CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar

Where are you at now???

Okay so now it is mid July and I was just wondering where everyone stood in this crazy world of golf, how many games played and if you have met any of your goals for this year. Just from a quick calculation tonight I think I am somewhere around 50 games and my handicap has came down roughly 5 points. I haven't had any stellar performances and have not broke 100 again yet, but have been very close and have broken 50 on 9 holes many times this year.
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    I've had 4 or five adjusted rounds in the 80s and my cap is still under 20 so both goals are going sting. I would like to Finnish with 12 rounds in the 80s and have the cap stay under 20 I need to practice more
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Bouche
    Right now my swing is at an incredible place. I have about 45 rounds to now and I have played around 25 different courses!. My newish swing is looking great because I have a perfect tempo witgh all my clubs. My new shaft in my driver has helped my driver enormously. Im lacking practice with my short game so thats all I have left right now to work on. My putter needs help! Im really starting to understand this stupid game.

My handicap is up to 5 but my scoring average is consistent and I have it at 79.2 right now

I would like to get it down to 77 as my end of the season goal

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    I've golfed more this year than I expected I would at the start (I have this forum to thank for that!) and I've improved my game in all areas to the point where breaking 100 is achievable on excellent rounds (twice so far this year).

Next goal is to start shooting low-to-mid 100's regularly instead of this bipolar disorder I've got going in my game (following up the best round of my life with the worst round of my life! ugh!)

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I for one am no where close to the number of rounds I usually play in a season. Work is causing me to not play as often. But that is ok, I can live with that. I play on average 36 holes a week now. I used to play 72-90 holes per week during the past 5 years.

I also do not keep track of my index now. I could if I wanted, I just can be bothered. Since I am no longer a member at a course I will not be playing any events where I need to have an index.

My game is not as solid as it should be either, due to lack of playing. Plus the past 6 summers I played on a far easier course than I play on now. That helped.

But life is good & I am happy.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    42 games up to today--HC is moving 1 pt-up/down-up/down. Scoring consistantly 89-93. I'm happy but could be happier Maybe an age thing
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Well so far 23 rounds this year. Probably more than twice as many as usual I am finally happy that I have now reached my goal of breaking 90 at Emerald Links. with an 88 then followed by an 85. So this years goal is done. Staying in the 80s will be my aim from now. Also shooting in the 80s at another good course would be great. My long game is decent but my putting is what usually lets me down, when it is off it is REALLY off.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    To answer your question: Not where I want to be, I'll leave it at that.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Pitching Wedge Jayuqo is on a distinguished road
    I the entire month of May and the crappy June we got didn't help. I only have 6 games in but I played a bunch of best ball tournaments. I played 94 at Edelweiss late June (best round since I started in 2006) but I I'm struggling since then.

Highlight of the summer: Eagle from 145yds, 7th hole, Edelweiss, June 21st.........still can't believe it!!!

I wish I was more consistant with my driver. My putting saved my butt more than once. Work in Progress they say.......

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    I may get kicked off of this forum but here goes: Just leaving for my first round of the season.

3 Wood Rocket Man is on a distinguished road Rocket Man's Avatar
    I envy you all....I've only played 9 rounds this year....but I did break into the 80's this year so my goal has been reached

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    54 rounds
    average score of 83.10 - down from 84.67 frrm last year
    cap at 9.5 - down 2.7 from last year
    Lost the Ryder Cup to Team Green

Stuggy Invitational is tomorow so a repeat would go along way
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I think this year, I have shaved my handicap by 5 or 6, down to 10.9, my goal is to be a single handicapper by the end of this season. A little work left to do to accomplish this.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Striking the ball much better than when I created the other thread about "sucking it up", but still not scoring the way I want to be.

Good News- Putting and short game are good.
    Ball striking is good.

Bad News - Nothing lower than 80 I believe.
    - Haven't played enough.
    - Becoming a bit inconsistent with the driver.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Got about25 games and I suck big time.Cant put if my life depended on it.Should be easy money for my opponents tomorow at the Camelot.Gonna try and get back on track and at least I am enjoying my games with my wife and friends,Cant atke this game too seriously or it will eat you up.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Played my third round of the year today at Metcalfe. Shot 93. The other two rounds were 94s. Handicap rose to 19 with the 93, but it is still based on only 11 rounds entered. I hope to get much more played in August when I am on vacation.

