100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: What date would suit you best?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sept 20th

20 66.67%
  • Oct 18th

8 26.67%
  • Oct 25th

2 6.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    But seeing as its a 2 man scramble, there can't be any blatant cheating, you'll be playing in a 4some with another competing team. The pirze of $170 divided in 2 will barely cover the costs for the winning team. I know if I win, I'm buying a round for as many as I can with my %50.
    Andrew

aarg! Geoff, it looks like I cannot make it. sincere apologies. glad there are lots of replacements, again, sorry.
    Andrew

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    In that case, can I be your friend? Good friend? I like Corona, but am not picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    But seeing as its a 2 man scramble, there can't be any blatant cheating, you'll be playing in a 4some with another competing team. The pirze of $170 divided in 2 will barely cover the costs for the winning team. I know if I win, I'm buying a round for as many as I can with my %50.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Maybe we should take some of the $10 registration money and have CTP's and longest drive prizes too? Spread the money around a bit more?
    I agree for CTP but not the longest drive. Many of us will never have a chance of winning that (myself included, I am not going to win with a booming 230 yarder) and I think if some players want an LD prize that only those players who would like to participate on that hole put out seperate money, none of the pooled money should go for that. My 2 cents anyways.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

BigFlopper

A big deal?

If the organizer thinks a CtP and LD prize is alright, then I'm in. What's it going to add, an extra dollar or two, who cares.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    aarg! Geoff, it looks like I cannot make it. sincere apologies. glad there are lots of replacements, again, sorry.
    I guess you heard you were going to be paired up with me
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Prizes

Quote Originally Posted by BigFlopper View Post
    If the organizer thinks a CtP and LD prize is alright, then I'm in. What's it going to add, an extra dollar or two, who cares.
    Its not really the money, I think in a scramble prizes should be available to every player, every player can win using thier Hc index, every player can probaly have a good chance to get a CTP but not every player is a long driver so in fact the shorter hitters are subsidizing the longer hitters LD prize.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Geoff,you pick whatever you want to do .Its good enough of you to organise this so less complicted for you is good for me.

BigFlopper
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Geoff,you pick whatever you want to do .Its good enough of you to organise this so less complicted for you is good for me.
    Exactly.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    The cash prize was just an incentive for players. Just gives the day a little meaning. And like some said, you're playing with another team, so there shouldn't be any cheating. And just to make sure, teams will be switching cards before they tee off. And this is the reason why I'll never do a 4-man OG scramble, at least not for cash anyways.

So here's what I'll do. I'm not doing a long drive or longest putt prize. I can do CTPs. There is 4 par 3s at Copperdale. So how about the $8 from each players goes into the prize pool and $2 from each player goes into the CTP pool? If that's the case, please bring change with you the day of, will make it much easier for me.

These will be the only changes I'm willing to make. I've received many PMs stating to leave the event as is. But I'd like to try to please the majority, so I'm willing to offer up the above stated idea. And I don't mean to sound rude, but if this format doesn't please you, you can always step aside. There are people waiting in the wings. I'm just trying to organize a fun outing for forum members. And to be honest, trying to please "everyone" is one of the reasons I don't plan too many of these anymore. Indio (Bob) knows where I'm coming from on this.

So I hope this is satisfactory for the majority. Teams will be posted once I get BigFlopper's index.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I guess you heard you were going to be paired up with me
    Bob, we would have dominated this event.
    I'm not %100 out, but I feel I have to give up the spot to someone on the waiting list, as it looks like I'm 95% out.
    Andrew

Bob, we would have dominated this event.
    I'm not %100 out, but I feel I have to give up the spot to someone on the waiting list, as it looks like I'm 95% out.

BTW, you guys weren't paired together.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    The cash prize was just an incentive for players. Just gives the day a little meaning. And like some said, you're playing with another team, so there shouldn't be any cheating. And just to make sure, teams will be switching cards before they tee off. And this is the reason why I'll never do a 4-man OG scramble, at least not for cash anyways.
    Two-man teams keeping each others' scores is definitely the way to go. I know we all want to believe that "it can't happen here", but...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    So here's what I'll do. I'm not doing a long drive or longest putt prize. I can do CTPs. There is 4 par 3s at Copperdale. So how about the $8 from each players goes into the prize pool and $2 from each player goes into the CTP pool? If that's the case, please bring change with you the day of, will make it much easier for me.
    I think that's a great idea, Geoff. That should ensure that more people go home happy!

