100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Eagle dhacker1956 is on a distinguished road

Funniest thing you ever saw a guy do in anger

I was playing with a buddy and he was really stinking the place up. Finally after 10 holes of just the worst this guy had ever played (in my presence)... On eleven tee, a shortish par 5 that has two ponds on both sides of the blind landing area at around 245-270 with only a narrow opening, he figures he has nothing to lose so he goes for it. When we get to where his ball should be, but no ball. After looking for the requisite 5 minutes he drops and promptly dunks another. He then is so livid he can't even see straight. He proceeds to pick up his bag and tosses it in the pond, clubs and all and turns to leave. After walking about 20 yards he thinks better of it and walks over to where his bag is and wades belly deep in the pond, bends over and picks up the bag and walks out of the pond. He then proceeds to unzip the bag take his wallet out of the side pouch and pick up the bag and throw it back in the pond and leave. By this time we are rolling on the ground in laughter!!!

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    I have seen guys throw their clubs, but usually only one at a time,never the whole bag at once. Did he ever come back for them????
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

what are buddies for?

When I saw he wasn't coming back I used a stick to pull them out for him.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I don't mean to offend, but that is the dumbest thing I have heard of...
    When shots don't go as planned, or poor decisions are made, clubs are clearly to blame....

I have to agree... I didn't say I did it. But some people throw clubs, kick their putter or just curse it out.
    I also assume the OEM's are glad people think it is the clubs' fault otherwise they don't ever sell any new stuff!!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    ** and horked on a guys ball...
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Horked??

Not a term I am familiar with?? And Maybe I don't want to be familiar with it judging from the fact it was censored. As I have been told too many times.... "RUDE is not funny!!"

Quote Originally Posted by dhacker1956 View Post
    Not a term I am familiar with?? And Maybe I don't want to be familiar with it judging from the fact it was censored. As I have been told too many times.... "RUDE is not funny!!"
    I wrote something else but basically I peed on the guys ball and then I spat on it because he hit into me. We thought it was hilarious but he didn't...
    willy

Sorry

Sorry if I came off rude to your reply. Sometimes when they censor it screws the message.

Quote Originally Posted by dhacker1956 View Post
    Sorry if I came off rude to your reply. Sometimes when they censor it screws the message.
    I didn't take it as rude at all
    willy

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I watched a guy whack his bag with a club after missing a shot. On the next Par 4, he walks up to the tee with a 4 wood in his hands. I said "Where's the Big Dog?"

He comes back with "The shaft is broken in half, not sure what happened there"

Well I knew right away what happened there

Actually I know another guy who did the same thing, same results! Those carry bags do not offer much protection when you swing a steel shafted iron at them

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    I don't mean to offend, but that is the dumbest thing I have heard of...
    When shots don't go as planned, or poor decisions are made, clubs are clearly to blame....
    Dumb yes.. hilarious... YES!
    willy

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    You're lucky he did not make you eat it....

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    I wrote something else but basically I peed on the guys ball and then I spat on it because he hit into me. We thought it was hilarious but he didn't...
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

MattGrass
    Friend of mine is a hot head and a couple years ago he made it to the 16th green of our local Par 3 course. Walking off after a four putt and a couple of us laughing at him he threw his new, $200 putter towards the next tee box in a high arching loop. Unfortunately the club got stuck in a huge bull pine. With us laughing he then throws his 3 iron up into the tree to get the putter down. It obviously got stuck too, along with the next five clubs he threw up there. He was in a total blind rage, swearing and kicking up a storm with three of us rolling on the ground laughing and encouraging him to keep chucking clubs until he finally screws up and throws his 7 iron directly at the trunk and it snaps in half. In the course of 5-6 minutes he lost four clubs up the tree, including his new putter, broke 4 or 5 clubs on the tree and completely came unglued. Once he calmed down he picked up all the broken pieces and put them into his bag, told us all to f*** off and walked down to his car a drove away.

Right as he left the lot his putter fell out of the tree and I picked it up and put it into my bag. Gave it back to him the next day when he was calmed down.

I cried that day I was laughing so hard.

MattGrass
    A funny thing to try is to stand on the other side of the green with the flag when someone has to make an approach shot to the green from your group. Nice to see someone stick their shot tight and then walk up to realize the pin was in the wrong place. Kinda funny

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    This happened about 10 years ago, I was playing with a pretty good golfer named Bob, well Bob is a hot head at times. He shows us this persimmon driver that he just got back from his club builder after getting refinished. He says my guy says that he's going to kick my arse if I damage this club one more time, it was a beautiful club. So we're on about hole 12 and he tops one into a pond in front of us and I'm thinking here we go!!!! but no he just tees up another ball and swings away and believe it or not tops another one a little farther in the water!!!! Well he just hauls off on the tee marker with his driver thinking it was plastic but nooooooo!!!!!! it was made out of cement and took a gouge out of his nice shiny newly refurbished club. I'll never forget the look on his face when he looked down at his badly marred driver. He looks at me and says "He's going to kill me"!!!!! Well the three of us just fell down laughing which he didn't seem to think was very funny. I never saw that beautiful driver again, I think he was that afraid of his club maker and what he would've done to him if he brought it back in that condition .