I don't count the 3 best-ball tournaments. I don't count the 2 9-hole par3s with the kids. Too many distractions, so that is all practice: Working on my pitching wedge, etc.

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Have played a fair bit of golf (for me), 30+ rounds. Game is up and down. Good spring (got down to 11) then went through a brutal stretch of bad ball striking last month. Lately have started to play much better again. Last two rounds alone have dropped my index a whole stroke (down to 11.6). My goal this year is to get into the single digits and right now my game is close. However I know some bad golf still awaits me this year
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    driving is back on track
    irons are pretty good
    sand play is solid
    short game is excellent
    putting is ok

played today, 11 Bogeys, 7 Pars. 1 Penalty stroke. Avoided the big number.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Got about25 games and I suck big time.Cant put if my life depended on it.Should be easy money for my opponents tomorow at the Camelot.Gonna try and get back on track and at least I am enjoying my games with my wife and friends,Cant atke this game too seriously or it will eat you up.
    sounds like we could have a who sucks more putting competition.

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    putter wont matter. IT is now just CTP

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I'm at 22 rounds this year, which is my usual pace. My game is wildly inconsistent - which is also normal. Played terrible last weekend, great on Thursday and then stunk today. Back to the range tomorrow, and so it begins again...

Lob Wedge toro57 is on a distinguished road
    My season started off good playing 2 -3 times a week and seeing a small improvment in my game , but at the end of May I Knew I had an eye problem coming my way...Long story short 7 retinal tears and then 1 detached retina...3 months with no golf or any lifting over 5 lbs....Just starting to get some sight back but typing and reading are still tough...Was really hoping to get a chance to play canadian or mississippi this year when visiting my daughter but that looks doubtful now..Anyway,I hope your courses up there stay in great shape

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Playing pretty well but I find ways to ruin rounds, today I had 6 birdies in the golf league and didn't even shoot under par. shot a 72 and won my match 4 and 2. The one positive thing thats going on is that I've been winning my matches every time though I've been giving 10 to 12 strokes to my competition. I wish there was someone in one of my leagues that played closer to my handicap.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Confused is where I'm at. Started the season driving the ball straighter, farther, and more consistently than I ever thought possible. But I couldn't score. The last few rounds I'd be lucky to find the first cut of rough, let alone the fairway. But give me a shot from 80 yards and in, and I'll get it up and down in 2 about two thirds of the time. This game is so strange. If I could only combine my long play from the first few rounds with my short game from the last few, I'd be breaking 80 consistently. As it is, I'm consistently hitting high 80s in a very inconsistent manner

Pitching Wedge Mick-Mulli is on a distinguished road
    I have played more this year then I ever have. I think I am around 25 rounds right now. I have never broke 90 and my best score is 93. So I am always aiming at breaking 100 (hopefully not for much longer). That is my year long goal. I think I have about 11 rounds under 100 and it is consistantly staying there. I need lessons but am scared to get them. I think i will just be overwhelmed with to much info at once. So for now i just try having fun and maintain my composure. My short game(chipping) is my strength, and longer shots and driver would probably my weakness.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Stupid work and rain have reduced my play and practice time this year. My Handicap has risen accordingly but I did play better Saturday (mid 90's) so there is hope. I have to find time for the driving range but it seems to be raining whenever I drive home from work with my clubs in my trunk. (I'll play in the rain but won't go to a range.)

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Up until yesterday, I would have posted that my game is in the toilet, but then out of nowhere, I have a career round in a tournament on Sunday. I had 13 consecutive pars. I'm still felling pretty great about it.
    Andrew

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    I finally found my swing... after a rough may & June of not breaking 100. I am finally scoring in the 90's again with some sub 90' (89, 86, and 85). If I can avoid the duffed drives and the 3 putts I'll be in the 80's every round.

I'm 22 rounds in this year. My cap is at 22, but my goal is to get it to 20 or under by the fall.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I am in a bad mood.

It's been pretty much point and shoot with the driver this year but very inconsistent with the irons. Just found out yesterday that four of my irons have bent shafts right at the hosel. .

If I start playing well after I reshaft them I'm going to be mighty PO'd.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Really not sure as of now , had a career best last week , but before that , i was all over the place .
    The cap is still going lower , so i guess its a little bit of progress
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thread Information