CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road

Bigger Story: Harrington wins British with one wrist or Tiger wins US on one leg?

Ok... let's hear it!!!

Tiger won with a sore knee.

Harington won with a sore wrist after being unable to play a practice round on the Wednesday.

Which victory is more impressive?

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Since you asked, Tiger. No comparison.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Tiger, not even close. Harrington even said after the round that it wasn't bothering him

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Harrington's win IMO.

The pressure of being the defending champion with the hopes of all Ireland riding on his shoulders. Being the first European to defend the title in over a century.

The weather conditions were brutal. You ever try hitting a golf shot in a 40 MPH wind? Trust me it isn't easy.

Woods knew the course like the back of his hand. Big advantage right there. No high winds, no rain or cooler temperatures. Plus let's face the facts. Woods was expected to win.

Plus do we really know how sore Paddy's wrist really was? Sure he said it was not much of a factor, but do we really truly know?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Harrington's win IMO.

The pressure of being the defending champion with the hopes of all Ireland riding on his shoulders. Being the first European to defend the title in over a century.

The weather conditions were brutal. You ever try hitting a golf shot in a 40 MPH wind? Trust me it isn't easy.

Woods knew the course like the back of his hand. Big advantage right there. No high winds, no rain or cooler temperatures.

Plus do we really know how sore Paddy's wrist really was? Sure he said it was not much of a factor, but do we really truly know?
    One dude who was playing with stress fractures and a torn acl, while the other dude shows nary a sign of pain. Unless we see Harrington going under the knife in the next couple of days it's not in the same ballpark.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    One dude who was playing with stress fractures and a torn acl, while the other dude shows nary a sign of pain. Unless we see Harrington going under the knife in the next couple of days it's not in the same ballpark.
    Agreed. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    One dude GB absolutely hates and the other...............doesn't much matter, see part one of this statement

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    One dude GB absolutely hates and the other...............doesn't much matter, see part one of this statement
    Once again another member of this forum has put words in my mouth. When will this stop?

Come on Scott you have to admit, as a golfer that Paddy played a heck of a final round in those tough conditions. As did Poulter, who finished second.

I am entitled to my opinion. You are entitled to yours but please do not make the statement that I absolutely hate Tiger Woods.

I am entitled to my opinion. You are entitled to yours but please do not make the statement that I absolutely hate Tiger Woods.
    Fair enough, but it doesn't seem like you like him very much.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Once again another member of this forum has put words in my mouth. When will this stop?

Come on Scott you have to admit, as a golfer that Paddy played a heck of a final round in those tough conditions. As did Poulter, who finished second.

Come on Rick, your actions speak louder than my words..........that said, Paddy did indeed play one heck of a final round, I certainly won't debate you on that mon ami

Thread Information