CorporateGolfXtra 2024

View Poll Results: DO YOU HAVE PHOTOS OF YOUR CLUBS?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have photos of my clubs

13 44.83%
  • No I do not have photos of my clubs

10 34.48%
  • I will be taking some photos of my clubs ASAP

6 20.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Do You Have Photos Of Your Sticks?

In light of one of our members losing his clubs in a fire at his club's Bag Storage I wonder how many of you have photos of your current bag setup?

As Hacker has mentioned in another thread, dealing with the insurance companies can be a hassle unless you have receipts for your clubs. Or photos. With digital cameras so readily available it would be wise to take photos of your golf clubs, bag etc. Store them on a disk, print them out and send copies to your insurance company. In Geoff's case that might not work as he changes clubs way too often!

I do have photos, and I take some more when I change my bag around. I can also have my clubs verified by the store I work at. They know exactly what is in my bag.

So answer the poll questions and we'll find out who is ahead of the game if it comes to having your clubs stolen or lost in a fire etc etc.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Driver tacks451 is on a distinguished road tacks451's Avatar
    I dont

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I do.. My whole bag was stolen 10 years ago.. Since then I have always kept photos..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Driver tacks451 is on a distinguished road tacks451's Avatar
    If my insurance bust my balls I will for sure!!!

3 Wood Rocket Man is on a distinguished road Rocket Man's Avatar
    I don't but in light of what has happened, I will go take some pics of all of my valuables ASAP

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Here's a hypothetical question: Let's say your clubs get stolen and you have a bunch of digital pics of your clubs. Let's also assume that, like most pics of golf clubs, there are no identifiable markings in the background, no people visible, etc. What's to stop the insurance company from saying that you just nabbed those pics off the net and they're not actually yours?

My point? If you're going to take pics of your clubs, which probably is a good idea, make sure there's something in the picture which identifies them as yours.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I take pictures of all my clubs when I get them. Just makes it easier for when I decide they aren't working and ho them after a round or two.

3 Iron Paddy963 is on a distinguished road Paddy963's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Here's a hypothetical question: Let's say your clubs get stolen and you have a bunch of digital pics of your clubs. Let's also assume that, like most pics of golf clubs, there are no identifiable markings in the background, no people visible, etc. What's to stop the insurance company from saying that you just nabbed those pics off the net and they're not actually yours?

My point? If you're going to take pics of your clubs, which probably is a good idea, make sure there's something in the picture which identifies them as yours.
    Don't know if it would hold up in court, but most digital cameras put id tags on the picture files they take with the model number / serial number. So if you could prove that you own the camera that took the pictures it would prove you took those pictures and didn't just get them off the internet.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I'm off to GT to take pictures of the most expensive clubs they have-----wonder if they will let me take a pic with them in my trunk?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Nut Bullet is on a distinguished road Bullet's Avatar
    God you just beat me to my idea! I might go to the next Big tourney in the area ans ask I pro if I can take pics with his bag for a joke...
    Bad days golf, better then a good days work!

If they want to argue the point that the clubs in the photo are not mine they are free to come over and see either the painted rec room wall or the outside deck on which the photos were taken. It would be pretty tough for an agent to say "You got that photo from the internet" when he is standing on the same pressure treated deck that the photos were taken on.

If you own Ping Irons like I do then you have the serial numbers of those and you should have them registered with Ping. Same thing with TM irons etc. Register them.

It not probably a good idea to take photos of your clubs. It is the smart idea to do so, and also any other valuables you have in your home.

Eagle buykrux is on a distinguished road
    i have some clubs registered that i dont even own any more
    so your still in the same boat

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    My dad was an insurance agent. He is the reason I have pictures of everything in my house. If you ever lost everything in a fire you would need to be able to tell the insurance company what needs to be replaced, and you would never remember it all. Plus there is much less room for debate on what you owned if there are pictures.

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    since my bag got stolen I do indeed have pictures. Now since my mom is an insurance broker and had played with many of her associated they knew what I had so it wasn't a big deal, but still easier to have proof

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    why do you need pics?? Isn't the whats in the bag feature enough... along with a letter from dan confirming the contents weren't altered prior to the claim??? I don't see why pics would be better than a print out from this site
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    why do you need pics?? Isn't the whats in the bag feature enough... along with a letter from dan confirming the contents weren't altered prior to the claim??? I don't see why pics would be better than a print out from this site
    Depe let me explain why photos are better than what you have suggested above.

A. This is a website anyone can join. How does the insurance company know I am Golfbum?

B. This is a website where you can put whatever you want in the WITB Feature. Again no actual proof of what you own.

C. Do you really think Dan would have time to verify a claim of a forum member in writing?

Take the photos, I mean really how hard can that be?

