Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
Hi;

I am at about the same level as you and I would not think about it until I was in the low 80's all the time.
I read an interesting article by a pro in the States, and he proposes that you play the course as it was designed. By that he means that if you cant hit the green in regulation, move up. And he means up, if you cant get onto the green on a par 4 with 2 shots, get on the red tees. At his club he says the novice golfers enjoy the game a lot more, as The Schtick said, its fun to go for an eagle or birdey.
He makes a lot of sense, you are supposed to have fun, and scoring 9's is not fun.
Now if I can just figure out how to hit from the red tees without a skirt Ill be fine

Rusty
That makes good sense too. I played Doral at the Master's Club this weekend from the blues and shot 88. Only difference was the club selection, and I happen to be very solid and consistent with a 5W, so my 200-yard approaches landed about 5 ft - 15 ft from the pin.

I think I'll test the waters this season and see where I enjoy playing from. Then I'll post my results in here to see how the scientific analysis of teebox selection went.

Dan