CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CN Womens Open

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldred View Post
    H She signed my Canada hockey cap and even mentioned they are the second best team in the world next to Sweden!!

ROFL!!!!!

I hope you told her to stick to golf because she obviously knows nothing about hockey

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    ROFL!!!!!

I hope you told her to stick to golf because she obviously knows nothing about hockey

Hacker, she's one towering player on tour

She definitely a very witty woman for sure.. a couple of times she helped the guys looking for their lost ball along the tree line and said something like "why do I always know where your balls are better than you do..." We got a good chuckles on that. Once we were on one of the green and she saw Ochoa at nearby tee area, they exchange lenghty conversation in spanish, something about candy or chocolate...the crowd just ate it up. She'd bow to all the Korean players she recognized from the fairway... near the end, my wife showed up and I gave her peck on the cheek. Alfredsson just look at me and said "so you're the star now?" This woman really loves what she does. After a day like that, I'm in such a withdraw right now.

7 Wood speeler_kda is on a distinguished road

A few observations from Round 2

Hey,

Just getting back from Round 2 at the Hunt Club. A few observations:

- They almost all hit a draw off the tee
    - I'd guess half the players use an FT-3 or FT-5
    - Most have smooth tempos, they don't try to kill the ball
    - Most are pretty small - Ochoa (tiny arms), Alena Sharp, even Annika appears petite...
    - Lots of very mediocre iron play - lots who missed the green from 100-125, thin shots, fat shots from good lies etc...
    - Most of them are S-L-O-W, especially on the greens. Way too much time lining up with their caddies IMO (except for Christina Kim, blink and you'll miss her)
    - They're constantly taking waggles and practice swings while waiting on the tee.
    - They're very courteous to volunteer and spectators. Ochoa is a class act
    - Michelle Wie is obviously long but way too wild off the tee
    - Best shot I saw - Karin Sjodin nearly stiffing a 4 or 5-iron on No.15 (185yds). She hits Cleveland blades, very impressive...

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Assuming they keep to the standard bearer schedule, you'll be following me as well big guy.

I pulled the shift with Se Ri Pak and Lorena Ochoa.
    Well, the bad news is that they didn't keep to the schedule so I didn't get the Ochoa group.

But wait! The good news is that I ended up with the Kane, Alfredson, Gulbis group.

Definitely one of the most followed groups of the day for obvious reasons.

I have to agree with the who writes for the Sun, Gulbis is definitely hotter in person than on TV. Seriously. I was actually surprised that she looked that good.

From a golfing point of view, she is quite short off the tee but very straight. She has a great attitude on the course though. Happy/positive all day, even after making bogey, and was the only golfer in the group to talk to the volunteers during the round.

From a marketing point of view the LPGA should be happy they have golfers like her, Ochoa, and Creamer.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Well, the bad news is that they didn't keep to the schedule so I didn't get the Ochoa group.

But wait! The good news is that I ended up with the Kane, Alfredson, Gulbis group. .
    You lucky so and so
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Yep, I had a LOT of comments about me being lucky from spectators and other volunteers during the round.

I wonder what I should start the bidding at for the signed golf ball I have.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I have to agree with the who writes for the Sun, Gulbis is definitely hotter in person than on TV. Seriously. I was actually surprised that she looked that good.
    I laughed when I saw you with a big grin on your face. Like a kid standing outside a candy store... a short-skirted, well tanned, candy store.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    I went out today and it was an excellent experience. I went out pretty early to follow Michelle Wie. The first shot I saw by Wie nearly hit me (about two inches from my head) on the par three 17th, her 8th hole. The players were very friendly and I got to speak to a few of them for several minutes after their rounds. Most groups only had a small amount of people following, especially early in the morning. However, this quickly changed once Annika or Lorena showed up. I managed to get almost all of their autographs, including Ochoa, Gulbis, Webb, Wie and Petterson. The only one I didn't manage to get was Annika's, however hopefully I will tomorrow.

They may not hit it as far it looks like they do on tv, but they can definitely play. For the most part they rarely got in trouble off the tee and their iron play was quite good as well. Most worked the ball both ways but as someone noted above, they almost always played a draw off the tee.

I would highly recommend going if you get a chance.

Brian

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    So I'm walking off the course to go home Friday around noon. Michelle Wie was in the press area signing things. So, I pulled off my cap, waiting for her to sign it, and she skips right over me, signs a bunch more stuff, and RELUCTANTLY comes back to sign the brim.

Gotta love making her autograph a hat from her former putter supplier.

Alena Sharp was nice enough to sign, too, but with her Cammie Fastback CT, she didn't hesitate.
    Attached Images

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    So I'm walking off the course to go home Friday around noon. Michelle Wie was in the press area signing things. So, I pulled off my cap, waiting for her to sign it, and she skips right over me, signs a bunch more stuff, and RELUCTANTLY comes back to sign the brim.

Alena Sharp was nice enough to sign, too, but with her Cammie Fastback CT, she didn't hesitate.
    I think you were watching the players on the range beside me today, I recognize the hat :p

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Yep, I had a LOT of comments about me being lucky from spectators and other volunteers during the round.

I wonder what I should start the bidding at for the signed golf ball I have.
    I was one of them.

Did you follow the group the whole day? Needless to say I wasn't looking at the crowd for the most part.

Hey Brian, funny how many forum members I must have walked by without knowing/seeing over the past week.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Yesterday was awesome, I followed:

Sorenstam/Petterson

Then held back a group for:

Wie

Had a bite to eat while waiting for:

Creamer

Followed her for a bit and then watched:

Ochoa/Hull @ 17th and 18th

Brilliant day.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar

These girls can really bomb it

Followed a couple of groups on the final ground on Sunday - Wendy Ward/Grace Park and Wei/Rosales groups on the weekend. These girls can really drive the balls and they are fairly straight.

Wei consistently outdrove Rosales by a good 30-40 yrds...Their iron plays are a bit inconsistently I found.

Overall it is a good price for a sport event (30$ at the gate)...
    Got an unexpected bonus - Wendy gave my daughter her PING hat after the round. Nice girl...she took time to sign and talked to the folks unlike other young stars who just put their heads down ,scribbled something quick so they can get out of there...

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post

Do you think that big Sweat Stain had anything to do with her hesitation???

j/k man but I couldn't resist

Got to add Sorenstam, In-Bee Park and Yani Tseng to the salty-dog hat. Pretty pleased with myself.

Thread Information