100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Par slicemaster is on a distinguished road

Magellan Maestro 4210 GPS System - any good?

Hey folks I am looking to pick up a GPS for my car, and this one is on sale at Bestbuy. Seems like a really good deal. Anyone have any insight on whether or not it's any good? What brands would you recommend? Please let me know. Thanks!

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slicemaster View Post
    Hey folks I am looking to pick up a GPS for my car, and this one is on sale at Bestbuy. Seems like a really good deal. Anyone have any insight on whether or not it's any good? What brands would you recommend? Please let me know. Thanks!
    That is a terrific unit for the price.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I have the exact unit (the Maestro 4210) & I really like it, I got mine at Wal MArt for $199. There is the smaller unit (I think its the 3210) but screen size is the only difference, and it is on sale at Canadian Tire for $165. I've used both the 3210 and the 4210 & I know its only $35, but I'd have no problem with the 3210 either. I thought the 4210 would have more features & functions, but as I said, the only difference between the 2 is the screen size.
    Andrew

Wow. seeing as best buy is selling the big one for Canadian Tire's price for the small one, I'd grab the 4210 right away.
    Andrew

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Wow. seeing as best buy is selling the big one for Canadian Tire's price for the small one, I'd grab the 4210 right away.

That's exactly what I thought
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I have the exact unit (the Maestro 4210) & I really like it, I got mine at Wal MArt for $199. There is the smaller unit (I think its the 3210) but screen size is the only difference, and it is on sale at Canadian Tire for $165. I've used both the 3210 and the 4210 & I know its only $35, but I'd have no problem with the 3210 either. I thought the 4210 would have more features & functions, but as I said, the only difference between the 2 is the screen size.

Thanks for the post! Does it have the voice that tells you where to turn? I think I would get myself into an accident if I had to look at the screen all the time lol.

yeah it's definitely a good deal at bestbuy lol. that's why i wanted to check, since it seems too good to be true!

Yes, it has a soft (yet a little robotic) female voice giving you audio turn by turn directions.

Automotive GPS are not perfect (hopefully they will come out with regular downloads to update points of interest and the general maps) but they are great. If you have the correct address of the place you're going, they will take you there. I find them especially useful for going to golf courses for the 1st time.
    Andrew

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Any idea how these compare to the Garmin's in terms of ease of use etc?

I'm no technical genius, but you just have to turn them on to give you the map of where you are, what direction you're headed, and how fast you're going.

It has a large 4.3" touch screen for entering addresses or points of interest, which is pretty simple. The only beef I have with it is that it gives you 4 choices of how to get to your address. Shortest Distance, Fastest Time, Most Use of Freeways, and Least Use of Freeways. Shortest Distance sounds great, but it can send you on some very strange routes. Fastest Time and Most Use of Freeways are the most reliable. But once you figure out the interface, its very easy to cancel the way you've chosen and re-enter, its pretty effective.

The Magellan ones are really good at re-calculating your route if you've missed a turn. It only takes the unite a few seconds to recalculate. It often asks you to make a legal u-turn, but I usually just keep driving & it gets me right back on track.
    Andrew

Woo hoo just bought it used from a dude who got it at Bestbuy, but no longer wants it!

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Yesterday's Best Buy flyer had this on sale again...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Do you mean the 3210 model? Saw that one for $119.99 lol.

never mind it is the 4210 on sale. oh well i stilll saved some money

Thread Information