100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

How Popular is Tiger?

This is unreal---Padrig wins and there are no postings. If Tiger had won there would have been 50 by now
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Well I for one just got to my computer so I could not comment eariler.

What a round of golf Paddy played this afternoon at The Open Championship. Other than his second shot on 7 he was in command. Sure he missed some short putts on 7-8-9 but so did many other players.

His second shot on 17 was brilliant. The drive on 18 and the approach were brilliant.

Of course we are going to hear this "Well if Tiger had been there........................................."
    BLAH BLAH BLAH

Well Tiger wasn't there so we will never know will we? Phil was there, Ernie was there, Sergio was there as were a host of others who did not step up to the plate. It's pretty sad when a 53 year old Shark was the story of the first 3 rounds. I bet the "Young, slim & trim guys" are feeling pretty embarrassed right about now

Paddy is "THE MAN"

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I couldn't believe it. They barely mentioned Tiger all day...they were doing so well. Then Harrington hits the shot of his career. Then all the commentators talk about for the next 5 minutes is "what if Tiger was here?"

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    This is unreal---Padrig wins and there are no postings. If Tiger had won there would have been 50 by now
    You could have made one....

Padraig was brilliant today (and the rest of the week too). Shame they had to spoil it with tiger talk.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Good for him, that is a huge win.

BUT if tiger was there I there is no doubt he would be 12 under and won't have won by 15 strokes... 7100 yards?? Comeone... iron, wedge, putt.. all day long
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    Padraig was brilliant today (and the rest of the week too). Shame they had to spoil it with tiger talk.
    At least Zinger made note that there will not be an * beside Paddy's name because Woods wasn't there.

I bet Paddy isn't too worried about the fact Woods was not there. He was there last year and Paddy still took home the trophy!

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Good for him, that is a huge win.

BUT if tiger was there I there is no doubt he would be 12 under and won't have won by 15 strokes... 7100 yards?? Comeone... iron, wedge, putt.. all day long
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh please.............. Under 7100 yards, 35 MPH steady winds, gusts to 45 MPH. Give your head a shake Willy, even Woods would not have been under par during this tournament.

If you think Paddy just kicked it around out there today then you surely did not watch his round. From the opening tee shot to the last putt of the day he was as solid as they come. Tom Watson was impressed and Tom won 5 times over there. He knows what it takes to win that event in those conditions.

You can dream all you want, the fact is Woods was not there. Paddy was.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post

LOL. The board idiot has spoken...

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Great job by Padraig

It was awesome to see Greg play too. Heroic effort.

I am also pleased they were restrained regarding Tiger talk. There was quite enough to talk about with the ridiculous weather etc. Also the newbie Wood put up a good show too

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    I couldn't believe it. They barely mentioned Tiger all day...they were doing so well. Then Harrington hits the shot of his career. Then all the commentators talk about for the next 5 minutes is "what if Tiger was here?"

No kidding!!!!!!!! Going so far as to speculate about what kind of shots he would be hitting. "Oh and then he'd hit then a couple of stingers..." Wow. Ahem...the guy who is actually playing is about to win back to back Opens.
    Great course management by Paddy, and those last couple of approach shots he hit were brilliant. Even Tiger would think so.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Yup---great game--good on Paddy. It was nice to hear Greg say "my legs actually started to fall off" in his post game interview.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    The conditions on this course were terrible(weather wise of course)and yet Harrington rose to the challenge.I was going with Norman but, i am glad for Harrington.We can speculate all we want but the bottom line is Paddy wins it.I do miss Tiger as a player out there.

^^^^^^

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I just reviewed this bit on pvr, and five minutes is a gross exaggeration. It was inside one minute - perhaps 50 seconds of commentary.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    I just reviewed this bit on pvr, and five minutes is a gross exaggeration. It was inside one minute - perhaps 50 seconds of commentary.
    There was something a bit before that too. But the point really is that they shouldn't have been talking about him at all. If the best thing you can think of to say after that shot is WWTD (What would Tiger do) then you should not be a golf commentator.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    LOL. The board idiot has spoken...
    Hey!!!!!!!!!! I am keeping out of this thread
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh please.............. Under 7100 yards, 35 MPH steady winds, gusts to 45 MPH. Give your head a shake Willy, even Woods would not have been under par during this tournament.

If you think Paddy just kicked it around out there today then you surely did not watch his round. From the opening tee shot to the last putt of the day he was as solid as they come. Tom Watson was impressed and Tom won 5 times over there. He knows what it takes to win that event in those conditions.

You can dream all you want, the fact is Woods was not there. Paddy was.

I dont know! I think IF (IFIFIFIFIFIF) Tiger WAS there.... he might have been able to beat that course.

BUT he wasnt so congrats on PADDY!!!

He is an incredible player,.

How about that amateur. He had a great swing and sure had that low trajectory down pat.

Bouche
    There was something a bit before that too. But the point really is that they shouldn't have been talking about him at all. If the best thing you can think of to say after that shot is WWTD (What would Tiger do) then you should not be a golf commentator.

I agree. Thay are so used to talking about him for 4 hours that it was in there blood to bring him up eventually

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    So the most dominant player of the past decade, and perhaps of all time, doesn't deserve a mention? Even Old Tom Morris was mentioned a handful of times.

It is unrealistic to expect that mention not be made of a player who is currently entering his prime, with 14 majors, not be mentioned. Like it or not, him not being there was part of the story. ABC didn't over do it.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Thread Information