100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    A testament to the quality of the people who play on this tour is that I met someone who was willing to go out of his way to give me a lift to some of the events (George aka 'faldo'). It's a great group of guys.
    How much is Faldo paying you...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    How much is Faldo paying you...
    One pair of those red shorts????

I want to be a solid single digit handicap. All I have to do is improve my short game
    I think that's the most important part of the game and the one we all forget to practice. The lessons help but the more repetitive one's swing gets the better player you become.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    One pair of those red shorts????

I think that's the most important part of the game and the one we all forget to practice. The lessons help but the more repetitive one's swing gets the better player you become.
    I woudn't know where to get those red shorts..... I don't shop at Le Chateau.....

Short game is the only thing I can really practice over the winter, since I live in an apartment building. That's my main reason for thinking my handicap will drop about 5 strokes this season. I haven't ever focused on that part of the game, and spent a lot of time on trying to become a long-ball hitter.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    I have been playing for 8 years. I'm a 7.4 RCGA handicap.
    Bonus is that the regional QGA qualify is at my home course. I will have to bring my A game to qualify.
    That's excellent, I have a suggestion that might help you in qualifying efforts:
    Maybe you should change your signature from never up never in to always up always in. that way you think more positive. just a thought.

Andru
    Very impressive. Even more with only 3 years experience. We should get together this summer and play match-play.

I have been playing for 8 years. I'm a 7.4 RCGA handicap. I am a member at Hautes Plaines (Le Dome). I wad a 6 handicap at the beginning of last year but haven’t played much cause I have a new baby girl. It eats up allot of my golf time.

I started playing competitively last year and its fun. I qualified for the Intersectional and we won hands down. This year I am joining the OVGA. I am hopping to play a couple of tournaments in Montreal this May to get an index to get in the Tunis and a couple of other QGA tournaments in Quebec. Bonus is that the regional QGA qualify is at my home course. I will have to bring my A game to qualify.

I am almost Finnish my renovations in the basement. I will start to practice my chipping and putting very soon.

Can't wait till golf season starts.
    Thanks It's a combination. of sheer determination, no kids, a career oriented wife and a world class practice facility less than 1 km from my home and work.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I would like to compete in amateur events in Canada. How do you get started provided you have the game to do it?

I've never played real competitive golf before. I'm sure it's a different beast from recreational golf. Though I'm pretty strict in regards to the rules of golf. I'm sure the pressure is much different. Anyway. We'll keep in touch and have a battle of EC , or Marshes or whatever. Just not your home course. Ahh what the hell sure if you want at Hautes Plaines.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    I'm glad you mentioned this. I would like to compete in amateur events in Canada. How do you get started provided you have the game to do it?

Anyway. We'll keep in touch and have a battle of EC , or Marshes or whatever. Just not your home course. Ahh what the hell sure if you want at Hautes Plaines.
    Actulally you must be a member of a golf course to play in the OVGA, QGA tournaments. At least up to last year. There is a thread in this forum that says that the QGA is going to host an open tournament in Ottawa for non-member. I have no idea if that's true but it's worth taking a look.

http://www.ottawagolf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3796

You can also take a look at the OVGA and QGA web site for info:

www.ovga.org
    http://www.golfquebec.org

I've never played real competitive golf before. I'm sure it's a different beast from recreational golf. Though I'm pretty strict in regards to the rules of golf. I'm sure the pressure is much different.
    You bet it is. This is where you find out if you swing holds up to pressure. I love competition.

Anyway. We'll keep in touch and have a battle of EC , or Marshes or whatever. Just not your home course. Ahh what the hell sure if you want at Hautes Plaines.
    Any where. As long It's nice Course.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanifi
    That's excellent, I have a suggestion that might help you in qualifying efforts:
    Maybe you should change your signature from never up never in to always up always in. that way you think more positive. just a thought.
    I don't see it as a negative signature. It reminds me to put 17" past the hole. I make more putts that way.

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    I don't see it as a negative signature. It reminds me to put 17" past the hole. I make more putts that way.
    I get it now, I thought it reffers to your short game, up and downing the ball. With a handicap like yours, you shouldn't have much problem to qualify. good luck and let us know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanifi
    I get it now, I thought it reffers to your short game, up and downing the ball. With a handicap like yours, you shouldn't have much problem to qualify. good luck and let us know what happens.
    Thanks! The thing is, to have a chance to qualify I must play two rounds with an index of 5 or lower. This all depends on the competition and let me tell you, it is strong. I am confident but I have to prepare properly.

This forum is addictive!!!!

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    I woudn't know where to get those red shorts..... I don't shop at Le Chateau.....

Short game is the only thing I can really practice over the winter, since I live in an apartment building. That's my main reason for thinking my handicap will drop about 5 strokes this season. I haven't ever focused on that part of the game, and spent a lot of time on trying to become a long-ball hitter.

Dan

sorry guys, as they say in all those MasterCard shorts (!), my red shorts are not available because they are PRICELESS

Andru
    Actulally you must be a member of a golf course to play in the OVGA, QGA tournaments. At least up to last year.
    This sums up everything I hate about golf.

I'm going to join the GAO. They offer a pubic player program with an offical RCGA handicap. That's all I need. Problem. I'll have to establish one quickly to compete. in the early qualifiers.

There are no clubs in my area I really want to join. So I'm going public. There's more travel because the tournaments seem to be in central and south-west ontario.

I'll pm you when I have my game together. Probably June sometime. EC is a nice match play track. Lot's of risk reward holes.

Cheers
    Last edited by Andru; 03-07-2004 at 12:01 PM.

I'll pm you when I have my game together. Probably June sometime. EC is a nice match play track. Lot's of risk reward holes.
    Cheers
    Cool! I have not played EC for a couple of years. I had my first hole in one there, on the 8th hole. It's one of my first favorite courses but it's far for me play often and since I am a Club Link member now, it gets to be expensive to play on different courses.

Match play at EC in Jun!!!!! Looking forward to it.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I'm going to join the GAO. They offer a pubic player program with an offical RCGA handicap. That's all I need. Problem. I'll have to establish one quickly to compete. in the early qualifiers.
    The Ottawa Valley courses are part of the QGA, so a public player membership in the GAO won't allow you to play in qualifying tournaments in the Ottawa area. You will have to head down to central or southwestern Ontario to play in sanctioned tournaments. At least that is the impression I have,

The QGA did come up with a public player program this past year that does ive you some elegibilty into some of the local sanctioned tournaments, but someone reported in this forum that they were having some difficulties signing up.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Thread Information