100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    3 Wood Rough Stuff is on a distinguished road
    Last thing I'm going to say:

(I notice you didn't really address the lewd and sexually graphic nature of the Pride Parade)

Just like loud americans, the one you notice are the lewdly dressed ones. There are plenty of gay men who dress in 3 piece suits...

And the reason "pride" is attached to it is not because of who they are, its because they can march with pride, when not long ago they would have been beaten for it, and are still beaten in dark alleys today...

Walk a mile in someone's shoes, man, that's all I can say. Its like war: its easy to condone a war when all you have to do is watch video tape on CNN or pay taxes to buy a cruise missile. But when towers start to fall, its a bit scarier. If you were gay, black, any kind of minority, you might think "Oh, I was wrong, I've had a spoiled life by world standards". Canadians forget, on a world scale, were rich rich rich. Within our niche, if you're a white male, you've even better off.

All we do is complain about golf, taxes, hockey, new stores and the weather...pretty easy.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    Is it me or she (or he) cute? I know I'm taking a big chance admitting this
    Well, here's an article on how to meet women on the golf course that you may find useful:

http://www.badgolfer.com/departments...lfing-mojo.htm

Rough Stuff: it includes a section on pants.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rough Stuff
    Last thing I'm going to say:

(I notice you didn't really address the lewd and sexually graphic nature of the Pride Parade)

Just like loud americans, the one you notice are the lewdly dressed ones. There are plenty of gay men who dress in 3 piece suits...

And the reason "pride" is attached to it is not because of who they are, its because they can march with pride, when not long ago they would have been beaten for it, and are still beaten in dark alleys today...

Walk a mile in someone's shoes, man, that's all I can say. Its like war: its easy to condone a war when all you have to do is watch video tape on CNN or pay taxes to buy a cruise missile. But when towers start to fall, its a bit scarier. If you were gay, black, any kind of minority, you might think "Oh, I was wrong, I've had a spoiled life by world standards". Canadians forget, on a world scale, were rich rich rich. Within our niche, if you're a white male, you've even better off.

All we do is complain about golf, taxes, hockey, new stores and the weather...pretty easy.
    For the most part I don't disagree with that, other than the need to march at all. The premise for tolerance was that it was nobody's business what goes on in the bedroom. Why is it my business all of a sudden?

BTW, I'm not really Canadian, I'm Czech. I wear that distinction with "pride" (although there's no parade because there's no need for one). Walking a mile in someone else's shoes will do little other than give me blisters, and that could affect my swing....

Again, I'd like to point out that I said very little against anyone's freedom of choice. I just find it comical that if I choose to dislike or condemn something, I am plastered with the same types of labels that these minority groups fought so hard to remove from themselves (ie: redneck, racist, homophobe or whatever the case may be), when all I'm really doing is exercising my own freedom of choice.

Believe me when I tell you that I am certainly prejudiced (because like you said, we're all prejudiced/bigotted/biased in some way shape or form). I'm not a stupid person, I can recognize when I make a judgment based on something pre-conceived.

I am of the belief that if you want equality, you have to stop looking at people in terms of "groups" and start looking at them as individuals. I've managed to govern my life that way for the most part, and find that I've made deeper, more meaningful relationships with people that way. I've got a great deal of friends from different walks of life (albeit no trans-sexuals yet) who contribute to my life with their own unique perspectives and points of view. I consider myself lucky in this.

The problem is that you can't make a damn joke about anything nowadays without offending somebody, and quite frankly I prefer to have some humour in my life, regardless of that. If you can't take a joke, you're probably too self-absorbed to be my friend anyways (of course in this I don't mean you personally).

At any rate, this has outrun its course, so let's just agree to disagree on some of the fundamental points in this thread and go on talking about golf....

How about the modifications to the GREEN MONSTER @ Doral? Man, that's a gorgeous course.....

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Rough Stuff: it includes a section on pants.
    Hey, perfect...I hope Hanifi doesn't bring it to my attention 50 times.

Let's see if Rough Stuff, BC MIST and I agree on this:

Beer and golf are good.

Cheers, no hard feelings.

Wow, went from LW to 8-iron in one day.... Damn, I need something to keep me busy for roughly 3-5 hours a day.... Hmm........ Sex-change, political debate or golf?

Dan

Hey, perfect...I hope Hanifi doesn't bring it to my attention 50 times.
    I was wondering when you'd mention that........

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Beer and golf are good.
    Sorry, I disagree: beer and golf are great.

Sorry, I disagree: beer and golf are great.
    DamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDamnDa mnDamn

I finally have to concede something in this thread.........

YOU WIN ROUGH STUFF!!!!!!!!

Dan

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Rough Stuff: As you and I seem to be "minorities," in the way we look at things, I think it would be neat to get together for a game, sometime during the upcoming season.

Perhaps we could invite broken27 to join us to continue this conversation, as long as there was an agreement beforehand that no blood would be shed.

As a gesture of good faith, we would let him choose the tees from which to play, however, if playing for a buck or two, we would not tolerate any liberal bending of the rules.

The beer will be on me.

I'm serious.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

This is much better

Nice to see we're all getting along in here now. It's amazing how golf will still be a gentleman's game and something that we can all agree on ................ we all love the game.

The beer will be on me.
    How does one get in on this as I love my golf but I also love my beer.???
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    Rough Stuff: As you and I seem to be "minorities," in the way we look at things, I think it would be neat to get together for a game, sometime during the upcoming season.

Perhaps we could invite broken27 to join us to continue this conversation, as long as there was an agreement beforehand that no blood would be shed.

As a gesture of good faith, we would let him choose the tees from which to play, however, if playing for a buck or two, we would not tolerate any liberal bending of the rules.

The beer will be on me.

I'm serious.
    I'm always up for a round of golf, some beer, and good discussion. Quite frankly, I think that outside the electronic "podium", we'd all find that we're not too far off in our beliefs. It's just impossible to convey things like sarcasm and voice inflection in type.

Let me know, I'm definitely up for any reason to tell my wife "I'm going golfing". Gets me away from the twins too.....

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    Rough Stuff: As you and I seem to be "minorities," in the way we look at things, I think it would be neat to get together for a game, sometime during the upcoming season..... I'm serious.
    Definitely. I'll PM you and Broken...I'm about to be dislodged from the site. How about inviting Ty Webb too, he's a nice guy. Steve Karam can come for the pitchers after...(sorry, 5's a crowd)

RS

Definitely. I'll PM you and Broken...I'm about to be dislodged from the site. How about inviting Ty Webb too, he's a nice guy. Steve Karam can come for the pitchers after...(sorry, 5's a crowd)

RS
    Heck, depending on where you guys want to play, 5 or 6 isn't too bad. Dragonfly (for example) rarely has so much traffic that you would be slowing people down. Mind you, they have no clubhouse. I like that, however, because they allow you to bring your own beers..... At least, they never said anything to me about it.... Beer store right up the road from the course too....

Dan

Thread Information