CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

July 1: NHL Day?

So does anyone think the Lightining will be an improved team next year? Malone, Vrbata, Roberts, Prospal, Kolzig....looks like they're making a huge push to improve dramatically.

I like the Blackhawks signing of Huet. A good young goalie, on a good young team. If they can keep that core together they will be a force.

Still waiting for some of the big names to get signed though.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    just heard Auld is going to be the backup for Gerber next year and Campbell has signed with the Hawks

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    just heard Auld is going to be the backup for Gerber next year and Campbell has signed with the Hawks

WOW! Perhaps the Hawks will be better sooner than later. Good on them.

As for the Auld signing, I like it. A good capable back up who will know his role.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    WOW! Perhaps the Hawks will be better sooner than later. Good on them.

As for the Auld signing, I like it. A good capable back up who will know his role.
    Well, the Hawks will have to get rid of some big contracts now that they are well over the cap limit....a total of $12 million for the two goalies is outrageous IMO!!!

Dave

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Wade Redden signed with the Rangers for 6 years at 6.5 million per.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Huet isn't that young, is he? I thought he was thirty something. Goalies can play longer than most I guess. Not sure he's worth the $5 or $6M per. Campbell will be great with that team though. I like the Auld signing for the Sens, he's a quality back up. I also like Rolsten going back to the Devils, would've liked to see him in Ottawa.

I can't believe that Vancouver has offered Sundin the equivalent of $20 million over 2 years.

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Huet isn't that young, is he? I thought he was thirty something. Goalies can play longer than most I guess. Not sure he's worth the $5 or $6M per. Campbell will be great with that team though. I like the Auld signing for the Sens, he's a quality back up. I also like Rolsten going back to the Devils, would've liked to see him in Ottawa.
    He will be 33 (Sep 3, 1975)

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    So when is Gainey going to annouce that he's signed Hossa, Sundin and Sakic for 2 years? Oh, wait, I think I just soiled myself.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    How about those Leafs? Going retro by signing CUJO for $700,000. I wonder if Ronnie Francis is coming out of retirement?

Actually Cujo is a good deal. He'll likely only see 15-20 games so he is a cheap back up that can still stop pucks.

Sundin in Vancouver for $20 mil, where does he sign?

Tucker & Raycroft signed with the AVS? What were they thinking?
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Bouche
    Avery wantsa to play for the leafs!!!! I would love him on my team. (hes so good they had to make a rule because of him!) lol

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I am now CONVINCED that NHL GM's are certifiably CRAZY

Redden @ 6.5M per
    Sundin @ 10M per
    Ryder @ 4M per
    Commodore @ 3.75 per

But the icing on the cake is.......

Jeff Finger @ 3.5M per - Who the hell is Jeff Finger

I must be dreaming because I seem to recall that we missed an entire year of hockey and now the floor on the salary cap is higher than the average amount spent on an NHL roster before the cap came into effect.

Stunning, Shocking, and very Disappointing day for this hockey fan

Gainey's the man. Signed Ryder to a 1 year (1.2 million?), dumped Huet, didn't sign Streit...that just saved us $14 million in salary! Now, if he'd make some moves to keep the fans happy.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Didn't Ryder go to Boston?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Sorry, Gainey signed him to a 1 year contract last year after Ryder had a career year, only to taper off and spend half the season in the pressbox.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Here is a great site for everyone to check on Payroll for their favourite teams...

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=MTL

Of course I used the link to the Habs, just in case there is good news and I see Hossa or Sundin's name added...

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    The Hawks gave a lot of money to Campbell for many years that could hurtb them later on. I would have liked to see him a Sens but not at that price.

Redden 6.5M for 6 years LMAO! That's a true Rangers contract...

Hossa will probably get the Max salary now with what was given to others. That is also sad to see. He's worth 8M in todays NHL but not a dime more.

Sundin will probably get close to 10M for 2 years and that could a good investment for 2 years no longer. If he makes you a tru contender
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Geoff Johnston;263705]I like the Blackhawks signing of Huet. A good young goalie, on a good young team. If they can keep that core together they will be a force. QUOTE]

Is Huet not like 32, not so young??

Those teams that have the money are not missing their chances, Ottawa will be left out as per usual. I called it, Murray will be missing some key ingredients and will fall woefully short. We need a forward and a few defencemen but who will they be. I really hope that Murray makes a blockbuster deal to get rid of Spezza and get what he needs, a 2 way centreman who can pass and a couple of stay home defencemen.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Hossa to Detroit, $7.4M for one year!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

[QUOTE=leftylucas;263792]
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    I like the Blackhawks signing of Huet. A good young goalie, on a good young team. If they can keep that core together they will be a force. QUOTE]

Is Huet not like 32, not so young??

Those teams that have the money are not missing their chances, Ottawa will be left out as per usual. I called it, Murray will be missing some key ingredients and will fall woefully short. We need a forward and a few defencemen but who will they be. I really hope that Murray makes a blockbuster deal to get rid of Spezza and get what he needs, a 2 way centreman who can pass and a couple of stay home defencemen.

Murray was in on a number of deals but the money got stupid on most of them. Even Chicago said they overspent to get Campbell but wanted to make a splash. We locked up a number of players last year so we don't have go overpay on the free agent market.

As for Huet, goalies mature slower and the position is easier on their bodies. A lot of them play into their late 30's and early 40's. 32 is not old for a goalie and he should be good for at least another 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Hossa to Detroit, $7.4M for one year!
    The rich get richer! It's tough to repeat but they just added a solid player. Guess he wants to take a run at the cup. Wouldn't it be funny if Pittsburgh won the cup next year?

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Sundin needs more time to make a decision. Good luck finding another team stupid enough to offer 10 million a season to a washed up prima donna...
    Vancouver fans should send him a thank-you card.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Not sure what you're trying to say, seems kind of vague. Could you drop the sugar coating and tell us how you really feel about Sundin?

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    So far, the Sens have re-signed Donovan and signed Auld, with this crop this is a dissapointing UFA season in my mind. If we don't get some D soon we're doomed again!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    Sundin needs more time to make a decision. Good luck finding another team stupid enough to offer 10 million a season to a washed up prima donna...
    Prima donna? Sundin shows up and gives 100% every time he steps on the ice, which is a lot more than can be said for the Sens roster.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Looks like Ottawa has signed Jarkko Ruutu.

Quote Originally Posted by fireice View Post
    Looks like Ottawa has signed Jarkko Ruutu.
    Good value too. He adds grit to the lineup for sure.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I
    Jeff Finger @ 3.5M per - Who the hell is Jeff Finger
    The inside "word going around" was that Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment wanted to give the Leaf fans "the Finger"..............
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post

Believe it or not, there are 4 teams bidding on him

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    Yup Sundin will be signed. Now i actually think it will be no more then 8M a year. He can still put up a point per game, he's a very rare big center that can pivot the 1st line.

To me if the Habs sign him it will make them the top team in the East. If Vancouver signs him it might make them reach the playoffs but he wouldn't have the same impact.

With the right team he can make a huge impact. Yet I doubt theirs a better fit for him then the Habs
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

Thread Information