-13-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Thanks Geoff for the info.It will come in handy for everyone for sure.

And the Coles notes version:

Hole 1: Birdie hole
    Hole 3: Birdie hole
    Hole 4: Birdie hole
    Hole 5: Birdie/eagle hole
    Hole 9: Birdie hole
    Hole 10: Birdie/eagle hole
    Hole 12: Birdie/eagle hole
    Hole 13: Birdie hole
    Hole 15: Birdie hole
    Hole 16: Birdie hole
    Hole 18: Birdie/eagle hole

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    And the Coles notes version:

Hole 1: Birdie hole
    Hole 3: Birdie hole
    Hole 4: Birdie hole
    Hole 5: Birdie/eagle hole
    Hole 9: Birdie hole
    Hole 10: Birdie/eagle hole
    Hole 12: Birdie/eagle hole
    Hole 13: Birdie hole
    Hole 15: Birdie hole
    Hole 16: Birdie hole
    Hole 18: Birdie/eagle hole
    So -15 gets you in to a 16 way tie for first?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    So -15 gets you in to a 16 way tie for first?

I'm thinking -4 or so should take this down.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I will disappointed if RancherJ and I shoot higher than -6.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post

If the course dries up and plays firm and fast, and if you're not used to having to run shots up on the green, it can be frustrating. In general, the greens are relatively small at Copperdale, so there isn't much room for error, especially if the ground and greens are hard.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Pfft! We're playing from the whites. I smell birdie fest.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Pfft! We're playing from the whites. I smell birdie fest.

We'll see Mr. Confidence, we'll see.

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    Amen brother

We have two guesses so far:

-4 and a disappointed if shoot worse than -6.

Anyone else want to guess what the winning score will be?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    We have two guesses so far:

-4 and a disappointed if shoot worse than -6.

Anyone else want to guess what the winning score will be?
    The Idiot believes there is at least a -7 or even -8 out there RIGHT XTOUR!!!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I think that people who have not played this course are in for a surprise.Dont get your hopes up to high folks as this course will be difficult as it is and if it is windy then we will see the real champions emerge.I am thinking even par is gonna be good if the conditions are o.k.Small greens are harder to hit and the speed will be an issue also.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    It'll certianly be nicely under par. As two mid-cappers, Mattchew and I were -4 at LeSorcier last year. I am going to say -6 wins it by two.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I am saying -8
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I think that people who have not played this course are in for a surprise.Dont get your hopes up to high folks as this course will be difficult as it is and if it is windy then we will see the real champions emerge.I am thinking even par is gonna be good if the conditions are o.k.Small greens are harder to hit and the speed will be an issue also.

I'm going to say -5... !!! No -15 or -8 but think we can get'rrrrrr done !!!!!!

I have faith in us Marcos !!!
    Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Bob, you might have to drive the cart... LOL

Speaking of which, can anyone swing by Hog's Back area and pick me up? I'll put in a few bucks for gas.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Bob, you might have to drive the cart... LOL

Speaking of which, can anyone swing by Hog's Back area and pick me up? I'll put in a few bucks for gas.
    I can do that young man..... you bet your ass I am driving the cart, I have played with you before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

I will post the tentative tee times for Saturday. fundonny, you may end up with a new partner. LBH potentially may have to bow out. But don't worry, I've already sent out the call for more than capable replacements. If LBH backs out, for the most part, the order won't change. There might be a little movement at the back end of the tee times. But no worries, I've got it covered.

So as it stands now, I only need to reserve one power cart, and I'll group those guys together, so here is the order:

First tee time, at 12 noon sharp with tee times being either 8 or 9 minutes apart, I'm not sure:

1)BogeyGolf/DenisO & Paulio/AndrewMGA
    2)Indio/XTOUR & LBH/fundonny
    3)rmisterr/spackler & Wilster/dreadedsnowman
    4)BigFlopper/mcgoo & Andy4Par/psniddy
    5)Marcos/OutOfTheRough & Mattchew/leftylucas
    6)Fallys0820/Hacker (better known as Team Scotty Squared) & Lobwedge/irish one
    7)dwalker/payne4ever & Big Johnny69/rezadue (better known as Team Taylor Made)
    8)jvincent/rancherJ & Ginker/bobjones59 (better known as Team Scotty Cameron)

Grouping #8, it will be your responsibility to bring in all the CTP markers once you've finished each par 3.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 09-13-2008 at 10:58 AM.

Note to all, in reply #243, Rule #2, a bolded addition has been added. Please take note.

Also, do we have someone that would like to be our designated photographer for the day? Or at the very least bring a digicam so we can at least take a pic of each team on the first tee.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Hacker,

I'll do a cart if you want to, otherwise I'm perfectly happy to hoof it

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Note to all, in reply #243, Rule #2, a bolded addition has been added. Please take note.
    What if you go to place the ball and it rolls/moves from where you meant to place it when you let it go.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    What if you go to place the ball and it rolls/moves from where you meant to place it when you let it go.

You will be allowed to replace it. But that's why you are allowed a 7 iron length. There shouldn't be that much trouble finding a good lie with that much room to move. I just don't want people placing the ball, taking their stance, finding out they don't like the lie, moving it around, again and again.

That's all.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Geoff,

Accodring to your rules, it becomes possible to improve you lie quite a bit. By not specifying that the ball must stay in the same lie(ie. cut of rough, hazard, sandtrap) it becomes possible for people who have hit marginal shot to immensly improve their ,lie.

Did you meant to leave this out, or was it an oversight?

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Geoff,

Accodring to your rules, it becomes possible to improve you lie quite a bit. By not specifying that the ball must stay in the same lie(ie. cut of rough, hazard, sandtrap) it becomes possible for people who have hit marginal shot to immensly improve their ,lie.

Did you meant to leave this out, or was it an oversight?

Not an oversight. I figured people would know that if their ball is in the rough, it has to stay in the rough, in a hazard but playable it has to stay in the hazard, and so on. But you get the 7 iron length to find your best lie in whatever terrain you are in. Marginal shot or not, I want birdies, birdies and more birdies. I want this to be a shootout!!!!

And not sure if you saw my previous post Reza, but traps will not be in play for this event. They are in terrible shape.

But this was just being pointed out for everyone else Reza. We both know we won't have to worry about that, will we? Long and straight all day long my friend!!!

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    fundonny, you may end up with a new partner. LBH potentially may have to bow out. But don't worry, I've already sent out the call for more than capable replacements. If LBH backs out, for the most part, the order won't change. There might be a little movement at the back end of the tee times. But no worries, I've got it covered.
    fundonny will not need a new partner: I just confirmed that I can be there...

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LBH View Post
    fundonny will not need a new partner: I just confirmed that I can be there...

Ohhhhhh I'm gettin excited !!!!

Now " How to hit the ball straight ?? "
    Proud member of the 2012 OG vs TGN Ryder Cup winning team

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    Hacker,

I'll do a cart if you want to, otherwise I'm perfectly happy to hoof it

Fally
    aka Scott
    Fally - what ever you prefer mon ami........I'll bring my push cart and we can decide at the course if you like

Thread Information