CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    It would make an interesting "survey" question as to whether the "blow-ups" occur more frequently on the front nine (not warmed up) or on the back nine (tired, over heated). For me I think, at this time of year, it would be the latter. In looking back at my last game it seemed that as soon as I teed off on #10 there was a mind-body disconnect and the body did whatever it could or wanted to do regardless of my thoughts.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    For sure it's on the front nine. You go out all confident that your going to blow the course away that you forget what your supposed to do. You end up looking at the 6s and 7s on the first nine and then you wake up----sometimes too late. Like yesterday----48 on the front and 39 in the back
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    This year inconsistency has sometimes been a part of my game. When I recently played in the match play finals, I played very poorly. Had I been keeping score (beyond tracking whether I won or lost the hole), I'm sure that a score in the high 80s was imminent. That was less than two weeks ago. Last Thursday in our Men's Night, I shot a 69 followed by a 70 on Saturday and a 72 on Sunday. I will never figure out this game. All I can hope for is that this magic will continue through this weekend of our club championship.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

I agree

I agree Michael, when we played our match neither of us was burning up the course. This last week it seems like I just take a swing and the ball magically goes where I want it to. I guess it is futile to attempt to figure things out at this point
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

7 Iron sliceleft is on a distinguished road
    I would like to be more inconsistent if it meant that I got one good nine every round. My trouble is that I am very consistent.

BG458
    Try this Irish Hills today 49 on the front and 36 on the back.

Lob Wedge Mightydocb is on a distinguished road
    mmm for me most inconsitant round was a 39 on the front and a 54 on the back. Ouch I even birdied the 10th so you can imagine how many times I used strong language on the last 8 holes.

3 Wood dwalker is on a distinguished road dwalker's Avatar
    This morning at Falcon Ridge, I shot 36 on the front, then blew up on the back with a 46!
    Slice, hook, or straight down the middle. It all looks the same on the score card.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwalker View Post
    This morning at Falcon Ridge, I shot 36 on the front, then blew up on the back with a 46!
    My hero.... I think you better stop taking days off work...
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dwalker View Post
    Nice shooting on the front. The back 9 there is a lot tougher than the front 9, so I wouldn't fret too much about it. The stretch from 10 - 13 features some very narrow fairways, 16 is a tough par 3 and 17 can play very tough if you're not a long hitter.

3 Wood dwalker is on a distinguished road dwalker's Avatar
    You're right, those 4 holes killed me, I was 6 over par after the first 4 holes of the back 9.
    Slice, hook, or straight down the middle. It all looks the same on the score card.

Thread Information