CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar

Ladies Open @ Huntclub

My folks and I are attending the final round Sunday of the Ladies Open at Huntclub. I've never been to the Hunclub golf course and was wondering, where would the best viewing point be located? We would likely be sitting/standing for the better part of the day and would like to secure a spot that gave us a good view of several holes. We may change our mind and pick a group and follow them the entire round but that may be too much for my parents. Please let me know if anyone can help me out.

Thanks,

Andy
    "Get your smile on!"

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    A lot will depend on how they have the grandstands set up.

I'm a standard bearer so I'll be walking the course starting on Wednesday so I should have a good idea after that.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Andy, from what I can see on the course layout, the 11th & 13th greens are next to each other with no obstructions (trees, stands) in between them. Another good looking spot is right behind the 14th green because it's right near the main road across from the back of the clubhouse, right near a concession stand and washrooms, and just up from the range. There's some nice mounding behind the green, and it's a straightaway par-4 so you'll be able to see the approach shots no problem. My guess is that it will be a popular spot, so you'll want to get there early.

I'm working in scoring control, so I'll probably spend some down time there as well.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    cool thanks
    "Get your smile on!"

5 Iron priorlad is on a distinguished road
    Lobwedge: I'm working Scoring Central in Stats Validation in the scoring trailer. Maybe we'll run across each other during the tournament. I'm scheduled for Thursday and Friday 10:00 am, Saturday 11:00 am and Sunday at 12:00 noon.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by priorlad View Post
    Lobwedge: I'm working Scoring Central in Stats Validation in the scoring trailer. Maybe we'll run across each other during the tournament. I'm scheduled for Thursday and Friday 10:00 am, Saturday 11:00 am and Sunday at 12:00 noon.
    Hey prior, I'm working in Scoring Control, Wednesday and Thursday @ 7:30, Saturday @ 8:30, and Sunday @ 9:00. Looks like we'll be around the same area. I'll be wearing a red shirt, white hat, and beige shorts, LOL!

Send me a PM and let me know who you are, and I'll make sure I find you.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy4Par View Post
    cool thanks
    Hey Andy, I just noticed that the spectator entrance is off of Uplands. The Hunt Club side will be closed off. Parking is on the base though down Canadair Private. The shuttle busses will take you around to the other side. Here's a link to the map of the grounds.

Click here

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    any of the volunteers here, did you buy an extra shirt? how much are they and do you know if they take credit/debit or do you need cash ?

thanks

Monday Qualifier Drew is on a distinguished road

cloths

The shirts were $45. Wind shirts were $65.

Notice To All Volunteers

To all volunteers (in case you didn't already know), this was just confirmed by my Vice-chair. If you're driving your own vehicle to the course, as you know Lot "C" will have a shuttle bus that will drop you off at the main entrance at the North side of the course. If you're arriving by some other means (getting dropped off, OC Transpo, etc.), all volunteers are directed to enter by the North (Uplands/Bowesville) entrance only. The South gate at Hunt Club/Canadair will be closed as of 7:00 am daily. (Security may allow you access through the South gate prior to 7am, but don't bank on it)

Thread Information