CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Townhome for sale

And no, I won't accept golf items as partial trade.

ID #19391
    New Listing - OPEN HOUSE Sunday July 27, 2:00 - 4:00

320 Statewood Drive, Morgan's Grant - Kanata
    $279,900
    613-276-2357 jlantier@hotmail.com

**SHOWS LIKE A MODEL HOME**
    Immaculate open concept 3 bedroom Minto Empire townhome less than 2 yrs old offers 1742 sq ft of living space. Beautifully landscaped 32 ft deep backyard with flower gardens and small waterfall. The basement features a fully finished family/rec room with upgraded berber carpet, large window, pot lights, laundry room and storage room. The main floor has a tastefully decorated kitchen with full upgrades including 45* angled backsplash, track lighting, valance trim, angled corner cupboard with glass door and an arched top opening to living room that is accented by a gas fireplace with mantle. The upper level consists of three bedrooms with oversized windows and a main bathroom. The four piece ensuite off the executive sized master bedroom showcases a soaker tub, separate stand up shower, upgraded counter, cabinetry, hardware, mirror and lighting. This tastefully decorated home is situated in Morgan's Grant on a quiet street facing a park on an elevated lot with a view of the Gatineau Hills. Easy access to Highway 417, close to parks, schools, bus routes and shopping. A definite must see!

printable feature sheetadd to favourite listingsremove from favourite listingssend listing to a friend
    Main Level:
    Living/Dining Room: 19' 7 x 11' 6/18' 0
    Kitchen: 10' 0 x 11' 7
    Powder Room: 2 piece

Upper Level:
    Master Bedroom: 13' 2 x 15' 6
    Bedroom 2: 9' 8 x 12' 8
    Bedroom 3: 9' 6 x 12' 0
    Main Bathroom: 3 piece
    Ensuite: 4 piece
    Lower Level:
    Family/Rec Room: 12' 0 x 19' 8
    Laundry/Furnace Room
    Storage Room
    Highlights:
    • Forced air gas furnace with central air, humidifier and programmable thermostat
    • Upgraded berber carpet and 9mm underpadding throughout
    • Upgraded maple railing with cast iron spindles
    • Victorian stained maple hardwood throughout main level
    • Central vaccuum rough-in
    • Extra long driveway, will accomodate two vehicles
    • Upgraded kitchen cabinets, countertop, lighting and hardware
    • Upgraded cabinets, countertops, lighting, hardware and mirrors in ensuite, main bathroom and powder room
    • Pot lighting on main level and basement
    • Freshly painted throughout with designer colours
    • Upgraded baseboards on main level
    • Upgraded window insert in front entrance
    Inclusions:
    Master bedroom ceiling fan, secondary bedroom ceiling fan
    Exclusions:
    Upper staircase chandelier, front foyer light, central vac canister, basement landing wall sconce and accessories
    Negotiable:
    Appliances, draperies and blinds
    Lot Size: 20.34 ft x 104.99 ft
    Garage: Single car
    Type Of Heating: Forced air gas furnace
    Taxes: Approx $2600.00
    Closing Date: Negotiable
    Year Built: 2006
    Rental Equipment: Hot water tank
    Directions:
    Turn left off March Rd onto Terry Fox, right on Flamborough, left on Ipswhich, left on Brady, right on Statewood Dr.

Additional Photos:

Living/Dining Room
    Kitchen

Family/Rec Room
    Master Bedroom

Ensuite
    Backyard
    Floor Plans: (click to enlarge)

All information is supplied by the vendor. Grape Vine cannot be held responsible for any inconsistencies and/or omissions. The prospective purchaser is encouraged to confirm dimensions and other details directly with the owner. All room sizes are approximate. Information is believed to be accurate but not warranted.
    All contents of this web site are Copyright © 1996-2007, Grape Vine Home Marketing Consultants. All rights reserved.
    Web site designed/developed by Colin Mackenzie.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Thats a nice pad Geoff.. Good luck with the sale.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    Thats a nice pad Geoff.. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks buddy. Our asking price is a bit higher than other similar homes in the area, but we've done many more additions than theirs. We are also hoping someone will come along and put in a good offer.

And if you think this is a nice place, you should see the new one. Luckily we don't have to move in until July next year.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

3 Wood dwalker is on a distinguished road dwalker's Avatar
    Where are you moving Geoff? BTW if things don't work out on Grapevine, I can highly recommend the agent that sold my house.
    Slice, hook, or straight down the middle. It all looks the same on the score card.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    thats funny I was going to recommend my agent as well
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Thanks for the offers guys. We've had more calls on the house from agents than we have interested buyers so far.

