100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar

Another Young Ottawaer

Hey everyone,

I've been browsing the forums for about a week and decided to say hey. I'm a 23-year old living in Ottawa that got hooked last summer and have been hitting the range a lot recently. Looking for people in my age and skill range preferably to play with on the courses for some more practice, and hopefully I'll contribute once in awhile to the forums as well

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum, Denis!

I'm in a similar position to you - just got properly hooked on the game last year after years and years of only getting out a couple of times per year, and joined the forum earlier this spring.

If you're looking for a game, there's lots of people who will oblige you in the Arrange a Game part of the forum. I've yet to meet a person from the forum here that hasn't been a pleasure to golf with - and some of the better players are really good about giving you tips and advice that can really help your game. So long as you golf at a reasonable pace, most won't care about your score or skill.

Hope to see you out on the links sometime.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Denis! What Foddz said is 100% true.... great bunch of people in here! (btw, Foddz hasn't played with me yet)
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thanks for the replies guys, looking forward to playing with the people here. I won't lie, I'm a little intimidated, I keep reading about the guys here that are pretty low handi-cappers, so hopefully I find people that are HUGE handicappers so I won't feel out of place, haha. I'll probably end up taking some lessons this summer as well, hopefully help my swing out a bit and make sure I'm not making any huge mistakes early on. I'll check out the Arrange a Game forum though, thanks!

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    I'm probably the highest handicapper on the forum,yourself included. Play with me, and you'll feel *great* about your game in no time.

I guess that means we'll have to play sometime, it'll boost my confidence at least Haha. I'm sure you're not as bad as you think though, lol.

Thread Information