100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

MS Links 2003 Courses

Of course, I already have a pile of courses, including Stonebridge, Eagle Creek and Ottawa Great 18. Firstly, I'm not at all sure if the Eagle Creek I have is the one in the region. Secondly, with the exception of Stonebridge and Ottawa Great 18, I have become bored with the courses I have.

Anyone have any recommendations for some good courses?

Thanks,
    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Dan,

The Eagle Creek one, if it is the same, is not the Eagle Creek that is local. I was in cointact with someone who was building it for Links, but have not been able to get a hold of them for a long time

Other real Canadian courses that you might want to try are Links of Crowbush Cove, Glen Abbey, Royal Montreal, and Links of Ingonish.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Dan,

Other real Canadian courses that you might want to try are Links of Crowbush Cove, Glen Abbey, Royal Montreal, and Links of Ingonish.
    Where can one get the above named courses? Playing courses I have been to or played is always a balst.

Quote Originally Posted by powerlefty
    Where can one get the above named courses? Playing courses I have been to or played is always a balst.
    I download mine from Links Corner. You can do a search for real courses. There's a bunch from the US including Bethpage Black, Augusta, Doral, etc.

Lots of downloading I'm afraid.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar

Links 2004

I just wanted to confirm with someone that I should not have any problems playing any of the courses designed for Links 2003, in the 2004 version of the game???

I know that the game should be backwards compatable, but sometimes a newer game will not process the old games as well. I really don't think that it should be a problem as these two games are fairly recent.

Thanks in advance.
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmore
    I just wanted to confirm with someone that I should not have any problems playing any of the courses designed for Links 2003, in the 2004 version of the game???

I know that the game should be backwards compatable, but sometimes a newer game will not process the old games as well. I really don't think that it should be a problem as these two games are fairly recent.

Thanks in advance.
    The only version of Links 2004 that I know about is for the X-box, not the PC. Is there a new PC version coming out? I don't believe you can use the PC games on the X-Box version.
    Colby

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The next Links for the PC is supposed to be Links 2005. The course 2003 - 2005 course compatibility issue is a hot topic at Links Corner. Nobody knows really becaus MS hasn't said yet what to expect. All we relly know is that 2005 will be ore like the x box (3d) which may make converting the objects like trees and bushes (2d) a big problem. We'll see.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Downloading Courses

There are hundreds of very good courses legally accessible for free download on the Net. One good place to start is Links Corner at www.linkscorner.com. Once at the site, click on "courses" and you will be taken to their huge list of courses. Before being able to download courses, though, you will have to obtain (again for free) a Game Spy ID. The first time you try to download you will be directed to that site and you should have no problem signing up. The courses are play rated, and that should provide you with some helpful guidance on which to download.

I have hundreds of courses (about 3 gigs) from LinksCorner, but randomly downloading them, or basing it on what someone posts on the site is often difficult. Besides which, I would rather play courses that people recommend in this forum, as it's a relatively informed group from what I can see...

Will try those recommended above, but if you have a favourite, feel free to keep listing good ones.

Thanks.

Dan

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    I always download my courses from www.sportplanet.com. I recommend that site becuase it's really easy to find exactly what you are looking for and you have multiple ways to download so in general, it's much faster. All of the above mentioned courses are there.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Links golf courses that are downloaded from sportplanet.com are actually downloaded from linkscorner.com. The sportplanet site is linked to linkscorner in that regard. When you go through sportplanet to get a course, you are downloading it from linkscorner.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare
    Links golf courses that are downloaded from sportplanet.com are actually downloaded from linkscorner.com. The sportplanet site is linked to linkscorner in that regard. When you go through sportplanet to get a course, you are downloading it from linkscorner.
    Can we get the words "sportsplanet" and "linkscorner" into a post more often than that?

Just teasing bud. You're right, they come from linkscorner for the most part. I was really looking for specific suggestions, not download sites. I have tons of courses, but I'm tired of them. I want to see what you guys recommend course-wise.

Thanks though.

Dan

Anything by Mike Jones - well worth the $3 download

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Anything by Mike Jones - well worth the $3 download
    Would you be able to drop me a few names of courses he's done? Or does he have a personal site?

Dan

Talking

Be warned, after playing Mike's courses, everything else sucks.
    http://www.mikejgolfdesign.com/?id=5&cid=1

A couple of great free courses
    Merion East Very detailed PGA stop
    Te lhi O Te Rangi Fantasy, very imaginative, best waterfalls yet
    The Pinnacle Great layout, well constructed. Very nice course. I thought the put palm trees in the desert, and a snowcovered mountain close by were a bit unrealistic, but look cool.

There is a team of top designers (including Mike Jones) working on Augusta 2004 due out before the Masters. Screenshots are the best I have seen. It will be free. All real courses are free.

PS Thanks for the call, Dan. I'll get in touch with them.

Thread Information