We're staying in Morgan's Grant. We are actually moving about 500-600yds west of where we are now. Minto is building a block of single homes right beside us. When it comes time to move, we are probably just going to walk our stuff down to the new house.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    i heard that about grapevine - agents call like crazy. I think there is something you can put in your ad, like agent pre-selected or something like that so they know not to call. do a search on buildinghomes.ca for grapevine and you'll find it.

btw, nice place. have you been watching colin and justin's home heist?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    i heard that about grapevine - agents call like crazy. I think there is something you can put in your ad, like agent pre-selected or something like that so they know not to call. do a search on buildinghomes.ca for grapevine and you'll find it.

btw, nice place. have you been watching colin and justin's home heist?

I have no idea what home heist is? And just so we're clear, I had absolutely no input on the decor of the home. I just eat and sleep there.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    it's one of those home fix it up shows - a couple of scottish guys of questionable masculinity come in and redo your house. seriously though your fiancee has done a nice job.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    It looks to me that you don't need to sell it... just keep it and rent it out.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    yup i was gonig to say the same thing, rent it out
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Thanks for the offers guys. We've had more calls on the house from agents than we have interested buyers so far.

We're staying in Morgan's Grant. We are actually moving about 500-600yds west of where we are now. Minto is building a block of single homes right beside us. When it comes time to move, we are probably just going to walk our stuff down to the new house.
    I sold on grapevine last year, and it went well. It took only four weeks to sell... what I found was that if you stage it well and price it fairly - and it looks like you have - all you have to do is schedule your own showings with prospective buyers - something you'd have to do through your agent if you went out and got a realtor. It's well worth the savings - we figure we saved about $17,000 in commission.

Agents will try to tell you that you they have more access to qualified buyers blah blah blah... they may well have quicker access to qualified buyers - but if you're patient, you'll save a lot of dough.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 314314 View Post
    It looks to me that you don't need to sell it... just keep it and rent it out.
    I've done that - and I wouldn't do it again unless I really had no choice.

Carrying two mortgages and being a landlord can get complicated and stressful, and there really isn't a lot of money in it. Plus there is ALWAYS risk when investing in the real estate market, no matter what anyone says.

Personally, there would have to be some other good reason for keeping a house before I would consider renting it out again (i.e, I'm planning to move back into it in a few years). If the market is good, I would just sell and take my money.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I guess it depends on your level of comfort but I would highly recommend keeping the house and rent it. If you don’t want to deal with tenants and the property, you can always hire a company to do it.

So far, I have 3 properties (2 with mortgages) and 1 mortgage free paid by tenants. I don’t have issues sleeping at night. At least give it a try...

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Geoff,

I gotta tell you that the future Mrs. Johnston has style. I really like how she has decorated your place.
    Of course, having no kids running around the place probably helps in keeping things tidy and clean.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I had many friends who sold their house on Grapevine in the past year and they all thought it was a positive experience...and save some cash. That's the route I would go if I ever decide to sell.

Conditionally sold.....

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

Thank God!!! Whatever would I do if you moved away

You know where to find me come moving day if you need a spare set of hands

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Thank God!!! Whatever would I do if you moved away

You know where to find me come moving day if you need a spare set of hands

Thanks for the offer buddy. I think we're going to rent a PODS and slowly fill it up over the next couple of weeks. Saves the hectic rush at the end of the month to get out of the house.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Thanks for the offer buddy. I think we're going to rent a PODS and slowly fill it up over the next couple of weeks. Saves the hectic rush at the end of the month to get out of the house.
    That's a great idea

The offer still stands though if you need it

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    So Grapevine worked for you then? You would recommend it to others?

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    So Grapevine worked for you then? You would recommend it to others?

It did. We thought it would take approx 2-3 months. Sold in about three weeks. Grapevine was great, even the exposure it gave us to agents, if we decided to go that route.

I would definately recommend it. I think we had over 1500-1600 views of our house on GV in the three weeks or so it was posted.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    House ho. Congrats on selling it so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    House ho. Congrats on selling it so quickly.

Thanks buddy. Don't think I'll become a club ho. Too much work constantly packing and unpacking, painting and decorating. We'll be at this one for a while.....well we better.

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Highly recommend PODS. We used them last summer when we had to move out of Barrhaven and our new place wasn't ready until December.
    You can store so much in these containers. Highly recommend you rent the largest container they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensgirl View Post
    Highly recommend PODS. We used them last summer when we had to move out of Barrhaven and our new place wasn't ready until December.
    You can store so much in these containers. Highly recommend you rent the largest container they have.

That's the plan. Hoping we won't have to rent a second one.

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    That's the plan. Hoping we won't have to rent a second one.
    We could of used half of another one.. but thanks to my parents we were able to store things at their place , and then when we moved into the new house so much went out on the curb

Officially sold today. Gonna miss the old house, but looking forward to the new one.

Thread Information