100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Putter golftownguy is on a distinguished road

Its what ottawa needs....

I got the info. Grand Opening will be open on 8:00 am on April 1st, and it's gonna be huge. Great deals all week long. In terms of service: its not a costco. Golf Town is staffed with nothing but professionals. Professionals in the department they work in and professionals in customer service. Believe me.....you'll see. There will be two brand spanking new simulators with launch monitors (the 1st golf town to have them), and a hitting net for 3 more decks to swing on. The academy will be run by a Class A professional. Not like other stores, the product will be available when you want it, and at the best price. Even if you're not interested in shopping, stop in and watch golf on one of the four 42 inch plasma screens!!!Its gonna be great....finally Ottawa welcomes the new and improved side of golf retail.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    golftownguy,
    I can only guess you work for the company Welcome to the forum.

haha, you got it....i'm a golf towner for sure. But, I'm not using this forum for the purpose of marketing I'm just helping settle the unanswered questions with regards to golf town. Oh ya....coming from Ottawa, exit the 417 on Castle Frank (new exit), turn right. You can't miss it. Everyone at golf town is excited for opening weekend. All the sales reps will be there....it'll be a party. Enjoy.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Welcome to the forum

Glad to hear all the speculation is finally over.
    Great news indeed. Party in Kanata on April fools day?
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar

Thumbs up So can we agree on one thing

Can we agree that Golf Town shall be now deemed as Golf Holy ground?

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar

Almost time

Went out to Mecca (Golf Town) on Sunday afternoon.....pathetic isn't it........it looks like they are almost ready to open

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Allright I need another copy of todays Citizen. I've drooled so much on the full page opening sales for GolfTown tomorrow that I can't read it anymore.............

8am tomorrow!!!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golftownguy
    Even if you're not interested in shopping, stop in and watch golf on one of the four 42 inch plasma screens!!!Its gonna be great....
    Can I order some wings and maybe a couple pitchers of Blue while I'm there?

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio
    Can I order some wings and maybe a couple pitchers of Blue while I'm there?
    They're open .Went at 8 am this AM and I wasn't one of the first 100. Wow. It was packed. There's a respoect golfers have for one another. I made eye contact with several people and I know they were thinking the same thing. "It's 8 am on a thrusday and I'm standing in a golf store"

Anyway, bought a pair of Footjoys. Nice deal. Could have spent 2 hours buying stuff. It was awesome. I'm very happy they're in the city.

Check it out.

Cheers

Big_duck
    Went at noon today (Thursday). That place is pretty awesome, I don't ever remember being in a Golf store that had an entire isle (both sides) with nothin' but tees.

I wanted to get a Steehead III 5 wood to go with my 3 and 7 unfortunatly they were all (RH) gone. The salesman I talked to said the disappeared almost as soon as the place was open.

Oh well, still picked up some nice shirts and some 1/2 price Callaway balls.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck
    Went at noon today (Thursday). That place is pretty awesome, I don't ever remember being in a Golf store that had an entire isle (both sides) with nothin' but tees.

I wanted to get a Steehead III 5 wood to go with my 3 and 7 unfortunatly they were all (RH) gone. The salesman I talked to said the disappeared almost as soon as the place was open.

Oh well, still picked up some nice shirts and some 1/2 price Callaway balls.
    Darn. I knew I should have grabbed one while I was there. Ahh well. There's a replacement coming out for the steelhead III so I suspect they'll have more to sell.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

GolfTown

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    Haven't seen or heard much on this lately, has anyone heard when the place might open and where it will be located???
    WOW! I went today and WOW! I've been to the one in Montreal, but this is is much better, bigger, more choices for everything and boy was it crowded.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Oh good - I first discovered Golf Town in Toronto (near hwy 7) and was somewhat disappointed when I visited the store in Montreal. Sounds like it has the wow factor that I experienced my first time. I think I'll head out tomorrow night to check it out.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    WOW! I went today and WOW! I've been to the one in Montreal, but this is is much better, bigger, more choices for everything and boy was it crowded.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmason31
    Oh good - I first discovered Golf Town in Toronto (near hwy 7) and was somewhat disappointed when I visited the store in Montreal. Sounds like it has the wow factor that I experienced my first time. I think I'll head out tomorrow night to check it out.

Mike
    Visited the store today. Great selection and wonderful staff. I was especially impressed with one fellow who provided advice on a possible shaft selection while I was testing out a Wilson Staff Tour Blade Iron on their simulator. The simulator is the best I've seen. Prices are mixed. There are some really good discounts on selected clubs. Otherwise, prices for clubs, balls, bags and gloves appear reasonable but not really that low. All in all, a very nice spot.

what a weekend!!!

It started out on Thursday morning 7:00am.....what an awesome day! 14 hours later and all the staff were still going strong. Happy to see all you golfers of all levels come out, and happy to hear such a positive response. Sounds like most of the visitors in the store have been waiting for Golf Town for way too long. It really is the place to be for golf...whether its me working there, or you coming in to look at the product or just chat. Thanks for comin' in to check it out and hope to see you all you guys again. cheers.

Before I Forget!

Hey Andru, the replacement for the steelhead III is already on the market. Its the 2004 Big Bertha line (Titaniun Driver and Steel fwy woods with the famous war bird sole plate). Forgiveness like never before.
    OUT.

Thread Information