CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road

Anyone Have Update on GolfTown ??

Haven't seen or heard much on this lately, has anyone heard when the place might open and where it will be located???

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Michael]Haven't seen or heard much on this lately, has anyone heard when the place might open and where it will be located???[QUOTE]

I was told 1 april by their staff in Montreal..

Fairway Junkie CDELA is on a distinguished road CDELA's Avatar

Golftown

The new Golftown will be in the same complex as the AMC theaters in Kanata.I was told by Golftown staff (Scarborough) a couple of weeks ago that it would be opening March 16.But I was in there on Monday,talking to different staff,and was advised there were delays,and the expected opening was slated for mid April.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by CDELA
    The new Golftown will be in the same complex as the AMC theaters in Kanata.I was told by Golftown staff (Scarborough) a couple of weeks ago that it would be opening March 16.But I was in there on Monday,talking to different staff,and was advised there were delays,and the expected opening was slated for mid April.
    Yeah just by looking at the building it looks like April. There's still work to be done.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    From a friend who has been hired to work there, the original opening was to have been April 1, however, it may be a week or two later.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Hmm! If you walked into the new Golf Town and saw 500 bags on the floor, you would probably be in awe, and about 1000 bags out.

If you went to the club wall and saw 100 sets of $1000 clubs, you would be impressed, and about $900,000 out.

If you felt that the store should have installed a launch monitor with all the appropriate graphics, would you will be happier if they had two of them?

Negotiate your best price elsewhere and get it for 5% less at Golf Town.

If you live in the east end, then maybe a Golf Town will appear in the not to distant future.

Rumours, just rumours. I like starting rumours.

Lob Wedge eye2's is on a distinguished road

Question

Will the prices be all that much lower at Golftown? I noticed while watching the golf on the weekend that they were advertizing last year's Taylor Made woods for $387. Sounds good except didn't Chuck Brown's have them on sale for $199 last month and earlier this winter Sports Experts had them on for $299.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road

Talking

Just to let you know the GolfTown sign was going up at their new store. Going to be a very good sized store in the Centrium Mall.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by eye2's
    Will the prices be all that much lower at Golftown? I noticed while watching the golf on the weekend that they were advertizing last year's Taylor Made woods for $387. Sounds good except didn't Chuck Brown's have them on sale for $199 last month and earlier this winter Sports Experts had them on for $299.
    Those are the non-conforming models, It's not really the price ,it's the selection that's sets it apart. If the store in Kanata is anything like the stores on other cities they have more putters than most stores have clubs.

Gap Wedge pwr_fade is on a distinguished road

Talking

Anyone know what the sales guys make? Are they hourly or on commison? How much of a discount does the staff get? Just wondering, because your in the shop all day looking at clubs talking golf ...but your not on the course....lol That must suck!!

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by pwr_fade
    Anyone know what the sales guys make? Are they hourly or on commison? How much of a discount does the staff get? Just wondering, because your in the shop all day looking at clubs talking golf ...but your not on the course....lol That must suck!!
    No kidding.

Gap Wedge TheBigEasy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    Haven't seen or heard much on this lately, has anyone heard when the place might open and where it will be located???

Iwas told by there head office it was opening at the end on march

4Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigEasy
    Iwas told by there head office it was opening at the end on march
    Their Sign is now on the building! Looks like it will be opening REAL soon

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Iron
    Their Sign is now on the building! Looks like it will be opening REAL soon
    I wonder if they're going to buy ad time on Kevin Hamie's radio show. That will be interestgin he's been in bed with T&L for so long. Does he denie them fair coverage?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    T&L has an exclusive "golf related" contract. Last year we wanted to advertise the OttawaGolf Club on Kevin's show, but the ad director was adamant that since our product was golf related, the answer was "No".

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    T&L has an exclusive "golf related" contract. Last year we wanted to advertise the OttawaGolf Club on Kevin's show, but the ad director was adamant that since our product was golf related, the answer was "No".
    That seems ridiculous since you're really not direct competition to T&L.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Gee, that's what I said.