Sounds great
    Lefty Lucas

Damn you gotta love it when Geoff gets forcefull

You da man Johnston and what ever you decide is fine by me!

I've got BigFlopper's index. We are good to go. Any future changes, I'll post and make adjustments accordingly.

So the format I used was to separate all the players with the 16 lowest caps in one pool and the rest in another pool. I drew names randomly, so there shouldn't be any issues. I then took both players indexes, that they supplied me with, and added them together. If the team cap was .1-.5 I rounded down, .6-.9 I rounded up.

Lowest team was a 21, so everyone's strokes allotted will be played off of this. I have grouped caps into threes (21-23 and so on), where strokes will be given out accordingly as the team cap increases. The list below will be the pairings, team cap, and strokes allowed in brackets.

So without further ado:

1) Lance LePage & bobjones59 21 (0)
    2) jvincent & rancherJ 21 (0)
    3) Geoff Johnston & rezadue 23 (0)
    4) LBH & fundonny 25 (1)
    5) dwalker & payne4ever 26 (1)
    6) LobWedge & irish one 27 (2)
    7) Fallys0820 & Hacker 27 (2)
    8) Mattchew & leftylucas 27 (2)
    9) Marcos & OutOfTheRough 28 (2)
    10) Andy4Par & psniddy 29 (2)
    11) BigFlopper & mcgoo 30 (3)
    12) Wilster & dreadedsnowman 30 (3)
    13) rmisterr & spackler 32 (3)
    14) Indio & XTOUR 32 (3)
    15) Paulio & AndrewMGA 33 (4)
    16) BogeyGolf & DenisO 38 (5)

The game is afoot, let's see who has the best chemistry! Have fun everyone.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 09-03-2008 at 09:12 AM.

Wow, with all the looks, not one comment. So either everyone is happy with their team....or everyone is in shock and hates their team. Hmmmmm, wonder which one it is.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Wooo...hooo.....I got the shark!!

Scott

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I am just suprised I am the one with the lower handicap in my pairing...yikes...

the sad part is that my partner, justsomeguy has been playing on the NCGT this year with me, and I don't think I know who he is...

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    I am just suprised I am the one with the lower handicap in my pairing...yikes...

The halfway point was 13.8. And it's rather ironic that those two guys got paired together.

Like any event, there's always going to be a large differential in indexes. We use this method at our course for handicapped events, and it seems to work out just fine. No complaints.

I just didn't think it would be fair to pair the lowest handicapped player with the highest, and so on. We'll see how it plays out. Changes can always be made for the next time.

Just to be different, I'm happy with my team AND in shock!

Just to be different, I'm happy with my team AND in shock!

That's what I like to hear. On the plus side, my course isn't all that difficult. So I doubt we'll see 7s and 8s on any hole. That being said, I doubt we'll have a 6 or 7 under winning score. I think 2-4 under could win this. But be warned, the par 3s can play tough, especially if it's windy.

And if I was a betting man, if both players play to their ability, I think the teams to watch are Andy4Par/psniddy and jvincent/rancherJ.

Call it a hunch.

the sad part is that my partner, justsomeguy has been playing on the NCGT this year with me, and I don't think I know who he is...
    Craig, it wasn't NCGT - I think we played together at GOM this year with Andy4Par.

... and with you playing all the left-handed shots and me playing all the right-handed ones, I'm sure we'll be a perfect match!

Craig, it wasn't NCGT - I think we played together at GOM this year with Andy4Par.

... and with you playing all the left-handed shots and me playing all the right-handed ones, I'm sure we'll be a perfect match!

That's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    Wooo...hooo.....I got the shark!!

Scott

You mean the IDIOT! Looking forward to playing with you again Scotty! I will let you carry the team since you are in such good shape

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I was just joking Geoff, I am usually the weaker player...Ha Ha ha

I am good with my pairing, should be fun...

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    LOL....Should we arrange to wear orange again

I think you know who he is.... just not his forum handle.....

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Who's LBH?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Thread Information