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    You're lucky he did not make you eat it....
    whatever, don't hit into people.. wait till its clear before you hit! YOU would not have let him get away with hitting into you (it happened a few holes before as well)
    willy

whatever, don't hit into people.. wait till its clear before you hit! YOU would not have let him get away with hitting into you (it happened a few holes before as well)
    Reasonable discussion will resolve an issue far more than an idiot move such as peeing on the guy's ball. An action such as yours is just asking to escalate the situation. I've hit into people before... accidentally of course. Usually it's because they are all searching for balls in the woods and come back out into the fairway just as we are hitting. It is important to always make sure the group behind you knows you are there .
    I don't know the situation which led to your incident but I do know that the type of guys who hit into groups intentionally are usually also the types of people who are capable of hurting you. Two wrongs do not make a right...
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Meh, discussion is useless. They already hit into us a few holes before. We were stuck behind a slow group and they thought maybe we were slowing them down. Didn't yell anything, nor did they say anything to us on the tee box. Told them they hit into us and said they yelled but we just didn't hear them. Well even if that is the case you shouldn't have hit. They did it again and thats all she wrote. I do believe two wrongs do make a right

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    Reasonable discussion will resolve an issue far more than an idiot move such as peeing on the guy's ball. An action such as yours is just asking to escalate the situation. I've hit into people before... accidentally of course. Usually it's because they are all searching for balls in the woods and come back out into the fairway just as we are hitting. It is important to always make sure the group behind you knows you are there .
    I don't know the situation which led to your incident but I do know that the type of guys who hit into groups intentionally are usually also the types of people who are capable of hurting you. Two wrongs do not make a right...
    willy

BigFlopper
    Meh, discussion is useless. They already hit into us a few holes before. We were stuck behind a slow group and they thought maybe we were slowing them down. Didn't yell anything, nor did they say anything to us on the tee box. Told them they hit into us and said they yelled but we just didn't hear them. Well even if that is the case you shouldn't have hit. They did it again and thats all she wrote. I do believe two wrongs do make a right
    So did they hit into you again after you "coated" their ball?

I do believe two wrongs do make a right
    Yes, I had already gathered that from reading your posts over the years

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    I have a buddy who is huge (used to play nose tackle for Acadia University). Anyway, he isn't the best golfer and is sometimes slow. A foursome playing behind us hit into us on 3 occasions. The last time almost hit my buddy. He goes red and yells at he group but they won't engage. He gets to the green and, after we putt out, he tinkles into the cup. He waited for them at 18 but they never showed.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Life is too short to get all worked up over something that is supposed to be our great recreation.
    Andrew

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I thought these stories were supposed to be funny. These are getting to be inappropriate. Keep it clean please.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Yup... played with a guy and be broke THREE of his clubs in that one fit of anger. Betcha he never did that again!

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    I watched a guy whack his bag with a club after missing a shot. On the next Par 4, he walks up to the tee with a 4 wood in his hands. I said "Where's the Big Dog?"

He comes back with "The shaft is broken in half, not sure what happened there"

Well I knew right away what happened there

Actually I know another guy who did the same thing, same results! Those carry bags do not offer much protection when you swing a steel shafted iron at them

Bouche
    I went searching in a farmers field and got zapped right on the head by the cow wire!! Talk about painfull! Last time I ever tried that but I did find about 15 balls and most were top quality

4 Iron jens is on a distinguished road jens's Avatar

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the best threads I've read on OG. Keep those stories coming!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Bouche getting zapped by the electric fence is a good one.

I remember laughing pretty hard when a fellow competitor was "taken short" unexpectedly at a golf course this spring, he had to make a quick detour into some convenient bushes.
    Andrew

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I was at the Canadian Open a bunch of years back when it was at Angus Glen. Myself and my buddies entered the gate and we went straight to stand along the fairway of either the 9th or 10th hole, I can't remember.

Before I get into the story, a brief description of the hole. A slight dogleg left with a huge, deep bunker right in front of the green. On that day, if I remember correctly, the flag was positioned only a few feet on from the front edge of the green right behind the bunker. The safe play was either left, or be long.

So this guy, can't remember his name, grabs his 4 iron and makes his swing. Looks up and immediately yells, yes I said yells, "Right where you don't want to be...". His reference is to his ball heading straight at the flagstick and the bunker. He obviously knew he didn't hit it well enough as his ball lands in the bunker and rolls up under the lip. He then proceeds to bury his iron past the hosel into the fwy. His poor caddy casually walks up, takes the iron out of the ground, taps down the damage and walks behind his player.

My buddies and I were almost in stitches.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

3 Iron Goshawk is on a distinguished road Goshawk's Avatar
    While playing at a course near New Orleans, I was paired with a bit of a hot head. After playing 2 holes, I was ready to just walk off the course because of his antics when he hit a bad shot (about half the time!). On the 3rd hole, there was a lake lining the right side of the hole (par 5). He hit his 3 wood, totally topped the ball about 30 yards, and watched it hop skip & jump right into the lake. He promptly threw the 3-wood into the lake. 5 seconds later, he ran over to the lake, drop his wallet (so it wouldn't get wet), and dived in. While the 3 of us stood there open mouthed, he surfaced with his 3-wood and 2 other clubs, swam to the edge and got out. It wasn't until he was back at his bag did he notice the gator about 20 feet away sunning himself! I just couldn't force myself to leave after that. You never knew what he was going to do later!!

Thread Information