100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: snapped shaft

BG458

snapped shaft

My buddy has got a snapped driver shaft right at the hosel is the only way to get the broken part out of the hosel is by drilling?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Drilling will get the job done. Start smal. If it's graphite you can also try screwing a wooden screw in the tip section. Heat it up(wear gloves and glasses) and try pulling on the screw with a pair of vise grip. Other than that you can also get the special tool made for that purpose.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Pitching Wedge Mick-Mulli is on a distinguished road
    I went to the range today and when i pulled out my driver I noticed that the head on it was loose. Anyways when took cover off it basiclly snapped, right where the shaft enters the head (hoesl ?) I think. So if you don't mind me askin in your thread.....Do I have to replace the shaft or can that be re-worked or what ? I bought it at GT like two months ago...its a ping G5....is there any kind of warranty on it? I don't abuse it at all... I've hit it off the ground a few times but generally hit it ok. If there anything like one peice hockey sticks, I am probably outta luck. Anyway....sorry to invade your thread with my beginner questions, and thanks in advance for any info.
    Cheers

BG458
    Well I am shur it is under warranty, specially since it is a Ping they are great with their warranty stuff. What i did you my friend was drill out the hosel and prepped the tip of the shaft that was broken and installed. This will work if 1. you do not mind a tip trim making it abit stiffer. 2. the shaft has enough barrel left to prep it.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick-Mulli View Post
    I went to the range today and when i pulled out my driver I noticed that the head on it was loose. Anyways when took cover off it basiclly snapped, right where the shaft enters the head (hoesl ?) I think. So if you don't mind me askin in your thread.....Do I have to replace the shaft or can that be re-worked or what ? I bought it at GT like two months ago...its a ping G5....is there any kind of warranty on it?
    Take it back to GT with your receipt - since it is only two months old they will probably replace it on the spot. Worst case scenario is they send it to Ping for repair and you will have to wait a week to use it.

If you work on the club yourself, you will probably invalidate the warranty. I would not advise doing anything to it yourself until you've gone to GT first.

Pitching Wedge Mick-Mulli is on a distinguished road
    Your right, I just got back from GT and they took it and are sending back to ping for warranty. They didn't have any G5's left....or I think they were just going to give me a new one. I am glad there fixing it for free but bummed out I am without a driver for a week. Anyways thanks for advice.

Thread Information