CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NF2 Spinefinder

Putter PaulNorstrem is on a distinguished road

NF2 Spinefinder

Hi All - Anyone have information on locating plans to build the NF2 Spinefinder? Also, is it worth having?

Thanks!
    Paul Norstrem

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulNorstrem
    Hi All - Anyone have information on locating plans to build the NF2 Spinefinder? Also, is it worth having?

Thanks!
    Paul Norstrem
    The NF2 is a handy tool for matching shafts and for locating "a" Neutral Bend Point on a shaft. After using my NF2 for this I can then find the true spine on a shaft using a frequency analyzer and orient this accordingly.

Frequently, the NF2, like any other spine finder, locates the residual bend in a shaft, and not necessarily the actual spine. They are, however, very close.

Is it worth the time and effort to build one? I would say, yes, but keep in mind that the plans for the next version, the NF4 are now being worked on, and this new machine is apparently better to use and easier to make. Normal tip trimming instructions are just not accurate. Case in point: I measured a graphite shaft yesterday that was 246 cpm in one orientation and when rotated only 90*, it was 256 cpm, a full flex, ie., "R" to "S" in the same shaft. The NF2 will help get things right.

If you want more information send me a private email and I will show you a picture of one with a little further information, and if you actually want to see one and how it works, we can arrange to get together, if you live locally.

I

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Nf2

PaulNorstrem. I have been known to build a few(10 actually). I can provide you testimonials from other forums. Anyway if you want additional info please contact:
    dlneubec@snainc.com. If you live in the west end contact my good friend BC Mist. If you live in the east end contact me.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Nf2 Pic

For those who wonder. Here is a pic of a completed NF2.
    Last edited by Chieflongtee; 06-26-2006 at 09:29 PM.

In the Zone psniddy is on a distinguished road
    I am trying to build a spine finder but am having a hard time getting parts. I would be interested in either getting plans or buying one from you.

You can buy all the parts locally. I have built a few NF2's for other clubmakers in the past but in all honesty you'd be better off building a NF4. The NF2 finds residual bends not real spines. You can match shafts with the NF2 but the NF4 is far more superior in all aspects.

Thread Information