100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Iron TP Tomi is on a distinguished road

The ALDILA GOLF NVS65 ORANGE vs Green

I've heard that the orange shaft is not as stiff as the green shaft ..
    Any feedback from you guys?

Thanks ..
    “There is no similarity between golf and putting; they are two different games one played in the air, and the other on the ground.” Ben Hogan ..

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    The NVS (Orange) has a higher launch and is not quite as stiff feeling, though whether or not it is not as stiff remains to be seen. The NV (Green) is a lower launch shaft. It depends on the ball flight you are looking for. I have the NVS in my R7 and love it, great feel, and suits my swing. I've also had the NV before and did like it, though not quite as much as the NVS.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thanks Jeff, yeah .. ok, higher launch then .. as opposed to the NV Green.

I'm having problems with a certain driver. The Taylor Made Burner Draw,
    and the Taylor Made Burner 460 TP .. from what I understand, the TP has .335 tip
    as opposed to the Draw, which is .350. Nevertheless, I can't hit either one!

I bought the Draw version in 9.5 with a regular shaft. Jeeez! What was I thinking?
    Everything in my bag is stiff (or firm I should say) as my driver SS is like 90mph.
    Ok .. So, I buy the TP version as the face is atleast 1* open .. and I got the 10.5 in stiff.
    Still .. cant hit it .. however, the dispersion pattern is much better then that of the non TP version.
    But it's like impossible for me to draw this damn thang!

I sold my r7 TP which had the NVS orange in stiff in it .. I could draw that club at will.
    I'm now thinking about re-shafting this TP Burner .. but .. with what? Maybe another NVS Orange?

Anyone have any idea what shaft would fit this girlie-man swing of mine? I've always been a *tweener*,
    and it's really frustrating.

One would think I'd be yanking the reg shaft (which freaks at 235 cpm on my mitchell)
    The stiff freaks at 251 and both are 46".

I can draw any club in my bag, cept this Burner .. damnit! I don't wanna find another head,
    I love this head .. specially the TP version .. it just looks sooo nice at set-up.

I'm looking at an AccuFLEX VS VS339 R Flex .. but with a torque of 2.8 .. could I hit that?

I'm so confused ..
    “There is no similarity between golf and putting; they are two different games one played in the air, and the other on the ground.” Ben Hogan ..

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Tomi, the shaft won't make you draw the ball. There is obviously a fault in your swing. As opposed to trying to find a magic shaft to make you draw the ball, see a qualified teaching pro and find out where the issue is with your swing.

I'm the same way, fade the driver and fwy wds, but can draw the ball with irons if need be.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 07-24-2008 at 05:51 PM.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thanks again Geoff .. but it's frustrating that I'm drawing everything else in my bag.
    Even so much as snap hooking some, just trying to see if I can ..

I just got thru talking with Joe at our local golf shop, and he says that the shafts in these clubs,
    both have the RE AX Superfast 50 gram shafts, are really good quality shafts.
    I've never had any good experiances with OEM shafts from any factory.

I'm finding it unreal that it's my swing .. only with my driver? Maybe .. but not to argue,
    I really don't think so .. something is up with these shafts! Joe said that the regular in the non TP
    is lagging and causing the head to stay open .. and that the TP might be too open of a face for me ..

I just know that I hit the r7 TP fine with that NVS65, but when I hit the demo of the Burner Draw
    in a regular 9.5 .. I killed it! I know that no two shafts are the same, and I'd just like to find that combo
    that will work out for me ..

I really think I'm gonna pull the shaft outta the TP, and install that AccuFLEX VS 339.
    Joe said he'd tip it a full inch .. while I was thinking a half inch at most, then butt cut it to 45' instead of 46".

Lordy Lordy .. I really didn't wanna go thru with this ..

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by TP Tomi View Post
    Thanks again Geoff .. but it's frustrating that I'm drawing everything else in my bag.
    Even so much as snap hooking some, just trying to see if I can ..

I just got thru talking with Joe at our local golf shop, and he says that the shafts in these clubs,
    both have the RE AX Superfast 50 gram shafts, are really good quality shafts.
    I've never had any good experiances with OEM shafts from any factory.

I'm finding it unreal that it's my swing .. only with my driver? Maybe .. but not to argue,
    I really don't think so .. something is up with these shafts! Joe said that the regular in the non TP
    is lagging and causing the head to stay open .. and that the TP might be too open of a face for me ..

I just know that I hit the r7 TP fine with that NVS65, but when I hit the demo of the Burner Draw
    in a regular 9.5 .. I killed it! I know that no two shafts are the same, and I'd just like to find that combo
    that will work out for me ..

I really think I'm gonna pull the shaft outta the TP, and install that AccuFLEX VS 339.
    Joe said he'd tip it a full inch .. while I was thinking a half inch at most, then butt cut it to 45' instead of 46".

Lordy Lordy .. I really didn't wanna go thru with this ..

Good luck with your search. Like I stated, I'm in the same boat as you. Can draw irons, but not the woods. Hope the VS339 works for you.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Just got back from Golf Galaxie, and spoke with Joe again .. he said to come in and he'd take a look.
    I brought both clubs in with me. When I was here at home I cpm'd both shafts.
    Funny thing is, the stiff shaft (with the TP head) would read out a low # at first.
    After re-setting, it would rate out at 250 .. every time .. The regular just read out nice and quick at 235.

I go to see Joe, he has the same problem with the TP shaft, giving a low # first .. everytime,
    then, reading out fine .. He felt that there was a problem with the TP shaft ..

They had me hit in the cage .. mind you, this is a $60,000 cage that shows you everrrythiing!
    My SS was right on the money .. 88,89 - 92,93 .. not once did I get it above that.
    Even swinging outta my shoes .. it never got higher.
    My swing path was always inside out .. and the ball flight would produce a slight fade,
    sometimes dead straight.

I remember when I worked at a shop in South Florida, Chi Chi used to come in with Sarg every week.
    He'd have me blow his grips off, and wrap lead tape (1/4 inch) under the grip from top to bottom.
    That would change the swingweight quite a bit. I started doing it to my irons and even some customers clubs.
    I asked Joe if he'd blow the grip off and do the same. We weighed it out first at D5!
    He blew the grip off and wrapped the shaft, re-installed the grip, I waited a few minutes and we got D2.

I went back into the cage about 20 min later, and the thing felt sooo much better.
    I even pulled one into the woods on the left .. I actually loved that I did that LOL!
    For the most part, I was left of where I was earlier, and I did'nt feel the head as much.

I have a tournament to play in tomorrow, and I'd like to think that we sorta band-aided this for the moment.

3 people that work there, one who is a class A pro, one a PCS .. and the other a salesman who is a 1 hdcp
    all agreed that it wasn't my swing.
    For the most part, they all mentioned that the regular was wayyy to soft for me
    as the images of the swing-path on the screen showed the face staying open, even after impact,
    while the stiff they said might have been just a tad bit too stiff for me ..

I really loathe being a *tweener* ..

However, the stiff shaft (and we both agreed) might have an issue, as it refuses to show the true cpm right away.
    I did'nt mention anything to Joe about that when I brought it in .. He uses a Maltby cpm machine
    and I wanted to see if the stiff shaft did the same thing to him, as it did to me on my Mitchell ..
    he was quite "perplexed" by that also. He also agreed that if I was to re-shaft, the NVS65 would be a good one.

But the club does feel much better balanced at D2 .. for now .. we'll see what happens tomorrow after the tournament ..

Thanks Geoff .. I was hoping others would chime in on this matter .. but .. you've been a good shoulder to cry on LOL!

Thread Information