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    d) I was kidding, imagine if dan had to write a letter for 250 members
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    You expect a lot from me it seems.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lms View Post
    My dad was an insurance agent. He is the reason I have pictures of everything in my house. If you ever lost everything in a fire you would need to be able to tell the insurance company what needs to be replaced, and you would never remember it all. Plus there is much less room for debate on what you owned if there are pictures.
    Not to be a wet blanket, but chances are a fire that destroyed everything would also destroy all those pictures and receipts. Unless you have a fireproof safe/box.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Not to be a wet blanket, but chances are a fire that destroyed everything would also destroy all those pictures and receipts. Unless you have a fireproof safe/box.

Off site back ups....i take all my photos and once a year burn them on dvd, which holds a million pics, and take it to work and leave it there. If we ever lost the photos of my kids growing up my wife would loose her mind....and we don't want that

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    I would have to assume most people are smart enough to realize that storing them in the house is not a good idea .....

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I recently went Ping, so might the Ping registration process be enough for insurance purposes?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I keep mine in a folder on my photobucket account. That way no matter where the fire is I can access them from anyone's computer. Even the insurance agent's
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    I keep mine in a folder on my photobucket account. That way no matter where the fire is I can access them from anyone's computer. Even the insurance agent's

But what happens if the internet burns down???
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    There is free, helpful software on the Insurance Bureau of Canada's website for home inventories.
    http://www.ibc.ca/en/Home_Insurance/.../Inventory.asp That being said, I don't have photos of anything, and I leave my clubs in storage at my golf course.
    Andrew

8 Iron hackman is on a distinguished road
    been an insurance claims guy for almost 18 years gents
    most insurers will require you to come up with some form of proof of ownership
    we generally go by the following
    1.original bills
    2.photos
    3.verbal or written confirmation of ownership by playing partners or someone at your club who will attest to the quaility of the twig
    Most companies will work on whats called " Utmost good faith" meaning we will believe what you are claiming until you give us a reason to not believe but working with that most insurers state if your going to claim for quality you better be able to prove you had quality
    Can tell you golf club claims are on the rise and the real issue we deal with is not if the theft occured but the inflation of claim as suddenly the northwesterns from the 80s turn out to be pings or dci`s etc
    good thing to do is just a photo of the clubs if you dont have the bill and a word to the wise
    should you mention to your insurer that you purchased in the USA they will ask you for your documents from the customs folks and if you cant produce they can treat it as illegally aquired as these items have to be declared
    you can solve this problem with just simple photos of the clubs and bag
    Anyhow quick summary of claims adjusting 101

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hackman View Post
    been an insurance claims guy for almost 18 years gents
    most insurers will require you to come up with some form of proof of ownership
    we generally go by the following
    1.original bills
    2.photos
    3.verbal or written confirmation of ownership by playing partners or someone at your club who will attest to the quaility of the twig
    Most companies will work on whats called " Utmost good faith" meaning we will believe what you are claiming until you give us a reason to not believe but working with that most insurers state if your going to claim for quality you better be able to prove you had quality
    Can tell you golf club claims are on the rise and the real issue we deal with is not if the theft occured but the inflation of claim as suddenly the northwesterns from the 80s turn out to be pings or dci`s etc
    good thing to do is just a photo of the clubs if you dont have the bill and a word to the wise
    should you mention to your insurer that you purchased in the USA they will ask you for your documents from the customs folks and if you cant produce they can treat it as illegally aquired as these items have to be declared
    you can solve this problem with just simple photos of the clubs and bag
    Anyhow quick summary of claims adjusting 101
    Well explained. Perhaps you can shed some light on how such a high claim for golf clubs would affect one's home insurance premiums?
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    There is free, helpful software on the Insurance Bureau of Canada's website for home inventories.
    http://www.ibc.ca/en/Home_Insurance/.../Inventory.asp That being said, I don't have photos of anything, and I leave my clubs in storage at my golf course.
    Are you insured against a 'stache fire though.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    Well explained. Perhaps you can shed some light on how such a high claim for golf clubs would affect one's home insurance premiums?
    being a claims guy dont really get into this aspect of our industry i can tell that basically premiums are not really effected by the dollar value or type of claim
    it based on frequency meaning if we hear from you on a regular basis you will take a hit come renewal time
    the hit could range from increased deductible or premium to outright policy cancellation
    as golf is pretty big in our industry there has to be an underwriting or a broker involved in this forum that could provide better insight into the question
    i will have a chat with one of my collegues to see if i can provide you a better or more accurate answer

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Are you insured against a 'stache fire though.
    only fires your not insured for are the intentionally set fires
    and even then we have to almost have a photo of you with gas can to prove the fraud

Thread Information