CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

New Driver Head Is Here

Adams Insight XTD Pro 10.5° just waiting to be shafted! SWEEEEEEET!!! Look out 300 yards, here I come again!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

5 Wood amac is on a distinguished road

Where did you order it from?

I am also interested in this head...

5 Iron mysticalwarrior is on a distinguished road mysticalwarrior's Avatar

SHafted

So when do you want a real shaft for it?

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Adams Insight XTD Pro 10.5° just waiting to be shafted! SWEEEEEEET!!! Look out 300 yards, here I come again!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    I am also interested in this head...
    I got it in a trade. It was pulled brand new from another shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticalwarrior View Post
    So when do you want a real shaft for it?
    I put my RE*AX TP 65X in it. That's as real as it gets.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Yikes! This is like cheating. Took my first few swings with it today at SB. I was swinging uuuuugly, but the driver bailed me out. My misses were going 280, and when I did catch one fairly solid, I stepped it off at 295! I can't wait to start hitting the middle of the face.

The head shape takes a bit of getting used to, sort of half round half square, and the face is deeeeeeeep. I have never seen a driver with a face this deep, ever. The sound is brilliant. Just like a metal driver should sound, a nice solid pro-sounding "tink" at impact, not a dull thud or a loud clang. No earplugs required.

If you can find one of these, get it.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Yikes! This is like cheating. Took my first few swings with it today at SB. I was swinging uuuuugly, but the driver bailed me out. My misses were going 280, and when I did catch one fairly solid, I stepped it off at 295! I can't wait to start hitting the middle of the face.

The head shape takes a bit of getting used to, sort of half round half square, and the face is deeeeeeeep. I have never seen a driver with a face this deep, ever. The sound is brilliant. Just like a metal driver should sound, a nice solid pro-sounding "tink" at impact, not a dull thud or a loud clang. No earplugs required.

If you can find one of these, get it.

Only driver that probably has a deeper face is the Cobra Speed Pro D. Glad to see it's working out for you.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Eagle dhacker1956 is on a distinguished road

how does it compare?

Is this a different head than the A3 xtd? I have one of these. How long is the shaft you put in yours?

Quote Originally Posted by dhacker1956 View Post
    Is this a different head than the A3 xtd? I have one of these. How long is the shaft you put in yours?
    There's a bunch of differences. Face angle is square to slightly closed on yours, the Pro is 2° open. The Pro has a much longer hosel. Yours has the 2 slots at the back of the crown and the alignment triangle, the pro doesn't. Yours is deeper from front to back and more square, the pro is still square-ish, but more rounded. And the face is much deeper than the A3. Overall, the A3 is meant to be a bit more forgiving.

Another thing about the Pro head, I have swung Clubs like the Titleist D1 & D2, Ping G10 & Rapture, etc., and it felt like the heads were floating around during the swing. The XTD Pro doesn't feel like that. It's very stable and cuts through the air easily.

As far as the shaft goes, I don't know what the length was before it was installed, but the total playing length comes out to 45.25".

Okay seriously, if you can find one of these, get it.

Played LM and absolutely murdered the ball on 3 of the 4 holes I hit driver (the exception was #5 where a black fly flew in my eye on the downswing ).

From the Gold tees...

#6 - Squeezed it a bit right and just missed the fairway, 290 yards.
    #12 - Hammered it over the corner, 144 yards left (298 yard drive).
    #18 - 80 yards left, 280 yard drive, uphill!

Sorry guys, I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but it's been so long since I've had this much fun hitting driver. I'm seeing places again that I haven't seen in a few years, and I'm still getting the feel of it.

Okay seriously, if you can find one of these, get it.

Played LM and absolutely murdered the ball on 3 of the 4 holes I hit driver (the exception was #5 where a black fly flew in my eye on the downswing ).

From the Gold tees...

#6 - Squeezed it a bit right and just missed the fairway, 290 yards.
    #12 - Hammered it over the corner, 144 yards left (298 yard drive).
    #18 - 80 yards left, 280 yard drive, uphill!

Sorry guys, I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but it's been so long since I've had this much fun hitting driver. I'm seeing places again that I haven't seen in a few years, and I'm still getting the feel of it.

It's that good hunh???? Good to see you're hitting the big stick well. So after that smoking 39 front, how'd you end up?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    It's that good hunh???? Good to see you're hitting the big stick well. So after that smoking 39 front, how'd you end up?
    LOL! 45 on the back. Everything between driver and putter went for a sh**. But it's funny, it kinda snuck up on me. I really didn't feel like I played poorly until I added it up.

That's the thing about Loch March, and why a lot of people are somewhat cool to it, IMO. It really tests the longer shafts in your bag, and the strokes can add up in a hurry if you make a bad swing or decision.
    Last edited by LobWedge; 08-24-2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: more info

LOL! 45 on the back. Everything between driver and putter went for a sh**. But it's funny, it kinda snuck up on me. I really didn't feel like I played poorly until I added it up.

84 from the tips at LM is nothing to sneeze at. Some pretty good playing Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    84 from the tips at LM is nothing to sneeze at. Some pretty good playing Rich.
    I guess, but that course owes me. Someday soon my friend, someday soon...

Thread Information