3 Wood wopstergolf is on a distinguished road wopstergolf's Avatar
    The thing about the prices is that the stores are not allowed to sell certain items for less than a specified price. For instance, Callaway, Taylormade, Titleist and all the other major brands have limits on how much their stuff can be sold for. Most discounts that can be had a golf town on the expensive stuff could probably be negociated at different stores. The difference comes in the mid to low end equipment. That can be sold at whatever the retailer sees fit.

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar
    After working in the retail industry for a couple of years, and selling golf equipment, I've observed the bull$#% that comes along with manufacturer suggested retail prices.
    Some companies, like Nike, TM, Titleist, offer horrible mark-downs on their cost, which is why you don't see much of thier equipment at smaller golf stores, like sports ex, sport chek, sport mart, etc.. Chuck Browns and GolfTown(progolf also) are the only golf stores that can cover themselves on the small profit made on that equipment.
    The only time you can get a good price on the big name equipment is when they are discontinued, and by that time, no one wants them. All of this makes it impossible to negotiate with Golftown and other big golf stores. If you're patient enough, you'll find good deals, I don't think Golftown will have a big effect on the situation here in ottawa. The biggest thing about Golftown is the Drool-Factor!!

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

policy change?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Dan, The Team may have changed their policy or revised the contract with T&L because I heard several spots for the Executive Golf Club duriing Haime's show this week.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Gap Wedge divotguy is on a distinguished road
    Drove by the store today. The wall racks are loaded with clubs! Lots of clothes on display cases near the front. Must be opening soon....

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4jag
    Dan, The Team may have changed their policy or revised the contract with T&L because I heard several spots for the Executive Golf Club duriing Haime's show this week.
    Likewise here... Heard them this morning. Also heard some other golf shop commercials and Master's Club commercials as well...

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Anyone know if it is opening this week or have a number to call??? Sent an e-mail through the golftown website about 10 days ago, but have had no response.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    You'd think there be a member on the forum who's working there that might have some dates since this forum is the centre of the online Ottawa golf universe. Anyone? I guess we're all anxious. I'm doing my best as I'm trying to gain part-time work there.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice
    You'd think there be a member on the forum who's working there that might have some dates since this forum is the centre of the online Ottawa golf universe. Anyone? I guess we're all anxious. I'm doing my best as I'm trying to gain part-time work there.
    I thought about that as well. I think I'd rather play golf on the evenings and weekends.

It would be really disapointing if this location didnt' live up tot he others after all the anticipation. I don't think so. The building looks huge.

Quote Originally Posted by divotguy
    Drove by the store today. The wall racks are loaded with clubs! Lots of clothes on display cases near the front. Must be opening soon....
    Does anyone know whether you can get service at GolfTown or is it a warehouse operation something like COSTCO?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

they've got everything...

Quote Originally Posted by eye2's
    Does anyone know whether you can get service at GolfTown or is it a warehouse operation something like COSTCO?
    in terms of service, hitting areas, on-site lessons, and more selection than you could ever imagine etc. etc. My experience in Toronto is that the service is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    in terms of service, hitting areas, on-site lessons, and more selection than you could ever imagine etc. etc. My experience in Toronto is that the service is quite good.
    Thanks - I look forward to the opening.

Gap Wedge divotguy is on a distinguished road
    Just visited the Golftown web site. You can sign up to their Newsletter and get a FREE golf analysis with a CPGA pro!

https://secure.golftown.com/leaderboard/signup1.asp

I don't know how good the lessons are, but I like the price! :blush

Putter Brown is on a distinguished road Brown's Avatar

Thumbs up April 1st

On Saturday I sent an email to the marketing@golftown.com link on their website asking when the Kanata store was scheduled to open. I got the reply this morning and they are still saying April 1st.

Thread Information